• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,220 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,220

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16 - "Buck Shot"

"You don't have to be so much of a pushover you know." Grif said. "You should try being a bit more... assertive."

"Oh no, I tried that before." Fluttershy said sadly. "I took a class but it turned me into a monster."

"I'm not saying turn into an asshole, I'm just saying say no once or twice..." Grif trailed off, "Say, is that Sarge?"

Sarge, Caboose, Pinkie, Applejack and Big Mac then appeared on the other side of the market.

"We're almost there." Applejack said.

"My legs are tired." Caboose said. "Stop it legs."

"Quit your groaning Caboose." Sarge grunted.

Just then, the stallion that had lost the bet at the eating contest stood in their way.

"Mind moving kid? We're trying to get somewhere." Sarge said.

"You owe me some bits." The stallion said.

"Oh? And who are you?" Sarge laughed.

"My name is not important to you old colt." The stallion said. "Now I suggest you pay your due or this could get really ugly really fast."

"I don't owe you anything, so I suggest you step out of the way." Sarge grunted, glaring at the stallion.

"You threw that competition and you know it." The stallion snarled. "Because of that I lost my money. So, as I said, pay now or I can't be held accountable for what I might do."

"It's not my fault you were an idiot. Besides, we didn't know anypony was actually betting on who would win."

"Yeah... well, you and those other hicks are going to pay me for my loss."

Sarge glared at the stallion and his left eye twitched. "Hey Big Mac? How about we show this kind, young stallion some good old-fashioned Apple family hospitality."

"Eeyup." Big Mac replied with a smile.

Big Mac then walked behind the stallion and hoisted him up, holding him so he couldn't move.

"Hey, what the-" The stallion said, struggling to break free.

"You can say what you want about me, but you made a serious mistake." Sarge said, turning around.

"P-Please... Please don't!" The stallion said. "I'm sorry, I'll leave you alone I swear!"

"That's not going to help you now." Sarge said with a smirk.

Sarge brought his legs back and kicked the stallion in the chest. The kick created a large flash and sent Big Mac and the stallion flying backwards. The force of the blow made a large noise, one that was very close to Sarges heart.

"Sarge that sounded like your shotgun-type thingy!" Caboose said.

"I know, I heard." Sarge laughed, smiling wickedly.

Sarge walked up to Big Mac and helped him up.

"Sorry about that big guy. I guess I don't know my own strength." Sarge said with a laugh.

"My chest! Oh Celestia, my chest!" The stallion moaned, rolling back and forth.

Sarge then turned his attention to the stallion who was on the ground, clutching his chest.

"You going to apologize for that remark son?"

"I'm sorry." The stallion said. "I'm so sorry sir."

"Not to me you idiot." Sarge said, backing up allowing him to see Big Mac and Applejack.

"I'm extremely sorry about calling you hicks. It won't happen again I swear." The stallion groaned, stumbling to get up.

"Glad to see everything is well." Sarge said, turning his gaze to the stallion. "Now get the hell out of my sight before you get Sarge'd again."

The stallion promptly stood up, still clutching his chest, which was now bright red, with one hoof. He looked at Sarge and then started speed walking away.

"Thanks for sticking up for us Sarge." Applejack said.

"Don't mention it. Nobody disrespects any reds. Except me." Sarge finished with a hearty laugh

"That was amazing!" Caboose then looked at Sarge’s side. "Hey Sarge you're getting one of those thingies."

"What are you talking about?" Sarge asked, looking at his flank. “Oh...”

A symbol was starting to appear on his flank. It took a couple seconds, but soon it was clear. It was a red shield, but with a pair of hooves kicking a pony in the chest embedded onto it. Sarge stared at his mark for several seconds and started to smile.

"My true talent is hurting others?" Sarge asked, still grinning. "I had a feeling it would be something amazing. Where's Grif when you need him?"

"Congratulations Sarge." Applejack said, extending her hoof which Sarge met.

"Hey Sarge! We should start calling you Buck Shot!" Caboose said excitedly.

Sarge glanced at Caboose, then back to his cutie mark.

"You know Caboose, that ain't half bad." Sarge said. "S-dog was getting a bit old, I think I'll retire that name."

"Sarge that was pretty fucking awesome." Grif said, walking up to Sarge.

"Grif? What the hell are you doing here? I didn't expect to see you ever again." Sarge said. "I expected you to be sleeping all day for the rest of your life."

"I was just giving Fluttershy a little help."

"I think this is the most work I've ever seen you do. Ever." Sarge said.

Grif shook his head, trying to get his head clear. "Woah, that was weird. Now I need to work on bringing my average back down." Grif yawned. "Hey Fluttershy, mind if I go back to your place to crash?"

"Well, we got the food so we were about to go back anyways." Fluttershy said.

"Great, time to catch some Z's" Grif said with a small laugh. Grif then looked at the tall red stallion. "Who's the big dude?"

"That's Big Mac." Sarge said.

Sarge then turned his side to Grif.

"Hey Grif, look what I got." Sarge said.

"Sarge, no offense but I really don't want to look at your ass." Grif said, shielding his eyes and looking away.

"Not my ass you moron, my mark thing." Sarge grunted.

"Oh, good job Sarge." Grif said, looking closely at it. "What did you get it for- GAHH!" Grif then found himself flying through the air with a heavy pain in his chest. "Ow my chest!" Grif moaned. "What the hell was that for?"

"You asked how I got it." Sarge said, letting out a hearty laugh. "So I showed you."

"Why am I not surprised your special talent is hurting people?" Grif asked, trying to stand up. "Come on Fluttershy, I need to sleep off this pain."

"Oh okay." Fluttershy said, trying to ease some of the burden off of Grif by putting his front leg around her neck.

PreviousChapters Next