• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,280 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,280

PreviousChapters Next
Dinner Plans

Fluttershy looked around the area at all the patrons of the restaurant while Rainbow Dash, Tucker and Grif continued talking about things that did not interest her. Occasionally they'd ask her a question, but she would only ever respond with a nod. Eventually she turned her attention back to the conversation when she felt it was nearing an end.

"The market was always the best place for a nap." Rainbow Dash snickered after Grif had told her he preferred it there.

"I know right? If I knew it smelled so good there, I would have started coming to town more often."

"Yeah, that's usually because the Cakes cook all day."

"So that was that smell." Grif laughed.

"If you tell Pinkie that you nap there she'll probably try to sneak out a few treats for you."

"Really? That sounds awesome." Grif chuckled, thinking about making the market his designated nap area. "Wait, is she allowed to do that?"

"The Cakes always make too much in case there is ever a really busy day. They think it's better to be over prepared than under prepared, so they usually end up throwing away some of it at the end."

"That sucks. But yeah, I'll definitely ask her if she can bring me something to munch on while I sleep." Grif nodded, turning to Tucker. "So have you had any cupcakes recently?"

"Fuck you." Tucker grinned sickly.

"That's too bad. I went back there when we brought Caboose back, and those cupcakes were fucking delicious. When I had that first one I suddenly felt like I could eat a horse."

"Hey Tex." Tucker nodded behind Grif.

"Where?" Grif yelped, ducking under the table. "She said we would try to stay out of each others way, so why is she he- she's not here, is she?"

"Nope." Tucker chuckled, grabbing a slice of the pizza.

"So what are you guys doing here?" Rainbow Dash asked quietly, sitting back in the chair as she ate a slice of the pizza while Grif got back up to his chair. "I thought Fluttershy didn't like eating in public."

"N-no, I don't mind it. It's usually just on special occasions." Fluttershy said sheepishly, picking at the piece of pizza in front of her.

"Uh-huh. Well what's the special occasion then?"

"I don't know." Fluttershy said as she nibbled on her slice. "I just felt like mixing it up a little, I guess."

"Hey, maybe we should round up the others and go somewhere together." Tucker said as he finished his slice.

"Why?" Grif asked.

"Well we don't really need a reason to eat."

"We could celebrate Tex getting her cutie mark and trying to fit in..." Fluttershy suggested.

"Fuck that, we're having a ceasefire right now!" Grif said hastily. "I think I shouldn't be anywhere near her since the smallest thing will make her go off on me."

"She might be more open to being nice to you if you did this though." Fluttershy said quietly.

"You would think so." Grif smirked to himself.

"Just try not to say things that'll piss her off." Tucker said helpfully.

"You're one to talk." Rainbow Dash snorted.

"Yeah, well... yeah."

"Fine, but if she kills me I'll be pissed." Grif sighed.

"Of course you will." Tucker nodded, turning to look at the clock that rested on top of the door to the restaurant. "Holy shit, it's almost five! Did we really talk about napping on clouds for four and a half hours?"

"It's an interesting subject." Grif smiled.

"True enough." Tucker laughed.

"Where are we going to eat?" Fluttershy asked hesitantly. "I don't think there are any places that have enough room for over a dozen ponies."

"We can decide on that once we have everypony." Rainbow Dash shrugged. "Tucker and I can go grab Pinkie, Twi, Caboose, Church and Tex."

"Does that mean I have to get Sarge?" Grif asked, clearly not liking the idea.

"At least you don't have to get Tex." Tucker said smartly.

"Good point. Where are we going to meet?"

"Hold up, we should probably run this by Tex first before we go and set all this up."

"Actually, I think we'd have a better time celebrating Tex if she wasn't there..."

"Yeah, but then we wouldn't get to see you squirm in fear." Tucker chuckled morbidly.

"You're a dick." Grif said as he shook his head.

"It's almost time to feed Angel and the other animals, so I think we should get going." Fluttershy said, hopping off her chair.

"That's our cue." Rainbow Dash said, nodding to Tucker to leave. "Thanks for the pizza. I never realize how hungry I am until I start eating."

"Yeah, but you owe me a few slices now, and trust me, I never forget about favors relating to food." Grif smiled, throwing a few bits onto the table. He the checked his bag of bits and threw a few more on top of the others.

"Fair enough." Rainbow Dash chuckled, tapping on Tucker's back. "You're it."

Rainbow Dash quickly began flying towards the library, leaving Tucker with Grif and Fluttershy.

"So much for being tired." Tucker moaned, giving a curt nod to the pair before flying off after Rainbow Dash.

The waiter shuffled towards the table and gave Grif a wide smile when he saw the generous tip.

"Thanks for the grub." Grif nodded.

"Not at all." The waiter smiled, grabbing the bits to place on a tray. "Be sure to come back soon."

"We will." Grif laughed, turning towards Fluttershy, who continued sitting silently. "Guess that's our cue to leave."

"Yes, it is." Fluttershy said happily, glad to be finally leaving.

Grif and Fluttershy quickly set off to Fluttershy's cottage, both content with their meal. Once they were out of Ponyville, Fluttershy let out a sigh with relief.

"You okay?" Grif asked.

"Yes, why?"

"I dunno, it's just that you told Dash that you didn't mind eating in public, when you told me that you did."

"I told the truth. I don't mind eating in public when it's a special occasion." Fluttershy smiled.

"And you didn't tell her what that was."

"It was a nice day, so why not have lunch with a friend, right?" Fluttershy asked him.

"Fair enough." Grif smiled.

They soon arrived at Fluttershy's cottage and she quickly unlocked the door and looked back at Grif.

"Going to go inside?" Grif asked jokingly.

"Yes, sorry." Fluttershy said quietly, trotting inside.

"Strange pony." Grif chuckled as he walked inside after her. Haley barked and quickly ran towards Grif, wagging her tail. "I know, I'm surprised I'm alive too."

"It won't take long to feed them, so I wouldn't recommend falling asleep since you'll just have to wake up in a few minutes anyways." Fluttershy said as she began walking into the kitchen.

"You've clearly never heard of a power nap." Grif laughed as he hopped on the couch.

"What's a power nap?" Fluttershy asked, but turned to Grif only to see him snoring lightly. She smiled and shook her head as she walked into the kitchen. "Strange stallion."

Angel quickly came in through the small doggie door and gave Fluttershy a serious look, tapping his right foreleg with his paw.

"I know I'm late, I'm sorry. Grif was just talking with Rainbow Dash and Tucker and I didn't want to be rude."

Angel rolled his eyes, but quickly smiled to show her that he didn't mind.

"Thank you for understanding." Fluttershy said happily, opening the fridge to grab a head of lettuce. She tore off some of the leaves and placed them on a plate, before putting it on the floor.

Angel hopped up to the plate to grab the largest of the leaves, and he quickly began eating it. A few other animals came in through the doggie door, while Haley came in from the living room, and she quickly gave them their designated food. Once she was done feeding them, and all the animals had left to go back outside, she went into the living room and walked up to the couch to wake Grif up.

"Took you long enough." Grif said when she saw him, opening his eyes before Fluttershy had said or done anything. He jumped off the couch and made his way to the door, where he opened it and smiled briefly, before frowning heavily.

"What's wrong?"

"I just realized that we're going to talk to Sarge." Grif muttered.

PreviousChapters Next