• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,224 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,224

PreviousChapters Next
Fast Progress

"Alrighty, I can't wait!" Pinkie exclaimed as she hopped out of the kitchen with Twilight.

"Good, now I just have to go tell the others." Twilight said.

"What are you two talking about?" Church asked.

"I'll tell you later." Twilight replied quickly.

"Uh, okay then." Church said quietly.

"Are the cookies cold yet?" Caboose asked.

"I don't know are they?" Pinkie asked in return. In response, Caboose grabbed a couple cookies and tossed them into his mouth and gurgled happily. "I take it they are good." Pinkie giggled.

"Can I have one?" Spike asked.

Pinkie nodded and Spike repeated what Caboose had done.

"Something Caboose cooked didn't kill someone upon ingestion?" Church asked sarcastically.

"You should try one too Church!" Pinkie said happily.

Church opened his mouth to speak, but Pinkie tossed a cookie in to it. Church bit down in to it and was pleasantly surprised.

"This isn't half bad Caboose." Church said.

"What half is it?" Caboose asked through the chewed up cookies in his mouth.

"The good kind." Spike said.

"Are we allowed to be eating these? Shouldn't they be on sale here in the shop?" Church asked.

"Nope. The Cakes decided that they wanted to see if Caboose could bake so they could have more days off." Pinkie said. She grabbed a cookie and quickly ate it. "This was a test and I would say he passed with flying cookies!"

"Yay!" Caboose exclaimed after swallowing the cookies. "This is the first test I passed since kindergarten!"

"Well I think we should be on our way, I need to go talk to the other girls." Twilight said.

"Don't you want a cookie?" Caboose asked.

"No that's quite fine thank y-"

Twilight met Caboose's puppy dog eyes and sighed.

"Okay, I'll have one." Twilight said.

She trotted up to the plate, grabbed one and took a bite out of it.

"Aw, can't I stay and have some more?" Spike asked sadly.

"If Pinkie doesn't mind." Twilight replied.

"No problem Twi! We are going to be making some more treats and we could use a third party." Pinkie said happily.

"What about the other two parties?" Caboose asked.

"Are you coming Church or do you want to stay too?" Twilight asked.

"Since Caboose seems to be staying out of trouble I guess I'll come." Church replied.

"Great." Twilight smiled. "We'll come back and pick Spike up when we're done, okay Pinkie?"

"Okie dokie." Pinkie said.

"So whose place are we going to first?" Church asked.

"Well I already talked to Fluttershy while I was at her place, so I think we should go to Rarity since she’s the closest." Twilight replied.

"Sounds good to me." Church said.

Church and Twilight left Sugar Cube Corner and made their way to the Carousel Boutique. Once they arrived they walked through the door to see Simmons writing on a piece of paper.

"Oh hey Church. Hey Twilight. What are you guys doing here?" Simmons asked without turning to see them.

"I came to talk to Rarity, do you know where she is?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, she's up in her room." Simmons said.

"Is she working on something?" Twilight asked.

"No, I'm pretty sure she's just resting right now." Simmons answered. "Feel free to go up and see her."

"Thanks." Twilight said, starting towards the stairs.

"So what are you writing?" Church asked.

"Just making some notes." Simmons replied.

"Notes about what?" Church asked curiously.

"Well I have been using a lot of magic recently and I find myself managing to do more and more every day." Simmons said. "I'm trying to find out when I might start reaching my limit so I don't go over it."

"Wait, you can do magic?" Church said in disbelief.

"Yeah, it's really easy and Rarity said that I am making great progress." Simmons laughed.

"Really? I can't even do the simplest of things and you're already well off." Church muttered. "Do you think you could try and teach me?"

"Isn't Twilight supposed to be really good on the magical front?" Simmons asked. "That's what Rarity told me at least."

"Yeah she tried to teach me but we made no progress." Church said.

"Well I'm not exactly a master or anything. Plus I'm not exactly a teacher either." Simmons laughed.

"Couldn't hurt to try though." Church said.

Simmons shrugged and stopped writing on the paper.

"Alright I guess." Simmons said slowly. "The first thing you need to do is clear yo-"

"Clear my mind, Twilight already told me that." Church said. "What next?"

"Do you have a weird feeling in your horn?" Simmons asked.

"Well this is awkward..." Church grunted.

"That's not what I meant." Simmons muttered. "Do you have this heavy feeling on your forehead?"

"Yeah, I thought I was just starting to get a headache though." Church said.

"Well try and push that feeling towards your horn." Simmons started. "Once you feel it building up try to focus on this piece of paper and imagine yourself lifting it up."

Church nodded as Simmons placed a piece of paper on the table. Church stared at the paper and his horn started to glow faintly after a few seconds. Church started grunting as he felt the pressure build up in his horn and his horn started to glow brighter and brighter. Simmons stared slack jawed at Church.

"What are you looking at? It's not moving." Church grunted in a strained voice.

"Turn around." Simmons said quietly.

Church kept his mind on the paper as he turned around. There were dozens of things in the air. Chairs, clothes, drawers, and everything else behind him was surrounded by a light blue glow.

"What's going on?" Twilight asked from the top of the stairs, feeling a large magical presence in the room.

Church lost all focus on the paper and everything fell to the ground. Church suddenly had all the released energy rush back into his head and he fell to the ground in pain.

"Church!" Twilight yelled, running down the stairs. "Are you okay?"

"Holy fuck my head is killing me." Church said, gritting his teeth.

"Just calm down. What did you do?" Twilight asked slowly.

"He asked me to try and show him how to use magic, but his magic seems to have missed the target and hit basically everything else in the room." Simmons said.

"Just like the old days." Church chuckled through the pain that continued to build up. "I think it's getting worse."

"You were lifting a lot of objects." Simmons noted. "I had a migraine for an hour after lifting about ten pounds of letters, and you were lifting possibly over a thousand pounds."

"Hold still." Twilight said.

Twilight slowly lowered her horn to Church's forehead and it started to glow. Twilight made a small grunt and Church felt the pounding in his head significantly lessened.

"What did you do?" Church asked.

"I absorbed some of the pain." Twilight cringed. "I'm used to that feeling after using magic for so long, but you had a lot more of it than I thought. I didn't manage to dissipate the pain completely, but you should be a lot better off now. Simmons do you mind getting me a glass of water?"

"Sure." Simmons said, quickly leaving to get her the drink.

"You didn't have to do that." Church said.

"Nonsense, that's what are friends are for." Twilight chuckled weakly.

"Thanks." Church said quietly. "Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

"Yes, I just need to rest for a few minutes." Twilight said. "After that our next stop is Sweet Apple Acres."

"Sounds good to me." Church said with a smile.

PreviousChapters Next