• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,279 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,279

PreviousChapters Next
Tag Team

"So what are you doing at the town hall? Going to see Neighoming?" Derpy asked after a minute of leading O'Malley.

"I suppose, just keep quiet and bring me there." O'Malley muttered, staring ahead.

"He's a weird one, but I guess he's nice. His jokes are a little corny though, but at least he's trying or something, right?"

O'Malley would have remained silent had it not been for an annoyed groan he let out for having to be stuck with this pony. O'Malley glanced to his right and saw a familiar cerulean pegasus darting through the sky. O'Malley groaned and picked up his pace, passing Derpy in a hurry, not risking the chance of being spotted.

"Why are you going so fast?" Derpy asked as O'Malley darted ahead.

"Just going for a nice jog, no reason to worry. Now do you mind using your legs for their intended use?" O'Malley asked loudly, but turned his head and kept trotting forward. Before I break your legs and feed them to you. Muahaha.b

"Well if you're really short on time..." Derpy said quietly.

O'Malley began to turn around to ask what she said, then he felt something grab onto him. He then realized that even though he stopped moving his legs, he actually began going faster. And the ground began going smaller. O'Malley glanced up and saw Derpy staring ahead, determination in her eyes, tongue out of the side of her mouth.

"What are you doing?" O'Malley yelled in confusion. "Put me down this instant."

"Didn't you want to get there fast?" Derpy asked staring down.

"Yes but I wanted to get there in one piece!" O'Malley snapped when he saw a small, wooden stand dead ahead. "Watch where you're going!"

"Sorry." Derpy said, barely dodging past the stand. "Don't worry, we just need to cut through the market district and I'll have you there in no time!"

"Do you promise?" O'Malley asked sarcastically.

"I swear on my badge." Derpy said, putting one hoof over her heart, and using her other to salute. She soon realized she had let him go, then grabbed him out of the air before he hit the ground. "Sorry again!"

"Who would give you a badge?" O'Malley asked.

"I made it myself." Derpy smiled.

"You have got to be kidding me."

Derpy shook her head,, reaching under her hat with her left wing, making them fly in clockwise circles for a few seconds. She lowered the badge and held it in front of O'Malley. It was a small, circular pin with a picture of a poor;y made muffin on it, as well as the acronym 'MR'. Derpy placed the pin back under her hat and continued using both wings to fly, setting her back on the right path. O'Malley's stomach was now in a knot. Both from the way the flight was going, and how disgustingly happy she seemed to be.

"Did you see it?" Derpy asked as she barely dodged yet another stand.

"Unfortunately, yes." O'Malley muttered sickly.

"Glad you like it!" Derpy said, staring down at him with a large grin.

"What?" O'Malley asked with a rough laugh. "I never said I-"

"Watch out!" A voice yelled out.

Those were the last words O'Malley heard before he crashed into one of the larger market stalls. O'Malley laid in the wood and debris for several seconds, simply staring at the sky. He knew something like this would happen, and his hatred for the annoying gray mare continued growing, much to his liking.

"Sorrysorrysorrysorry." Derpy said quickly and sadly as she helped O'Malley off the ground. She was saying it both to O'Malley, and the pink mare that owned the small shop.

"Just forget it." The Pink mare groaned as she began slotting the pieces back together. "I should have my shop back up soon, don't worry."

"Don't worry? Don't worry she said!" O'Malley scoffed, glaring at Derpy. "How can she not worry? She nearly killed... well, never mind that. She could have hurt me!"

"Yeah, that's something we've all come to accept. Most of the shops here have invested in easily dismantled stands. Makes our lives easier." The mare sighed, looking at O'Malley who was now running away. "Where's he going?"

"Bleep, wait up!" Derpy yelped, darting after him. Thanks to her wings she quickly caught up with O'Malley, but this time she didn't pick him up. "Where are you running off to?"

"I do not wish to interact with any fools I don't have to." O'Malley said simply as he continued ahead.

"But they're nice..."

"Is this the right way to town hall?" O'Malley asked.

"Yeah, but-"

"Good to know." O'Malley said, now pressing himself to run further and faster. "As bad as you were, thank you for being my guide. Now can you please leave me alone?"

"I don't know, I think I should come with you still." Derpy said, smiling brightly at him.

"Do you like games?" O'Malley asked as he came to a screeching halt.

"I love games!" Derpy nodded vigorously.

"Good, then how about tag? I'll be a sport about it and be it this round." O'Malley said, forcing a weak laugh.

"Okay, but no cheating."

"I wouldn't dream of it."

"Okay, go!" Derpy yelled, darting the opposite direction.

"Good thing she's as stupid as she looks." O'Malley chuckled, heading towards town hall, but at a much slower pace.

Within a few minutes O'Malley saw town hall and sped himself up a tiny bit, no longer wishing to be in the open. O'Malley pushed the door open without knocking to see Gary sitting at a desk, wearing small reading glasses. his forelegs were crossed on the table and he was smiling at O'Malley as if he was expecting him.

"Where's the Mayor?" O'Malley asked hesitantly.

"Out of town on business." Gary said, smile unwavering. He motioned towards a seat in front of his desk.

"I'll stand." O'Malley sniffed, but walked next to the chair. "Who knows how many fools sat on that chair."

"Shisnos are a dirty breed." Gary agreed. "How may I help you on this fine day? I don't suppose you've reconsidered joining me."

"I don't give a damn about your plan, I demand you give me a job suitable for a fragmented, artificial-intelligence turned pony of my stature!"

"And why would I want to do that?" Gary asked curiously.

"It's horrible here, and as much as I hate you, I hate everyone else a smidgen more." O'Malley shuddered. He glanced out the window and adorned a harsh glare when his eyes found a pair of mares, walking with each other, talking happily. "At least you, like me, detest these simpletons. I'm not saying we have to work together, I'm simply requesting that you accept it would be slightly less unbearable having to listen to these fools without someone you can trust slightly."

"You always did have a way with words." Gary muttered. "Tell me, why shouldn't I just turn you into that godforsaken shisno, Sarge?"

"You wouldn't." O'Malley hissed in anger.

"Oh? And why not?" Gary retorted. "Since you're not accepting my offer you're of no use to me. These shisnos seem to appreciate each other, but they're having a difficult time trusting us. If I did turn you in their trust in me would grow."

"Liar! You and I both know that they wouldn't because they know that we're driven by our main aspects and they think that means there is something wrong with us." O'Malley groaned, then kicked a chair over. "Well I say something is wrong with them!"

"Which is why I need you to join me. Together we could rule these shisnos with no problems." Gary said, extending his hoof over the table to O'Malley.

"Why don't you wait for Sigma?" O'Malley huffed.

"Why would I do that?" Gary sighed, placing his hoof back on the ground. "Sigma will have too much attention drawn on him. Possibly more so than both of us combined. His history is more dangerous than ours."

"I find that offensive."

"You understand what I mean. You can hurt them, and I can lie to them, but Sigma can break the shisnos. Their will, their mind, their spirit. He gets in their head without literally getting in their head."

"But what about when I helped you with Alpha?"

"Both of us had to work together then to break him down, but Sigma could have done it on his own. He's probably still sore at us for separating him now that I think about it." Gary shook his head. "But that's exactly what I mean. You helped me. Just like I'm inviting you to help me once again."

"But I demand to be in charge!"

"We both know how your plans work when you're in charge." Gary chuckled, but moaned when O'Malley began walking towards him, flexing himself. "Please, you won't do anything."

"Won't I?" O'Malley asked, throwing the desk off to the side. He threw himself at Gary's hooves and hugged his right foreleg. "Please give me a job. I don't want to have to work with anyone!"

"Fine, if that's what you need. I think they'll be suspicious of us though."

"They'll always be suspicious of us." O'Malley said seriously.

"Good point. That's the sort of thing we should come to accept. Being not trusted is something all politicians learn." Gary noted, extending his hoof again, but this time O'Malley shook it. Gary smiled warmly. "Welcome to the town hall."

PreviousChapters Next