• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,258 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,258

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24 - "Everfree"

Grif was awakened by Fluttershy, who was tapping on his shoulder lightly. He grunted and rolled off the couch slowly. Haley jumped down after him and they both stretched. After a couple seconds of Fluttershy staring awkwardly at Grif, he spoke up. "Uh, any reason you woke me up so early?"

"It's not early. It's one in the afternoon..." Fluttershy said quietly.

"What?" Grif said with a chuckle. "That's earlier than I thought it was."

Fluttershy looked at Grif and smiled and he let out a small sigh. "Alright, I'll bite." Grif grunted. "What's up?"

"Pinkie Pie wanted me to stop by her place." Fluttershy said. "So I was wondering if you would be able to, you know, look after some bunnies..."

Grif stared at her silently.

"Is it a lot of work?" Grif asked simply.

"Oh, it's none at all." Fluttershy said happily. "You just have to sit under a tree and make sure they don't run off."

"I guess I could do that." Grif said.

Fluttershy walked out the door to her yard and Grif followed her obediently. He looked out at the half dozen bunnies, running around and playing. He then saw two trees side by side and he sat down with his back on one of them.

"There really aren’t that many of them so they shouldn't give you any trouble at all." Fluttershy said.

"So there really is nothing else to it?" Grif asked after sitting for a couple seconds

"As long as you keep your eye on them, then it’s the easiest thing in the world." Fluttershy said.

"Okay, cool."

Fluttershy gave Grif a quick hug.

"Thank you." Fluttershy said, turning away. "I'll be back soon."

"No problem." Grif said, letting out a slight yawn.

As Fluttershy left the area, Grif gazed lazily at the six bunnies as Haley curled up next to him. He watched them for a couple minutes before his eyes felt heavy. He let them shut, intending to rest his eyes for a couple minutes, but when he opened them he felt a lot more awake. He looked at the sun, which was further down than he remembered. His eyes then snapped open and looked around.

"Fuck." Grif yelled. "Where the hell did they go?"

Grif jumped up and ran around the yard until he saw a couple of bunnies sleeping behind the tree where he was sleeping. Grif let out a wry smile and went to check on the animals. He sighed as he had counted that all five of the bunnies were there. Then he realized that there used to be six.

"I have to go find it, don't I?" Grif asked Haley.

Haley started wagging her tail and barked.

"Hey, you're a dog right? Think you could sniff it out?" Grif asked.

Haley barked and started to sniff the air. She then started walking away from the house. Grif groaned gathered the bunnies into Fluttershy’s home so they would not run away as well. When they were all inside he made his way to Haley, who was sniffing the ground and slowly walking ahead.

"I'm starting to really hate this place." Grif muttered.

Haley’s ears then perked up and she started to run. Grif started to run with her and they soon found their way at an entrance to a large forest.

"You mean it went in there?" Grif asked. "Fuck that shit."

Grif turned around and started to make his way back to his spot. He then stopped and sighed, assuming Fluttershy would be devastated if one of them was gone.

"Son of a bitch. At least I can hope that it didn't go too far." Grif muttered. "But I just know that the world hates me too much to let that be the case."

Grif walked forward with Haley, who was still on the bunny’s trail. Grif then saw something jump into a bush that was in front of him. He smiled and started to walk over to it, but fell flat on his chest as a searing pain shot across his back.

"Fuck, my back." Grif groaned.

Grif got up and looked around. He couldn't see anything but had a feeling something was watching him. He slowly made his way over so he could look in the bush. There was a snap behind him and he spun around quickly. He focused on the spot where he had heard the sound come from. It was hard to make out what it was, but his eyes quickly adjusted and he noticed that it was a wolf. But there was something off about it. It then walked into a spot of sunlight and Grif was able to identify what made it look unnatural.

"Why the fuck is that thing made out of wood?" Grif said shakily to himself.

The bunny then jumped out and started hopping away. The wolf then lost all focus of Grif and started to chase after it. Haley then barked and started to run after the wolf, tail wagging. Grif grudgingly chased after Haley.

"Why the fuck am I doing this?" Grif muttered, not turning back.

Grif made his way through the trees and soon found Haley standing next to a tree, head lowered. He walked up next to her and looked at where she was looking. The bunnies foot was stuck in the ground and it was surrounded by a some wolves. Grif looked at the ground.

"So either I turn back and go to sleep, or I go in and probably die." Grif thought to himself. "Decisions, decisions."

One of the wolves then took a step towards the bunny, but soon found itself launched to the ground by Grif.

"This was a bad idea." Grif said to himself.

Grif ran to the bunny and took it out of the ground and tossed it over the wolves into a bush. Instead of giving chase again, the wolves looked over at Grif, hunger in their eyes. The largest wolf then howled and started to close in on Grif.

"This was a horrible fucking idea." Grif yelled.

PreviousChapters Next