• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,224 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,224

PreviousChapters Next
Expressions

"I'm sorry Celestia but I couldn't let you do that to him." Twilight said, the glow of her horn beginning to diminish.

"Did you not listen to what he said?" Celestia asked. "He doubts my power and I am fully prepared to show him his doubts are incorrect."

"But at the cost of what? Condemning him further than he has already placed himself? He just watched someone he knows get murdered by someone that wants to use him to hurt... himself."

"Even then, that is no way to act." Celestia said flatly. "To me, or to anybody else."

"He's overcome with emotions at the moment." Twilight said somberly as she looked over to Caboose. "We all are. But you don't know what he has been through in his life, so please don't hold what he said against him. I don't want to see him get hurt anymore than he already has."

Celestia paused briefly, looking into her student's eyes. She then nodded and turned her attention to Carolina's body. She lowered her horn to Carolina's chest, enshrouding her in a golden mist that caused her to slowly disappear. She then walked over to Caboose and did the same to him.

"I will schedule a ceremony for Caboose as early as I possibly can." Celestia said softly. "And I just wish to apologize. It had not occurred to me how my actions back at the wedding would have affected you."

With a flash Celestia disappeared and the group found themselves alone in the field.

"Shame." Sarge sighed deeply, breaking the silence. "He was a good kid.

"I think we should all go home." Twilight said.

Twilight turned to see Pinkie staring at the outline of Caboose that was in the grass, before making her way next to it and laying down.

"Come on Pinkie."

"H-he's gone..." Pinkie whimpered, eyes still lingering on where Caboose once rested. "Why did she do that to him?"

"I don't know. I think she was just crazy."

"He never ever did anything to her though. Caboose didn't need to get hurt. He was the nicest stallion I've ever met." Pinkie sniffled as her tears began to fall to the ground. "If-if I hadn't said anything... if I hadn't distracted him he would still be here."

"You can't think like that."

"It's my fault." Pinkie yelled, running away from Twilight.

Twilight started to go after Pinkie, but felt something hold her back.

"Ain't no use chasin' after her like that sugarcube. If ya keep pressin' it, it'll just make her feel like she's right." Applejack said softly. Twilight blinked helplessly and let her shoulders sag. "Ah know ya want t' help, but ah think ya should just let her be fer now to let her think and git some rest. Besides, ah think ya need t' talk t' Church."

"Yeah." Twilight said, leaving without saying goodbye.

"C'mon Sarge, we should get ya patched up, looks like you've lost alotta blood." Applejack said, pushing Sarge back to the farm. "Ah think y'all should git goin' too. Ain't gunna feel better if ya just sit around feelin' sorry."

Everypony nodded in agreement as the girls said their goodbyes, both to each other and to Caboose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Church, are you here?" Twilight asked as she opened the door to the library. She looked at the stairs where Spike was sitting, twiddling his claws anxiously. "Spike, is Church here?"

"Yeah, but when I tried to talk to him he just ignored me and went into his room." Spike said as he looked up the stairs. "What happened?"

"I... I'll tell you later, I promise." Twilight said as she quickly went up the stairs. She stopped in front of the door and knocked. "Church are you in there?"

No answer was given. Twilight reached for the knob and turned it to find that the door was locked. She sighed and used her magic to unlock the door. She cracked the door open and saw Church sitting on the edge of the bed, looking out the window while he held a piece of paper.

"Why the hell did you do that?" Church asked calmly, not turning to see Twilight.

"Do what?"

"Put me back here."

"I didn't want you to suffer anymore than you already have." Twilight said, now walking around the bed.

"Pretty stupid of you to do what you did then, isn't it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Twilight I wanted her to do it." Church sighed.

"Why would you want that?"

"So I could have some peace for once in my damned life." Church yelled, kicking over the bed-stand. "Out of everybody I've met, I would have thought you would be able to fucking understand. If she really is as powerful as you say, I figured that if anybody had the power to finally fucking end it, it would be her."

"You wanted her to banish you?"

"I didn't want her to banish me." Church muttered, rubbing his head.

"Then wha-" Twilight began but let out a small gasp when she realized what he’d meant. "You wanted her to kill you?"

Church didn't answer, but instead looked out the window.

"I know you've been through a lot, but... why?"

"I ask myself the same question. Why? Why does bad shit always have to happen to me? Why can't something ever just go right?" Church asked, looking at the ground. "Why did he do it?"

"He did it to save you."

"But I can't die." Church snapped. "He knew that, so why the fuck did he do it?"

"There is no use worrying about it, you can't change the past, no matter how hard you try."

"Still." Church shook his head. He laid on the bed and looked at the ceiling. "I'm surprised that Celestia hasn't come for me again yet. I assume you had something to do with that?"

"Yes, I told her that you were just confused, that you didn't know what you were saying."

"I'm not going to apologize to her, so don't you even think about asking me to."

"I wasn't going to." Twilight said, allowing herself to display a sad smile. "Celestia is going to put together a ceremony for Caboose. I think you should go."

"Yeah, I'll go." Church grumbled. "Even if she's going to be there."

"That's all I needed to hear." Twilight said, giving Church a supportive hug. "And thank you."

"For what?" Church asked, surprised.

"For defending me like that."

"Don't mention it, she fucking deserved it for the way she treated you."

"It really does mean a lot to me." Twilight said, walking out the door. "And remember, I'm always here if you need anypony to talk to."

"Yeah." Church said, lifting up the piece of paper which had a poorly drawn picture on it.

It was a picture of two crudely drawn stick horses, one being blue and the other being light blue.

PreviousChapters Next