• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,277 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,277

PreviousChapters Next
Gym

Fluttershy emerged from her house a few minutes later holding an ice pack in her mouth. She rushed over to Grif's side and placed it lightly over his eye.

"Thanks." Grif said quietly as he held the pack in place on his eye.

"So you just have to keep that on your eye for the next week." Twilight said as she closed the door behind her.

"A whole week?" Grif muttered. "Do you have any duct tape or glue that way I don't have to hold it?"

"All you do is lay down all day so why would you need any of that stuff?" Church asked.

"Hey you're right!" Grif laughed. "God it's good to be me."

"How can you say that when you look like that?"

"It's easy when I have an awesome friend to hang out with, isn't that right Fluttershy?"

Church looked at Fluttershy who had her hair covering her face as she blushed deeply and nodded.

"Don't mind her, she's just being modest." Grif said. "She's really fun to hang out with."

"You think I'm fun to hang out with?" Fluttershy asked happily.

"Yeah. I tried getting Simmons to relax once and I swear he started taking notes when I was explaining it to him. But not you, you just went straight to relaxing and that takes talent."

"I suppose we'll be getting out of your hair for now, if you start to feel a lot of pain do not hesitate to come and see me." Twilight said with a smile.

"Alright, thanks. I guess." Grif nodded as he got up and started to slowly make his way inside. "Come on Fluttershy, I'll let you in on my little trade secret on how to work negative days."

"Okay." Fluttershy said quietly as she followed Grif into the house.

Twilight turned to Church who was watching the sun disappear over the horizon. He let out a deep sigh and started the walk back to the library.

"Are you okay Church?" Twilight asked.

"You're asking a guy who was forced to go crazy if he's okay." Church chuckled dryly. "But yeah I am, why?"

"I don't know you just seem... distant."

"How so?"

"Ever since you saw Tex again you seem to just drift off."

"Do you mind doing me a favor?"

"Sure."

"Stop talking about it." Church said.

"I just want to help." Twilight said softly.

"You can't help that which can't be helped." Church muttered before adding a bleak smile. "Why the sudden interest in the way we think?"

"I just find you fascinating that's all." Twilight said idly.

"You find me fascinating?" Church said.

"Er, that is, I just meant-"

Church let out a small laugh which caught Twilight by surprise.

"What's so funny?" Twilight asked.

"Just seeing you get so tongue tied after I asked you a simple question. I just mean how do you find me fascinating. Is it because I'm from outside the unit?"

"Partially." Twilight admitted with a smile. "Also how you make yourself out to be weak when you can take all of this in stride."

"I have to keep it in stride. If I didn't my mind would be filled with madness." Church sighed deeply. "Well, I guess it already is, but at least it isn't what's controlling me."

"That's one way to look at it I suppose." Twilight nodded. "How about we go grab something to eat? My treat."

"Sure. I never realize I'm hungry until someone brings it up."

"It's because you focus too much on one thing and forget about every other detail."

"That happen to you a lot?" Church asked.

"More than it should." Twilight giggled. "Let's go so we can get back before it gets too dark."

Tucker and Rainbow Dash arrived at Cloudsdale and settled on the clouds before quickly looking around.

"Alright so where are we going to get started?" Tucker asked.

"Well I guess we should find who started the rumors and tell them to stop."

"The other guys should be able to help us."

"How, the only other one of them that can fly is Grif and he seems like the lazy guy."

"No not those guys. I mean Hoops, Score and Dumb-Bell."

"You want to get those rejects to help? They're probably jumping at the chance to ruin me."

"Yeah they didn't sound like they liked you very much." Tucker said with a bleak smile. "What the hell happened between you guys anyways? They seem to be alright guys..."

"They're just... I'll tell you later." Rainbow Dash grunted. After a few seconds she thought through her options and sighed. "Alright, let's go. But you do the talking."

"You want me to do the talking? What was that stuff about me making it worse?"

"If I talk to them I know they'll go out of their way just to annoy me."

"Okay but I still may be a bit fuzzy after you put me in a coma."

"Sorry about that by the way, I didn't mean to hit you that hard."

"Whatever, I'm used to my team knocking me unconscious. Where do you think they are."

"They're probably still in the gym."

"Does that place ever close?"

"Yeah but employees can still go to the gym after hours to stay in shape."

Tucker nodded and they made their way to the weather building which they quickly entered.

"Hey Tucker, you here to work on your muscles?" Hoops said as Tucker entered the gym.

"Not exactly." Tucker said as Rainbow Dash walked through the doors and stood next to him.

"What's she doing here?" Score asked. "Shouldn't you two be, y'know."

"No, that's why we're here." Tucker said.

"Sorry we're not interested in any group-"

"You wish." Rainbow Dash snarled.

"Listen guys I'm going to need a favor."

"Depend what that favor is." Hoops said as he threw a basketball through a hoop.

"Who told you guys that I'm sleeping with Dash?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Well we're not actually sleeping sleeping together, we're just, well, sleeping together."

"Mind running that by us again?" Score asked.

"We're not fucking, she just has nowhere else for me to sleep. We're trying to find out how this rumor started so we can try and fix this."

"Well, I'm not too keen on helping Crash but... what do you guys think?"

"He's cool." Dumb-Bell nodded.

"It was Cloud Chaser." Hoops said.

"Cool. Do you know where she is now?" Tucker asked.

"Probably at the Mile." Score shrugged.

"What's that?"

"It's Cloudsdale's nightclub." Rainbow Dash said quietly as she walked out the door. "Come on let's go."

"This place has a club?" Tucker asked with a smile as he caught up with Rainbow Dash. "Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"We're not going to be staying there for long. We go in, talk to Cloud Chaser, then get out."

"But-" Rainbow Dash turned to Tucker with narrowed eyes.

"Killjoy." Tucker muttered.

PreviousChapters Next