• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,260 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,260

PreviousChapters Next
Froggy Bottom Bog

"Church! Do you remember the bear?" Caboose asked excitedly as they slowly walked down the mountain.

''Yes Caboose, I remember the bear." Church groaned as he rubbed the side of his head.

"Do you remember how I wanted to hug it?"

"Yes Caboose..."

"And then I walked up to it but then you used your thingy and I went woosh!"

"I know that looked like fun!" Derpy laughed. "Ooh Church, can you throw me in to the air?"

"You want me... to throw you?" Church asked.

"Yeah it looks like fun!"

"You're kidding, right?"

"Nope!"

Church looked over to Twilight who nodded hesitantly.

"I could end up hurting you..."

"Geez, you really are a worrywart."

"Fine, you asked for it." Church muttered.

Derpy got surrounded by a shimmering blue mist and suddenly propelled upwards. At the height of the launch, Derpy opened her wings and started to slowly glide throughout the sky.

"I wish I could fly." Caboose said sadly.

"I can help with that!" Derpy said, swooping down and grabbing Caboose.

"This is amazing!" Caboose yelled as Derpy flew him through the air.

"I want to do that too!" Pinkie yelled.

"Hang on." Derpy said as she swooped down, allowing Caboose to grab Pinkie.

"Wee!" The trio cheered as they slowly drifted through the sky.

"She's pretty strong." Church noted.

"I'm holding them steady with my magic. I don't want to see them get hurt." Twilight said.

"Right." Church sighed.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk?"

"Do you keep asking because you're concerned and you want to help, or just because you want to see how I tick?"

"Well I would be lying if I didn't say I was interested in both."

"I think I'm good for now." Church sighed as he watched the three of them slowly approach the ground. "It's just good to know that somebody is concerned with my well being."

"That was so amazing! Church did you see me?" Caboose asked as Derpy dropped Caboose and Pinkie on the ground.

"Yeah, I did."

"Are you still sad about the bear thing?" Derpy asked.

"No I'm not sad about the bear thing..."

"Aw Church I know what'll cheer you up." Derpy said happily.

"Why is it that every time one of you says that, something bad always happens to-" Church began but looked down to see that he was no longer on the ground. He looked up to see Derpy lifting him into the air. "What are you doing? Let me go!"

"But if I let go you will fall. Besides I think you will like the air, it's all like big and stuff!"

"Just make it quick." Church murmured.

"Okay."

Derpy slowly glided through the air, allowing Church to see a beautiful view of Ponyville and the surrounding area. Suddenly Church started hurtling downwards and he looked up to see Derpy still gliding around with ease, though she was no longer holding on to him.

"This is going to suck." Church groaned as he saw the ground quickly approaching.

"Whoopsy." Derpy giggled. She caught up to him before pulling up from the fall to land firmly on the ground. "Didja like it?"

"The view was pretty good, so aside from the fall, sure."

"Well we're near the bottom and Froggy Bottom Bog isn't too far from here." Pinkie said.

The group stopped talking as they continued towards the bog at a slow pace. Once they approached the entrance to the bog, Pinkie sat under a tree and took off her saddlebags.

"Time for a break?" Twilight asked.

"Yup!"

"Great." Church said as he rubbed his head. "I think I might have a concussion."

"Oh, I know something that's good for those." Pinkie said as she reached in her mane.

"Why am I suddenly worried."

"Because you're always worried silly." Pinkie giggled as she took a glass out of her mane and held it out to Church.

"Now you're getting to know me." Church chuckled as he looked into the glass. "What is it?"

"It's just some medicine."

"That you kept in your hair..."

"Don't worry, my mane is just fine." Pinkie said as she played with her mane. "See? I didn't get any of it in there."

"Oh that's good news." Church said sarcastically as he continued looking at the concoction. "Where did you get it?"

"Zecora made it for me! I have lots of potions and stuff so I'm ready for almost everything. Now drink up, we don't want you to start feeling bad."

"Something tells me if I drink this I will start feeling bad." Church said quietly to Twilight.

Church shrugged and chugged the entirety of the glass and shivered violently.

"This tastes horrible!" Church sputtered as he rubbed his tongue in an attempt to rid it of the taste.

"Here eat this!" Caboose said, handing Church a cupcake.

Church snagged the cupcake and started to chew violently until the taste of the medicine had all but disappeared.

"Hey... where’s Gummy?" Pinkie asked.

"I let him on the ground because he wanted to go for a swim." Caboose said.

"Oh, okay. As long as we didn't forget him up there." Pinkie said as she jumped to her feet. "Well, that's enough of a break, let's go!"

"That was barely a minute." Church complained.

"Let's go, they're not going to wait up for us." Twilight said as she helped Church to his hooves.

Church nodded and the pair quickly caught up with the others who were looking at the trees, trying to find some cocoa beans.

"I still can't believe we're doing this for a muffin." Church said as he watched Derpy fly into the leaves of a tree.

"Muffcake." Pinkie corrected.

"Sorry. I meant I still can't believe we're doing this for a muffcake."

"At least there are no bears here." Twilight said.

"I know I miss him too, but now I have my frog friends to keep me company." Caboose said, a dozen frogs sitting on his head.

"They're probably poisonous." Church said, amused and worried at the same time.

"None of the frogs in here are poisonous, so there is no reason to worry."

"Maybe you're right. Maybe I am worrying over nothing."

A sudden, loud roar echoed through the bog with the sound of trees snapping coming from nearby.

"I thought you said there were only frogs in here." Church said shakily.

"Oh, didn't I mention the hydras?" Pinkie asked as she tapped her chin. "I could have sworn I said something about them."

"What is a hydra?" Caboose asked as the frogs on his head jumped into the murky water next to him.

A tree flew by the group and slammed into a large boulder, shattering the tree to pieces. They all turned around to see a hydra glaring at them with its five heads.

"That's a hydra." Twilight said nervously.

"I wonder if he'll be my friend."

PreviousChapters Next