• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,279 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,279

PreviousChapters Next
Volatile Mix

"Church, are you here?" Twilight asked as she opened the door to the library.

"Yeah." Church called out from upstairs.

"Did you get a chance to talk to Pinkie?"

"Yes I did." Church sighed, coming out of his room. "I think she's even worse off than me..."

"Really?" Twilight asked sadly. Church nodded as he made his way down the stairs. "Is she going to be alright?"

"I'm not sure, I don't know her very well." Church said honestly. "So what did you go to talk to the others about."

"Oh, well we went to Canterlot an-" Twilight started but was interrupted by a noise coming out of her bag.

"Twilight, your bag is coughing..."

"Right." Twilight said hesitantly.

She floated the bag floated off her back and it opened when she placed it on the table. Church squinted his eyes when a large, leather-bound book fell out.

"What's with that thing?"

"I am not just a thing, thank you very much." The Necronomicon said abrasively.

"Twilight, your book is talking..."

"I am the Necronomicon, the seer of the future, the recorder of the past, and-"

"You're a book, got it." Church interrupted. "So Twilight, what's with the talking book?"

"This is a rather ancient relic that has the power to bring back the dead." Twilight answered, closing her bag and placing it on the other chair.

"You want to use a book to bring him back?" Church asked weakly. Twilight nodded, but Church simply shook his head. "Doesn't that seem kind of, oh I don't know, dangerous?"

"Come now, you're not going to judge a book by it's cover, are you?" The Necronomicon chuckled.

"Shut it."

"I don't know if you have noticed yet, but I am shut."

"Twilight, do you have any scissors? I think I want to try my hand at origami." Church growled, glaring at the book.

"Bring it on ghostie."

"Both of you calm down." Twilight said loudly, causing the two to look at her. "I thought you would have liked to bring him back..."

"But at what cost, Twilight?" Church shook his again. "I don't want him to be a mindless zombie. Well, zombie anyways."

"You seem to be misunderstand the use of my spell. I do not bring the dead back among the living as a husk of demonic power, I simply return them to their original state seconds before they died. This Caboose friend of yours will be no different than you remember him."

Church narrowed his eyes at the book, trying to tell if it's lying.

"I am not deceiving you." The Necronomicon sighed. "Just because I am the book of the dead does not mean I am evil."

"Yeah, but you're still kind of a prick."

"Being a so called prick means I'm evil?"

"No but they're pretty damn close." Church shrugged.

"Does that mean you're close to being evil too?"

"Touche." Church muttered, mind drifting to Caboose as he kept his eyes on the Necronomicon. "He'll be the same in every way?"

"Every way." The Necronomicon confirmed.

"And he won't be out for blood, crave flesh or any of that voodoo stuff?"

"Not unless he was out for blood before..."

"So how will this work?" Church asked after a few seconds.

"We go to the old castle in Everfree Forest and go into its catacombs. There is an altar with two slabs, one for the dead to lay on, and one for the living- er, reliving. Once both have taken their spots you will read a passage out of my pages and the process will begin."

"I'm not exactly the best at using magic though, so why should I read the book?"

"Well seeing as the other ponies believe you to be immortal and due to the fact that my nature would cause anypony else would either die or be driven mad."

"Oh that makes sense." Church said dismissively, before looking back to Twilight. "Wait, no it fucking doesn't, what the hell does it mean by die or driven mad?"

"There is a reason my pages have been bound shut. No mortal can gaze into me without consequence, which is why I assume they brought me to you, a pony in between the physical realms of life and death. Quite the volatile mixture."

"That's fucked up." Church said to Twilight. He turned to the book, pointing his hoof at it. "You're fucked up."

"Why I've never been so insulted in my life." The Necronomicon grunted. "Especially not by a ghost that is in serious need of a personality change."

"Listen buddy, I may be sort of like a ghost but I still know how to use fire and I will seriously fuck your day."

"You think you're the first pony that has tried to burn me? If so then you're more empty in the brain than I first thought."

"Oh, it's on paper stack." Church said, tackling the book off the table.

Twilight rolled her eyes and pulled Church off of the Necronomicon with her magic and placed him on the other side of the table. She dusted off the Necronomicon and placed him in the center of the table.

"I'll need both of you to calm down."

"He started it." The Necronomicon and Church mumbled simultaneously.

"Church, this is your call." Twilight said softly. "If you think that we shouldn't be doing it, just say so. I'm doing this for you and Pinkie, not me."

"What does this thing want in return?" Church inquired.

"I wish for nothing but the chance to be used again." The Necronomicon answered. "I have been locked away for multiple millenniums, forgotten in the sands of time. And don't get me started on my company..."

"I won't." Church nodded knowingly, having been through the same thing himself.

"That old castle you were talking about earlier, that wouldn't happen to be where the Elements of Harmony were stored?" Twilight asked.

"Oh that's right, you know of the Elements." The Necronomicon said idly.

"Yes, I am one of them."

"Oh, you were being serious..." The Necronomicon trailed off. "The Elements of Harmony are what bound me in the first place."

"And if you try anything, we won't hesitate to use them again." Twilight warned.

"I have told you multiple times that I have no such intentions. Not only have you called me evil, but now you call me a liar as well?" The Necronomicon huffed. "The nerve."

"Well Church?" Twilight asked once more.

"If he keeps to his word then I don't see the harm."

"Ah, I'm ever so happy to hear you say." The Necronomicon chuckled. "I promise to be on my best behavior."

PreviousChapters Next