• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,263 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,263

PreviousChapters Next
Dearly Departed

When Rainbow Dash back to her house, she flew straight up to her room, slamming the door after her.

"Why on earth did I think that I liked him?" Rainbow Dash asked herself as she threw her letter onto the bed.

She sat on her bed and looked out the window at the rising moon, her mind racing at what had transpired. After a few minutes she let out a sad sigh and laid down in an attempt to ease her tired mind. She suddenly sat straight up and looked at the foot of her bed. She hadn’t realized how much she’d already gotten used to having Tucker there with her, and it left her restless. She quickly crawled to the other side of the bed and snatched up the envelope and opened it and quickly read through it, trying to take her mind off the events of that afternoon once again. She tossed the envelope and letter on her bedside table in disgust, and looked out the window, images of the Wonderbolts performing spectacular stunts flying across her vision. Rainbow Dash couldn’t take it anymore. She flew out, locking the door behind her, before flying off to Cloudsdale.

A couple minutes later Tucker arrived at her place. He peered in through one of the first-floor windows. "Dash you up there?" Tucker flew up to the door and sighed as he tried to open it. "Come down and open the damn door."

Tucker stared up at the second story window for a few seconds, then started banging on the door. "I know you're in there. Can I just talk to you for a minute?" Tucker pleaded.

Tucker received no answer so he scowled and glared back up at the window. "I'm coming in whether you want me to or not." Tucker said.

"One." Still no answer. Tucker sighed once again and shook his forelegs

"Two..." Tucker said, bringing his hoof back. Rainbow Dash still gave no answer and Tucker shook his head as he reared up on his hind legs.

"Three. Alright, I warned you." Tucker threw his front hooves into the door, knocking it straight off of its hinges. He immediately flew into the main room, scanning it quickly. Tucker then faced towards the stairs and sighed.

"Come on, I'm not good at this apologizing stuff and you're not making it any easier!" Tucker called out.

Rainbow Dash remained silent, so Tucker ran straight up to the bedroom and gave the door a quick knock. After a few seconds he pulled the door open and saw that the room was empty. "Are you in here?" Tucker asked. He grunted and sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed his face with a light groan. He looked on the bedside table and saw a ripped envelope with a piece of paper under it. He snapped it up and read it quickly under his breath.

“Congratulations on your invitation to the Wonderbolts. You have been given this letter for demonstrating a great aptitude and passion for flying. If you would like to join us for a practice session, we are at our training facility daily from dawn until midday. You can use this letter as a guaranteed pass to enter the training center, as we do not guarantee recognition of every new face. We hope to see you soon.

Happy Flying,
Spitfire
Captain of the Wonderbolts”

He threw the piece of paper back on to the bedside table and kicked it over.

"Son of a bitch." Tucker muttered.

Tucker laid down on the bed. He stared at the ceiling for an hour, thinking of what he should do. An idea popped into his head and he got off the bed, snagging the letter off the ground and quickly read through it again. Tucker’s lips spread into a smile as he got to the end.

"...You can use this letter as a guaranteed pass to enter the training center, as we do not guarantee recognition of every new face." Tucker read happily. "I guess I'm joining the Wonderbolts."

Tucker then looked out the window and saw the moon high in the sky. He stretched his wings and plopped down on the bed.

"Guess I should grab some sleep while I wait for morning." Tucker yawned before falling asleep.

When Tucker woke up he grabbed the letter, rushed down the stairs and made his way straight to Cloudsdale. He didn't know where exactly where the Wonderbolts’ training center was, so he would need to find some other pegasus that could point him in the right direction. Once he arrived in Cloudsdale he did not see anypony in the area. He looked at the horizon and noted that the sun still hasn't started to rise yet.

"Uh, hello? It's Tucker, right?" A voice suddenly came from behind him.

Tucker spun around to be greeted by a blue pegasus who was smiling at him.

"Do I know you?" Tucker muttered quietly.

The blue pegasus looked at himself and chuckled. "Right. I'm not wearing my uniform." The pegasus said, rubbing the back of his neck. "We met yesterday at the Cloudaseum. I'm Soarin, from the Wonderbolts."

"Oh yeah." Tucker said. He then started to smile. "Hey, you're on your way to your practice right?"

"Yeah, why?" Soarin asked curiously, eyebrow raised.

"I was wondering if I could come with you and try out for the team." Tucker said.

"I don't know, you didn't exactly make Spitfire happy with your attitude yesterday." Soarin said with a smile. "Plus I'm pretty sure she didn't give you an invite."

"Too bad for her." Tucker said, pulling the envelope out from under his wing, returning Soarin's smile. "It says that if I have this I will be allowed to try out, even if she doesn't remember giving it to me."

Soarin let out a brief laugh and nodded slowly. "I always told her that she should change what they said. Come on, it's not far from here, and if we hurry we should be able to make it there before they start." Soarin said, starting to walk across the clouds. "I'm usually a bit late so that won't surprise her, but I think after seeing you she will be."

"Well I hope it's a pleasant surprise then." Tucker chuckled before following Soarin to the practice area.

PreviousChapters Next