• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,280 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,280

PreviousChapters Next
Not So Smooth Sailings

Theta pushed with his legs as fast as he could to keep up with his orange enemy, and he slowly began to gain with her. He knew he couldn't catch up with her since he had to at least get to Ponyville before he had any idea where he was going, so he purposely didn't give it one hundred percent. Or at least that was his excuse for not being in first place during that time. After ten minutes of 'purposely losing', Theta soon saw Scootaloo nearing a pleasant little cottage on top of the hill and several white clouds, as well as one lumpy, orange cloud, floated above. Scootaloo slowed down when she saw how rough the road was allowing Theta those precious few seconds he needed to catch up with her.

"You cheated!" Theta said, kicking the ground as hard as he could to keep up with her.

"Not really. I mean, it was cheap, but it would have only been cheating if I actually pulled you off your board." Scootaloo chuckled as she began rising her scooter again.

"Yeah, well... I caught up with you." Theta said smugly, rolling by her side.

"Only because I let you." Scootaloo countered.

"Nuh-uh!" Theta denied as loudly as he could.

"Yeah-huh!" Scootaloo retorted with a smirk.

"I said nuh-uh!"

"And I said yeah-huh!"

"And I said I'm trying to sleep up here. Or I would have if I just remembered how to sleep-talk" The orange cloud Theta saw shouted. "Wait, what if I'm sleep-talking now?"

"What the..." Theta muttered.

"Don't worry about him, that's just Grif." Scootaloo sighed as Grif sat up on the cloud to look at the ones that woke him up.

"I was just having a nice and... very strange dream... and for some reason there were kittens and... tire irons? Well that's not a nice dream. Why was I dreaming of that?" Grif asked himself, worried. His stomach then growled and he stared at it. "And why does that make me hungry?"

"Because you're always hungry, Grif!" Scootaloo rolled her eyes as she grabbed onto a small tree and kicked off the ground, sending her spinning through the air.

"Good point." Grif shrugged, then sank back into the cloud and fell asleep half of a second later.

"Oh my." Fluttershy gasped as Scootaloo flew towards a steep hill. Scootaloo saw her reaction and smiled, then stomped her right hoof on the ground, using her speed to spin her ninety degrees to veer away from falling. "Scootaloo, please be careful."

"Don't worry about me, I'm the best scootsfilly in all of Pony- woah!" Scootaloo said shakily as she began riding over a rocky road, nearly making her lose her grip of the scooter which would make her spill.

As Scootaloo tried to regain control of her scooter, Theta shot past Fluttershy and squatted down on his skateboard to ride down the rock filled trail, making his center of mass closer to the ground so he could simply lean to turn while using the angle of the road to ride it without having to kick. Scootaloo glared at Theta and tightened her grip on the handles of her scooter to get her balance back. She glanced ahead of Theta and saw Rainbow Dash's house floating a small distance away.

"How's it going?" Theta asked idly while Scootaloo managed to catch up to him, all while he was keeping his eyes on the floating home ahead.

"Pretty good, you?" Scootaloo said, acting as if they weren't competing.

"Good, I guess." Theta shrugged indifferently. "How long do you think it will take us to get there?"

"Maybe a few minutes."

"Cool. So now we can decide what we are going to be calling the winner. I was thinking Grand Champion of the World."

"What kind of silly title is that?" Scootaloo shook her head. "No, winner will be crowned Grand Champion of the Universe and Everything!"

"What are you doing?" Fluttershy suddenly yelped as she ran after them, barely managing to match their speed. "Where are you going that you need to be going there this fast?"

"We're just having a race." Scootaloo sighed to try and relax the worrying pegasus.

"Oh." Fluttershy said quietly, then smiled as she looked at the small purple colt on the skateboard. "Scootaloo, who's your new friend?"

"Oh, right." Scootaloo said while the young stallion in question turned to look at Fluttershy. "This is a new friend in town, his name is-"

"-Eep!" Fluttershy yelped with surprise and came to a screeching halt when she realized she was trying to stop one of the fragments.

"You know her?" Scootaloo raised her brow, looking at the now relaxing Theta, but he shrugged innocently in response. "But seriously, where did you get your board?"

"A friend." Theta said, then glanced down as they reached the bottom of the hill. He put both of his right legs on the board and began bucking the ground with his left hooves to keep his speed.

Sensing the tone of Theta's voice, Scootaloo decided to focus on their activity and kicked the ground in synchronization with him. They continued kicking in silence, getting closer and closer to their next target, smiling satisfyingly as the sun rested comfortably behind the fluffy mansion. Five minutes later they were just a few seconds away from being underneath it.

"Giving up yet?" Scootaloo asked as she stomped faster to push forward.

"Nah, I'm good." Theta said, and blinked when a shadow flicked over him.

"Tucker, hurry up!" Rainbow Dash laughed as she soared through the sky, high above the two young ponies.

"Why are we doing this again?" Tucker asked, panting heavily.

"We need to see how fast you can clear the skies, duh." Rainbow Dash chuckled, punching him in the shoulder.

"Why can't I show you how fast I can make you c-" Tucker smirked, then stopped when he looked down to catch two curious glances. "-come to... a bar... with me?"

"What?" Rainbow Dash inquired dubiously, then followed his eyes to see Scootaloo on her scooter with a few beads of sweat on her face. "Oh, hey Scoots."

"Hey." Scootaloo grunted happily as Rainbow Dash flew down to talk to her.

"Watcha doing, kiddo?"

"Just having a race with my friend." Scootaloo said, looking at Theta out of the corner of her eye.

"By the looks of it he's giving you more of a challenge than you thought." Rainbow Dash smiled at Theta and he smiled back, sweat on his forehead.

"Yeah, I didn't think Theta would be able to ride as hard as me." Scootaloo laughed and Tucker was instantly by her side.

"Bo-"

"Don't." Rainbow Dash warned pointedly.

"Come on, I have to be able to say it sometimes." Tucker stressed.

"Say what sometimes?" Theta asked curiously.

"Never mind that. Where are you guys racing to?" Rainbow Dash asked, flying upside down with her hooves behind her head, silently bragging that she wasn't exerting herself.

"We're going to the library, but we started-"

"Cool, mind if I join?" Rainbow Dash asked, quickly switching her flight stance to her regular upright position. "Tucker doesn't like racing because he says he's out of practice in the endurance the department."

"I told you, I'll race you if we just-"

"Tucker."

"Then stop setting me up for it." Tucker mumbled. "You know I have a multiple track mind."

"You mean a one track mind." Rainbow Dash corrected him.

"No, I have several, they're just all going in the same direction." Tucker said thoughtfully.

"Right." Rainbow Dash said sarcastically, then looked back at Scootaloo. "So what do ya say?"

"Well, I don't know if-" Scootaloo coughed.

"Great! Three-two-one-GO!" Rainbow Dash hollered and flapped her wings once, propelling her forward.

Rainbow Dash's burst of speed sent dust and grass flying into the sky, blocking the other two's vision. They came to a screeching halt and closed their eyes while they waited for the area to settle, and once it did they looked at Rainbow Dash and saw her disappear from her sight within three seconds.

"We're not counting her, right?" Theta asked, looking at his racing buddy.

"Right." Scootaloo said as she readjusted her helmet.

"What's that?" Theta asked nervously, eyes misting over with apparent fear.

"What's-" Scootaloo began to turn, but caught onto his plan and turned back to him. "You tried to pull a fast one on me!"

"Hey, you did it too, so you can't blame me for trying." Theta chuckled as he kicked the ground to go forward.

"Heh, guess I can't." Scootaloo smirked, then went next to Theta and winked playfully. "See you at the library!"

"Hopefully before I finish a book!" Theta snorted and the pair zoomed towards Ponyville.

PreviousChapters Next