• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,279 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,279

PreviousChapters Next
Author's Note

Once the entrance closed, the girls looked around the room. The further wall was lined with shelves that held hundreds of books. On the right side of the room there was a small fireplace with dozens of cabinets around it. On the left side of the room there was half a dozen cots set up, along with a small chest at the foot of each cot.

"Feel free to make yourselves at home." The stallion said before chuckling lightly to himself. "I apologize for the mess, I wasn't expecting guests to drop in."

"There are almost as many books in here than in the royal library." Twilight said as she walked to the bookshelves to examine them.

"I assure you that the royal library has no books like mine." The stallion said, temporarily forgetting about the antidote. "Mine contain spells that are far too powerful to be held in a place with such poor security."

"What kind of spells?"

"I have recorded knowledge of hundreds of runes and how to cast them, as well as thousands of wards that each serve a different purpose. Some are meant for healing, some for self protection. I even have a few wards that gravely alters the body of any who enter. You should be so lucky that I just had the anti-magic ward in the tunnels and not that one."

"Why?" Tucker asked. "I've had my body altered before."

"You have?" The stallion asked curiously.

"I wasn't always a sta- well actually I was always a stallion, just not in the literal sense."

"Ah, you simply transformed. I've seen those before." The stallion nodded before grinning darkly. "But I'm afraid that this ward turns your skin inside out.'

"It must have taken ages to research all those wards." Twilight noted inquisitively.

"I don't see why it would have seeing as I invented each of them." The stallion said with a smile.

Twilight's jaw dropped and she began to grin wildly.

"Something the matter?" The stallion asked nervously.

"Are you Starswirl the Bearded?"

"Starswirl the..." The stallion started, but trailed off and looked at the ground, seemingly thinking very hard. He suddenly burst out with laughter and smiled. "If I were so wise. I have gone by many names, but that one is not one of them. I have met him though, if that counts for anything."

"You've met Starswirl the Bearded?" Twilight asked excitedly. "You have to tell me what he was like! Was he as smart as I think he was?"

"Probably smarter."

"Oh my goodness, this is amazing." Twilight gawked. "Please, tell me more. I'd love to hear more about him."

"In due time." The stallion promised as he made his way to a small wooden cabinet. He opened it and started to look at the potions that were on the inside, looking for the antidote to the timberwolf infection. "It certainly is nice to meet a fellow unicorn with an appreciation for the fine arts of magic that isn't as ancient as me."

"You don't look that ancient." Fluttershy said kindly.

"I thank you for the compliment, but I can assure you that I really am ancient."

"How ancient are we talking?" Tucker asked. "Like star ancient, or Church's sex life ancient?"

Tex struck Tucker on the back of the head, causing him to fall over.

"Son of a bitch." Tucker grunted.

"Let's just say that I knew Celestia since she was a child."

"What? That must have been several thousand years ago! Regular unicorns can't live for that long." Rainbow Dash said slowly, eyes narrowing.

"I assure you I am far from a regular unicorn." The stallion sighed sadly.

"How old are you?" Rarity asked curiously. "If you don't mind me asking, that is."

"I wish I could remember the exact date." The stallion said with a troubled expression, but he chuckled lightly when he brought out a small vial with a yellow mixture inside. "Here we are, one antidote for the fair mare."

"Thanks." Tex grunted as she slowly took the vial out of the stallions hoof. She brought it up to her eyes and began to swirl the vial. "So this is the antidote, huh?"

"Yes."

"So you wouldn't mind drinking from it to show that it isn't really poison?"

"I don't have much of the antidote, so I am not willing to waste any on myself unless I need it. It is either you trust me or you don't, and if you don't I would ask you to give the vial back."

Tex narrowed her eyes and popped the cork out of the vial. She put her muzzle over the mouth and began to sniff the mixture. The scent burned her nose and caused her to gag.

"It does have a potent smell, doesn't it?" The stallion chuckled.

"That's one way to put it." Tex grunted before downing the vial in one swig. She dropped the vial and began to sputter, quickly scraping her tongue with her hooves.

"But the taste is even more potent than the smell. In hindsight, I probably could have mentioned that."

"Do you think?" Tex hissed as she continued scraping her tongue.

"You have to excuse me, it has been several millenia since I have talked to anypony so I tend to be forgetful."

"Wow, several millenialijicallits sitting in old, dusty tunnels by yourself? Don't you ever get bored?" Pinkie asked.

"When you've been alive as long as I have, you lose track of loneliness and boredom." The stallion chuckled as he walked up to one of the bookshelves and began to look through the collection,

"I have an idea!" Pinkie gasped. "How about we throw you a party?"

"Thank you for the offer, but that will not be-" The stallion turned to see balloons tied to every surface, as well as a table that held treats and a bowl of punch in the middle of the room. "-necessary."

He looked up at the ceiling to see a banner that said happy birthday, followed by a name that had been crossed out.

"Sorry, I forgot that I only brought my birthday cannon with me." Pinkie said sadly.

"Do not worry about it." The stallion said, placing a hoof on her shoulder. "After all, it is the though that counts, is it not?"

"Yeah!" Pinkie said as she ran up to the table. "Would you like some punch?"

"I would love some." The stallion said as he turned to the others. "She is quite the friendly sort, isn't she?"

"Pinkie Pie is the friendliest pony I know." Twilight nodded.

"I suppose I should be glad that I'm being hospitable to a fine group of adults such as yourselves." He said as Pinkie ran up to him to give him a plastic cup filled with fruit punch. "Thank you very much. Pinkie, was it?"

"Yup, what's your name?" Pinkie asked.

"Sadly, I do not recall my name."

"You don't?"

The stallion shook his head.

"Well I'm going to call you Long Beard!" Pinkie smiled warmly.

"Long Beard it is." The stallion smiled back.

"So why haven't I heard of these tunnels before?" Twilight asked as she looked around the room.

"Because I never told anypony about them. When others see you as a monster, you don't exactly have many options in real estate on the outer world so you have to set out and create your own home."

"I was going to say you look downright fucking creepy." Tucker chuckled.

"That is not the reason they think of me as a monster. Appearances mean next to nothing compared to the actions I have committed."

"What kind of actions?" Twilight asked, trying to cover up the fact that she was beginning to grow fearful of the unicorn.

"Well you see, I am the writer of a rather important book in Equestria's history."

"That doesn't sound evil to me." Fluttershy said.

"If only you knew..." Long Beard muttered, shaking his head dimly. He slowly looked up to see Twilight staring at him with eyes that seemed to pierce right through him.

"It wasn't any of the books in here, was it?" Twilight asked.

Long Beard shook his head and sighed before putting the vial back into the cupboard.

"What was the book called?" Twilight asked hollowly, knowing in her mind she already knew the answer.

"I don't suppose you've heard of a book called the Necronomicon?"

PreviousChapters Next