• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,258 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,258

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14 - "Showdown"

"On the count of three, you will shake hooves and then begin. You have fifteen different dishes to finish. First one to finish wins." Granny Smith said. "One..."

Applejack and Sarge both took a seat at the table, eyeing each other intensely.

"Ready?" Applejack asked.

"More than you'll ever be." Sarge replied with a smile. Applejack then glared at Sarge.

"Two..." Granny Smith said.

Applejack started rubbing her hooves together and Sarge put his hoof behind his head and cracked his neck.

"You're going down." Applejack said.

Sarge just smiled and shook his head.

"Uh... what number was I at again?" Granny Smith asked.

"Muffin." Caboose replied playfully.

"Oh right, three!" Granny Smith said.

"Good luck Sarge." Applejack said, putting her hoof over the table to shake.

"Don't need it. But you will." Sarge said, grabbing Applejack’s hoof.

He then pulled her forward, making her gasp and lose her balance and focus. Sarge took advantage of this and slammed his face onto the plate, stuffing in as much as he could. Applejack quickly glanced at him and set to work. Applejack looked up after she had finished her first plate and saw that Sarge was completing his third plate. Applejack grunted as she grabbed the pie that was on her plate and shoved it in her mouth and started chewing. She then slowly put her hooves on her throat and started choking. Sarge noticed this and jumped over the table.

"Applejack!" Applebloom yelled worriedly.

Applejack was now on the ground, wheezing and flailing her back legs, eyes watering. Sarge knelt next to her and stared at her, not knowing what to do. So he started to push her chest. On the second push, Applejack stopped choking and pushed Sarge to the ground and jumped back on the bench and grabbed a third plate and started eating. Sarge glared at her, then jumped over the table and started eating again. Sarge and Applejack were soon neck and neck. Seven finished for Applejack. Nine for Sarge. Ten for Applejack. Just as Sarge finished his fourteenth plate, Granny Smith rung the bell. Sarge dropped his plate, leaned back and burped.

"Looks like I get twenty bits." Said one pony in the background.

The other pony looked down and mumbled, handing some coins to the other pony.

"Applejack won!" Granny Smith exclaimed, holding up Applejack’s leg.

"Looks like you were just blowin' hot air, huh Sarge?" Applejack asked smugly.

"Yeah well, you cheated." Sarge mumbled.

"So did you." Applejack retorted.

Sarge glared at Applejack, face like stone. He then let out a rough laugh. Soon Applejack burst out with laughter.

"Y'know, it's nice to have somebody who can pose a challenge to me." Applejack said.

"I know what you mean." Sarge said back, extending his hoof to shake, for real this time. "Tell you what, you agree that I smoked you collecting apples, then I'll agree that you won the eating contest."

"Sounds fine with me." Applejack said with a laugh. "Let's say we make it best two outta three?"

"I was thinking three out of five." Sarge said with a laugh.

"You got it pardner." Applejack said with a nod.

"That was a close one Applejack!" Pinkie said, congratulating her.

"Yeah it was, wasn't it?" Applejack said back to Pinkie.

"I was so scared." Caboose said. "When you were choking on that pie, I thought you were possessed by a demon baby."

"Oh? And what exactly is wrong with bab-" Applejack started to ask with her brow raised, but was cut short by Sarge, who was holding her mouth shut shaking his head viciously.

"That would have been an extremely terrible mistake on your part." Sarge grunted.

"Oh? And why is that?" Applejack asked laughing, but when she looked at Sarge, she could see the slightest bit of fear in his eyes.

"You do not want to know. Just trust me."

Applejack stared at him and just nodded, starting to feel a bit nervous. What could Caboose do that would scare Sarge so much? He seems extremely brave...

"So what do you wanna do now?" Pinkie asked Caboose.

"Oh, I don't know." Caboose said. "How about we see what Sarge is doing?"

Sarge looked down and facehoofed while shaking his head slowly.

"Well Sarge, what do you reckon we do now?" Applejack asked. "We've almost gone an' finished harvestin' the apples thanks t' you so we have some time to waste."

"I don't know." Sarge grunted, and then sighed. "I miss Donut. He would have had something to do by now."

"How about we go see what the others are up to?" Pinkie asked.

"Sounds good to me." Applejack said. "Sarge?"

"Yeah, whatever. Might as well make sure the others haven't blown anything up."

"I just realized something." Caboose said. "I'm not wearing any pants."

"Caboose, no one is wearing pants." Sarge sighed.

"Oh my gosh!" Caboose exclaimed, looking at every pony and stallion. "No one is wearing pants!"

Pinkie Pie started giggling. Applejack and Sarge then looked at each other and started laughing as well. Soon all of them were on the ground laughing hysterically.

"Ah. Caboose, you're a weird one, you know that?" Sarge said, trying to stop laughing. "But in a good way."

"Hey, thanks Sarge!" Caboose said. "I don't think I have ever heard you compliment anybody. I feel so special."

"That's because you ARE special." Sarge said with a smirk.

"Thanks Sarge!" Caboose said happily.

"That wasn't a compliment..." Sarge said jokingly, low enough so Caboose didn't hear but loud enough so Applejack did.

Applejack let out a small chuckle and a wry smile, but then caught herself and stopped. She then elbowed Sarge lightly in the chest shaking her head.

"You don't have to be mean." Applejack whispered to Sarge. "Caboose seems like a sweet kid. Not the smartest in the barrel o' apples, but sweet."

"Sorry. Old habits die hard." Sarge whispered back, then raised his voice back to normal. "Oh well, let's go then. I'm sure Grif has done something stupid by now."

PreviousChapters Next