• Published 20th Apr 2013
  • 262 Views, 0 Comments

The Fall of an Empire - Dawn Hunter



What happens when an empire becomes weak? It falls.

  • ...
 0
 262

The Aid

It was a late night in November, and it was beginning to snow in Canterlot. At about 11:00 PM, a small figure could be seen flying out of Princess Celestia's bedroom. The dark figure looks down on the few poor souls in Canterlot that had to be out on the streets at this time of night in this weather. But that wasn't where her mind was focused, it was focus on the small temple and camp 25 kilometers away from her. Here, was her last attempt at getting help that would hopefully prolong her fate.

As she came upon the camp, looked around at the metal barracks around her. There was nopony around to even greet her. "There must be somepony to greet me around here, I am a princess after all, but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures," she thought to herself.

As she approached the temple, she began to feel the heat emanating from it like a giant fire. As she opened the door, a great wave of heat hit her. She soon felt the contrast of the cool hit her back-side and quickly closed the door. What was now in front of her was a long narrow hallway with five doors on each side. As she walked down the dim hallway, she just now realized the peril she was in, and how badly she needed this help. She finally arrived at the the final door on here left, she could see a shadow of a figure leaning back in a chair through the paper screen.

As she slowly slid the door open, she could feel her face getting red. She usually doesn't go into this area of the camp, her sister almost always deals with these sort of relations.She beings to see a tall, light grey, red and gold maned, stallion leaning back in his chair.

The Pegasus barely noticed her in his sleep-like trance. Thinking it was just another one of his recruits, the stallion gets up and says in a very irritated tone," what is it? Can't you see I'm sleepi-."

His word are cut off when he realizes he is talking to Princess Celestia.

The Stallion straightens himself up and says in a very professional tone," Your highness, what brings you here at this time of night?"

"Well,"she uttered very quietly," I am having a bit of a problem and I need the help of the Hunters."

"Is that so, I would normally not believe you, but since you come before me in person, it must be important," The Pegasus responded.

"It is of the up-most importance that the situation is dealt with immediately."

"Very-well, what is this situation that is so imperative that you would come straight to me?'

"There is a massive civilian uprising in the center of Manehatten and I need it taken care of immediately."

"With all due respect Princess, couldn't you have just sent in a few guards for this dirty work?"

"Dawn, there are over 10,000 ponies rioting in Central park against me. I need you to deal with this."

"10,000? How do you suggest we deal with all of them?"

"I need you to assassinate the leaders. From there, the crowd will be lost and return home."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, these simpletons will just do whatever they are told."

"That's quite a way to think of an empire. But no matter how you think of it, I'm not going to help."

"And why is that?"

"Because this if I did, it would only bring you more trouble. Others will start to see tyranny in your ruling. More uprisings will occur, more assassination attempts. And eventually, one of them may succeed."

The Princess glared at Dawn," My rule will not be questioned. Nopony can or will overthrow me."

Dawn replied simply," Yes they can."

The Princess gets ready to storm out of the room, but Dawn stops her.

"Princess, there is something you need to know."

The Princess replied in an angry voice," Fine then, spit it out and be quick about it."

Dawn speaks in a very calm voice," i just thought you should know, that He is coming, here, and when he gets here, I know what he is going to say when he sees your toppling kingdom."

"Oh yeah? And what is that?"

"He's going to say that we should kill you and, as he has said before 'but the wounded dog out of its misery.'"

"Well, He can try, but He will fail, and I will show him why I'm the Leader of Equestria."

The Princess storms out of the room and flies off back towards Canterlot. But all the time she's flying back, all she can think about is if Dawn was right? If it was really the end of and era and she was going to fall. She did her best to put that out of her mind as she flies back over Canterlot. She looks up at the moon and says to herself," I really hope he was wrong."

The Princess arrives to her bedroom at 1:13 AM and falls into her bed, exhausted from her day. But as hard as she tried, she couldn't get to sleep. The same three words kept going through her head.

One May Succeed.

Every-time the Princess tried to go to sleep, she would suddenly jump out of bed whenever her closet door creaked open and close. Meanwhile, the riot in Manehatten went on. While to almost everypony, it just seemed like a silly anarchist riot, but there was really something much more sinister behind it. The only ponies to know of the riot's true purpose, were the leaders: Paradoxe Solveur and Arrow Shine, as well as the conspirators: Dawn Hunter, the Leader of the Hunter clan; Him, who will not be named until "his time," and finally, Princess Luna. Together, they planned to rid Equestria of its tyranny. But under this scheme, there is even more deceit, which will soon be uncovered. For in this game of life and death, power and weakness, there is no such thing as trust.

For Only One May Succeed.

Author's Note:

Thank You all for reading this! I will try to get the next chapter out ASAP. If you like this, please let me know, it helps out a lot!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment