• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,258 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,258

PreviousChapters Next
Against the Odds

Spike groaned as he sat up in his bed and began to stretch his arm. He looked to his right and grunted when he looked directly into the rising sun.

"I keep telling you not to stay up late." Twilight yawned, pulling the covers higher.

"I didn't stay up late." Spike said quietly.

Twilight threw the covers off of her, sat up and gave Spike an inquisitive look.

"Okay, maybe I stayed up a little late." Spike muttered as he rubbed his eyes. "But you weren't here to tell me not to."

"Because you should know when to go to sleep by now." Twilight laughed tiredly as she went back under the covers.

"You goin' to go back to sleep?"

"Just a little bit longer."

"Maybe you shouldn't have stayed up so late either." Spike laughed.

"Maybe, but my body doesn't need sleep as much as yours does."

"That's not fair."

"It may seem that way, but I'm doing this for your benefit."

"I'm going to go grab some breakfast." Spike muttered, annoyed.

"I'll be down in a few minutes." Twilight said.

"Okay." Spike grunted as he opened the door and made his way downstairs.

Church and Tex were sitting at the table, talking about something when Spike stormed past them and into the kitchen.

"What's his deal?" Tex asked with a rough laugh.

"I don't know..." Church said quietly.

Spike came back out of the kitchen and sat at the table, crossing his arms on the it to lay his head on them. "Something on your mind?

"No." Spike murmured, but quickly rose his head to look at Church. "She treats me like a baby, then tells me I'm supposed to have the responsibilities of an adult!"

"You need your sleep." Church shrugged. "As much as you hate to hear it, you are still a kid."

"I'm not a kid." Spike grumbled.

"If only North was here." Tex laughed. "He always was good with kids."

"I'm not a kid!" Spike yelled.

"Alright, alright. You're not a kid." Tex said, feigning fear. She gazed curiously at the small dragon. "So what do you eat?"

"I eat a lot of things. My absolute favorite thing to eat are rubies." Spike said, quickly forgetting about the conversation. A small dribble of drool escaping the corner of his mouth. He noticed this, then wiped it off on his arm. "Why?

"I don't know, I kind of just assumed you drank blood."

"Why would I do that?" Spike asked with a disgusted laugh.

"I just assumed most small reptiles did that." Tex commented dryly.

"Don't worry about Spike. He isn't an alien, he's a dragon." Church muttered.

"Yeah, I know. But aren't dragons supposed to be big and menacing?" Tex asked. "This guy doesn't seem like any of that."

"I can be menacing." Spike grumbled.

"Sure you can." Tex chuckled.

Spike crossed his arms and started stomping away.

"You can't make yourself more threatening by running away." Tex warned. "Take a stand, tell me to go fuck myself."

"But Twi said you hurt people."

"I guess I do." Tex shrugged, then made direct eye contact with Spike. "What would you do if I killed her?"

"Tex." Church said firmly.

Tex shot Church a glare, then she looked back to Spike and raised her brow.

"Would you really do that?" Spike asked quietly.

"Hasn't Church told you about what I did as a job?" Tex asked coldly, but Spike remained silent. "I did things that nobody else would do. As long as you were to pay me, I would do anything."

"You're lucky Tucker wasn't here to hear that." Church smirked.

"Shut it." Tex hissed, turning her attention back to Spike. "Hell, I was ready to rip Grif's arm off for five bucks."

"Why?"

"Because that's what I was trained to do. And that's what I built my life on. Trading favors." Tex said, finishing her sentence off in a slightly deeper voice. "Now, I'll ask again. What would you do if I killed Twilight?"

"I..." Spike trailed off.

"You've already failed." Tex chortled. "When someone does something you don't like, you act. What would you do if I went to Twilight right now and snapped her neck?"

"I-I'd try to hurt you back." Spike stuttered nervously.

"Do you think you could take me?" Tex asked, standing straight up, seemingly getting ready to fight.

"No." Spike sighed sadly.

"Then what do you suppose is stopping me from doing it?"

"Because you don't think you can win against her."

"Is that so?" Tex asked coldly, walking towards the stairs. "We'll see if she can beat me without that little horn of hers."

"She beat you in the cave without any trouble, ad she couldn't use her horn then!"

"Alright, I guess it won't be a big deal if I go up there now then." Tex said as she placed a hoof on the first step.

Spike snarled and shot a green ball of flames directly at Tex. Tex heard the crackling ball of fire and quickly rolled out of the way. The ball then hit the stairs and burst, leaving a large black mark on the staircase. Tex looked at it for a few seconds before looking back to Spike, who was readying another ball of fire.

"That's more like it." Tex said excitedly.

"What?" Spike asked defensively, allowing the flames inside his mouth to die out, but not dropping his guard in case he has to do it again.

"I said I'd kill her. You acted on your instincts. You didn't tell me to stop, you just shot your little fire breath at me in an attempt to stop me, even though you know I could take you out in an instant." Tex explained as she dusted herself off. "Guess we'll make you a regular dragon in no time."

"What's going on down here?" Twilight asked, then her eyes widened as she noticed the scorch marks on the stairs. "Spike, was that you?"

"Yeah, but-"

"Why would you do that?" Twilight asked disappointingly.

"I was just-"

"You're lucky I know how to deal with burn marks."

"You know, you should thank him for that." Tex interjected icily.

"Why?"

"Because he did it to save your life."

"Save my life?" Twilight asked, turning to Spike. "What does she mean by that."

"She means that she threatened to kill you and made a move upstairs, so Spike tried to top her from doing it, knowing full well that she could kill him in an instant." Church replied slowly.

"Is this true?"

"Yeah." Spike nodded.

"I apologize for getting upset then. It will come right off anyways, guess I'm just being a little cranky from not having slept." Twilight said, using her magic to grab a sponge and bucket from the kitchen. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." Tex and Spike said together.

"See? All gone." Twilight smiled and stepped away from the stairs, which had no visible markings on them.

Tex rolled her eyes and walked for the front door.

"Where are you going?" Church asked quickly.

"I'm going to see how far my reputation has spread." Tex chuckled as she opened the door. "Any more questions?"

"Remember to keep a low-" Church began, but stopped once he saw that Tex had already left. "-profile. Son of a bitch..."

PreviousChapters Next