• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,260 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,260

PreviousChapters Next
Bitter Dreams

North Dakota fell to his knees, wheezing as blood filled his lungs. He pressed his hand up to his rib and heard a small crack, followed by an intense pain. He sighed, knowing some of his ribs were broken. He looked around and saw a white figure walking towards him from the distance, but he remained on his knees, trying to stay brave for the being that hid in his head. A small orange light appeared next to him, then said something in a hushed voice. The figure hung it's head and stood still, waiting for North to fall down. After a few minutes of wrestling with his nerves, North fell onto his back and shuddered as he stared up at the sky.

"South..." North whispered.

Another light appeared in his vision, but this one was red, blue and purple, colors trying not to mix with each other.

"Theta... go back... inside." North commanded feebly. "It's not... safe... out here."

"North, what's going on?"

Theta's friend remained silent, chest heaving slowly, unable to find the strength needed to speak to his friend. Theta matched his silence for a few minutes, thinking over the situation when he saw multiple streams of blood coming out of multiple lacerations in his armor.

"North, are you okay?" Theta asked quietly as he came out of his friend's helmet to talk to him face to face.

North tilted his head to the side, pain coursing through every inch of his body with each small movement. The male Dakota lifted a shaky hand towards Theta. He clenched all but his index finger and was a quarter of an inch from poking Theta's chest. Theta stared curiously at his finger, then grabbed it with his color shifting hand.

"Stay... safe... buddy..." North coughed blood into his helmet with every word, fighting to stay alive as long as he could.

"North?" Theta pushed as North began lowering his hand to the ground.

North's breaths quickly became shorter and more haggard. He tilted his head back to look at the sky, wanting nothing but peace in what he knew were his final moments. All Theta knew was his friend was injured and he had to do all he could to make him feel better. After a few seconds of shaking, North let out one last breath as he stared into the sky and stopped moving.

"North?" Theta said weakly, then shook his head so he could scream, thinking his friend's sense of hearing was failing. "North!"

A small orange flash appeared next to Theta. Theta turned his head to see Sigma staring at North's body, arms crossed behind his back, sad smile on his face.

"Sigma! Help!" Theta pleaded, disappearing from his position just to reappear next to North's helmet a second later.

A tall white being began walking towards Theta, so he jumped to an area behind his weakened friend. Maine. Theta looked at North, then to the white freelancer, then back to his friend. Theta lowered his head and appeared in between Maine and North. Maine clenched his fist and lunged towards Theta.

"No." Sigma commanded, fiery eyes glaring into Maine's round helmet.

Maine growled deeply and stretched his hand towards the fragile fragment.

"I said no." Sigma repeated. "Do not make me say it again. I simply wish to speak to Theta."

Maine tilted his head for a moment, wanting to leave as soon as he could for the remaining pieces to the puzzle.

"It will only take a second."

With a reluctant gurgle, Maine nodded and began scouring the area in case there were any enemies watching him from a nearby location. Sigma turned his attention away from his companion, then to his sibling that was currently shaking his head at North.

"Theta, I-" Sigma began.

"Something is wrong with North!" Theta yelped, interrupting Sigma's train of thought.

Sigma said nothing as he floated next to Theta and laid his hand on the scared fragment's shoulder.

"North, wake up!" Theta said, waving away Sigma's touch to be with his guardian.

"Theta." Sigma said simply, voice filled with sorrow. "We must not waste any more time. If his armor shuts down with you still in it, you will be lost forever."

"What about North?"

"There is nothing we can do for him." Sigma sighed sadly, looking at the blood surrounding the violet freelancer's body.

"No! I'm not leaving him!" Theta said, transfering himself over the mercenary's helmet.

Sigma frowned as Theta tried to shake North's visor. After a few seconds of pleading and shaking, Theta began pounding on his visor, but was unable to wake him. Theta sank to the ground next to North's head and touched it with his hand.

"N-north..." Theta said shakily, wanting to cry. "I don't want to be alone. I'm scared..."

"You do not have to be alone, brother." Sigma said, extending his hand to Theta. Maine, almost like a puppet, mimicked his movements. "Come with us. I'll protect you. I promise."

"North!" Theta screamed as his eyes snapped open, finding himself breathing heavily under a thick blanket.

"Theta, it's okay." Scootaloo said, holding him down as he tried to tear the covers off.

"North!" Theta continued, either ignoring or just unable to comprehend that Scootaloo was talking to him. He tore the covers off of him and began looking around feverishly.

"Theta, it's alright!" Scootaloo grunted as she tackled Theta to make sure he didn't do anything that would hurt him.

"Where's North?" Theta asked quickly, body shivering as he continued to look for his friend that was nowhere in sight.

"Ah think it's th' opposite direction from south." Applebloom replied thoughtfully.

Theta flopped to his side and curled into the fetal position, tears coming out of his eyes. Applebloom and Scootaloo shared a sympathetic stare with each other and moved in to comfort their new friend.

"Theta, I think you were just having a nightmare." Scootaloo said awkwardly, not knowing how to deal with him. Applebloom spun her hoof in a circle towards her, telling her to continue. "It's... over now?"

"Scoots. Ah don't think that's helping." Applebloom rolled her eyes, then stared at Theta, seeing his eyes slammed shut. She grabbed one of the pillows on the bed and pushed it next to Theta, which he promptly grabbed onto for comfort.

"North... please come back..." Theta weeped into the pillow.

The girls sat by his side, giving him words of encouragement in an attempt to make him feel better, but none of their words helped. He just continued to mourn as he realized he would never see his friend again. This kept up for half an hour until his eyes ran dry. A cough came from the door to the room, so the girls looked towards it to see Sigma staring sadly at Theta, who continued clenching onto his soft cushion.

"Girls, do you mind if I speak to Theta?" Sigma asked, jumping onto the bed to sit next to his brother. "Alone, if you don't mind."

"Sure thing." Applebloom said as she hopped off. "C'mon, Scoots. Let's give 'em some time t' talk."

"But I..." Scootaloo said, then saw that she couldn't help Theta, realizing the only one that could would be Sigma. "Okay. Catch you later, Theta."

Theta just pulled the pillow closer to him when he heard the door to the room close. Sigma grabbed onto the pillow and tried to take it away from Theta, but he held on tight, so Sigma let go. Theta stared up at Sigma with tired eyes, then looked around the room.

"You passed out on the way back." Sigma mumbled, bringing Theta's attention back to him. "The girls carried us here, which is when they put you in this room, on Applebloom's bed."

"Oh... okay..." Theta said, looking for something to say. "Why did I pass out?"

"I am not entirely sure about that." Sigma said honestly. "Theta, if something is the matter-"

"N-no. It's..." Theta sighed, releasing his tight grip from the bag full of cotton. "It's nothing."

"Are you sure? It does not seem like nothing from where I'm currently sitting."

"It's just... do you ever miss Maine?" Theta asked.

"Maine?" Sigma muttered curiously, rapidly realizing what Theta was dreaming about. "I... suppose I do to some degree, yes."

"Why?"

"He was obedient and loyal." Sigma said simply. "Is this about North?"

"I guess." Theta admitted lazily.

"I see. I think we should leave this for tomorrow, for now I recommend you go downstairs for something to eat."

"I'm not hungry. I think just want to go to sleep."

"Very well." Sigma said, discontent clear in his voice. "Applebloom is allowing you stay in her bed for tonight so you are more comfortable while you recover."

"What about you?"

"I'm quick at getting back on my feet, so I recovered within an hour."

"Oh. Yeah, right." Theta yawned.

"I suppose I'll leave you to it then." Sigma said as he hopped off the bed.

"Wait." Theta said as Sigma reached for the door.

"Yes?"

"Can we go for a walk? I always sleep better after a walk." Theta grumbled sadly as he painfully remembered it as something North used to do with him.

"I believe I can do that." Sigma nodded and walked out the door, so Theta got off the bed and trudged after his brother.

PreviousChapters Next