• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,280 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,280

PreviousChapters Next
Reminder

The next day.

"Church?" Twilight called, knocking on the door to his room. "Are you awake?"

"Yeah, come in." Church grunted as he watched the rain outside his window.

Twilight opened the door and stared silently at Church, who didn't move from his spot.

"Something wrong?" Church asked.

"Celestia contacted me to tell you that the ceremony has been planned for today."

"This soon?" Church saw Twilight’s reflection nod as he looked to the mirror on the wall. "Who else is going?"

"Just the others." Twilight said, not moving out of the doorway.

"And Celestia?"

Another nod.

"Alright, just..." Church sighed.

"Take all the time you need." Twilight finished, leaving and closing the door behind her.

Church came out of the room a few moments later to see Spike sitting on Twilight's back.

"Hey Church. Sorry to hear about Caboose." Spike said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck nervously as he tried to find some way to comfort him.

Church nodded in response, but remained silent.

"The others should be there by now." Twilight said.

They made their way through the rain, eventually coming to a large building, where there were two royal guards present in the rain.

"She would be the one to leave the people that work for her out in the rain."

"They volunteered to be out here Church. She isn't as bad as you make her out to be."

"I bet." Church muttered as the door swung open, revealing Celestia who stood by sadly.

"I'm happy that you all could make it." Celestia said.

Church simply walked past her, not even acknowledging her presence. Church looked around the building and saw a long carpet that led up to a podium in front of an altar, where there was a bouquet and a candle.

"Where's Pinkie?" Church asked curiously.

"She wasn't home when Celestia sent the message."

"How do you think she's handling it?"

"Not well. I've never seen Pinkie like this before, but trying to talk to her might do more damage than anything else. This sort of thing isn't a common occurrence here."

"Seems to be a common occurrence around me though..."

A gray pony came out of the building near them and made his way up to the podium and coughed. Church retreated into his thoughts as the pony began to give a formal eulogy, remembering all that had happened to him in the past. He snapped to attention when Twilight tapped on his shoulder lightly.

"Would anypony like to say any words?" The pony asked, looking over the small group.

"Yeah." Church said.

Church walked up to the small podium and looked at the faces of everybody present. Each of the girl’s faces were adorned with a sad look, while the guys simply stared at Church.

"Yesterday I realized I always took Caboose for granted. Out of all the shit that has happened in my life, he has been the only consistent part of it. As annoying as he was, he was always there no matter what happened, whenever I needed it. But I was too stupid to notice. And now that he's gone, I'll never get to tell him that I appreciated having him around." Church said, nodding at the bouquet that was placed next to a candle. "I'll remember you buddy."

"Church..." Twilight whispered after a few seconds of watching Church stare at the altar.

"Yeah?" Church asked, turning to see Twilight staring at him.

Church looked to his side and saw a small image appear on his flank. It was a key.

"Fuck this." Church muttered angrily, trotting out of the hall.

Twilight began to walk after him, looking back at Applejack as she did so. Applejack gave her a sad nod as Twilight turned and began to walk after Church, who was now standing in the rain, looking at the sky.

"Church-"

"I don't want to hear it." Church muttered dryly.

"Church I know what you're feeling, but do you think tha-"

"I'm sorry, did you just say you know what I'm feeling?" Church yelled, hitting the ground with his hoof. "You have no fucking idea what I'm feeling."

"You're right Church, I don't understand exactly what you're feeling. But I still want to help."

"Help? Help?" Church laughed roughly. "How the hell do you expect to help a lost cause?"

"You're not a lost cause."

"My best friend died to save me, and I never even took the time to tell him that. What kind of friend does that make me?"

"That doesn't make you a lost cause."

"What about the fact that I am forced to love somebody that does not and, for all I know, cannot love me." Church snarled. "Do you know what that feels like?"

Twilight said nothing, looking at the puddle that was forming by Church's hooves.

"And now look at this. Look at it!" Church snarled, causing Twilight to flinch. "Do you know what the fuck this is?"

"It's a key." Twilight said sadly.

"That's right, a fucking key. Memory is the key. Do you know what that tells me?" Church asked, but received no reply. "It tells me that I'm nothing but a shadow of my former self. I can never be complete. Nothing will ever go right for me. I'll always be forced to remember all the things I've ever done wrong and I can never forget them. So please, tell me how the fuck you think I'm feeling right now."

Twilight stared silently at Church, who was now watching the drops of rain hit the ground. She slowly made her way to his side and lifted his chin with her magic. Church yanked his head away and began to look at his reflection in a puddle.

"Because I sure as hell don't know..."

"That's just it Church. You don't understand how you're supposed to feel. You can't understand. Too much has happened to you that has hurt you in different ways, and with no one to put blame on, you shift that blame on to yourself. But I want to change that. I want to be there for you and help you when you need it most."

"Just go away." Church muttered, pushing Twilight away. "You can't help me."

"You can't handle this on your own, and you know that." Twilight stated. "It's just life Church, you have to take the good with the bad, even if the bad seems to be the only thing coming."

"But the bad is the only thing coming my way, I've all but lost hope for anything good."

"If you had lost hope for yourself you wouldn't be talking to me and you know it."

"Maybe." Church sighed, looking into the puddle.

"You can change Church, you just can't do it alone." Twilight said, hugging Church. "And you definitely have to try."

"I'll try." Church sighed, unconvinced.

"That's all I was hoping for." Twilight said as she tried to smile encouragingly.

PreviousChapters Next