• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 7,103 Views, 404 Comments

Bathtime for Ponies Part 2 - Starry Eyed



It's bathtime AGAIN for some of the young characters, and who else but you gets to wash them? Each filly and colt has a different personality, though, and some of them REALLY hate baths!

  • ...
5
 404
 7,103

Lotus and Aloe

Your boss had assured you multiple times that this was just a regular job, no different than any other. For you however, this was the ultimate test, the ultimate bath! Well, maybe not that serious, but you wanted it to be perfect, even if you were the only one who fully appreciated it. The prospect of bathing the ponies that ran a spa, of pampering the future masters of pampering; there was just a glory to it that only you could fully appreciate. It is time to give the spa treatment to the spa masters!

You are a little disappointed that the tub is completely normal and not spa style, but it seemed that they lived in a totally normal house. It was already past the time that you would normally have given them their baths, but you were waiting as long as possible. Vera was coming over for a week-long visit, and you wanted to include her. You check the time again, and with a sigh, you have to acknowledge that it’s time for the bath.

You search the house for the twins, Aloe and Lotus, and finally find them in the kitchen. You immediately notice that Lotus has gotten into a box of seaweed that you had bought, happily nibbling away. “Dear that’s seaweed wrap. It's not for eati…” You notice that it’s all gone, and just give up mid-sentence. Oh well, it’s not like you know how to do a proper seaweed wrap like they would someday anyway, and based on that display, they would just eat it then anyway.

“Oh well, at least you’re well feed. Um, where’s your sister?” On cue, the brown paper bag you brought your groceries in falls over. You walk over to the kitchen table to see the little pink filly how found the cucumbers that the spa had recommended for a mud mask. The now empty box they came in was now being worn like a little hat over her blue mane.

You’re not sure what’s cuter, the fact that she fit in the grocery bag or the fact that the box was too big for a hat and was slipping over her face. “Why are you two never this easy to feed when I’m trying? Oh well, It’s bathtime anyway.” Lotus seems thrilled at the idea, but Aloe gasped.

Aloe began looking around for someplace to hide, and suddenly got (in her mind) a brilliant idea. She pulled her little hat forward and it fell over her eyes. Now that she couldn’t see you, you must not be able to see her! It was the perfect disguise.

You laugh at the little display, and scoop her up in your right arm. You now turn back to Lotus, who is still very obedient. “Well little lady, would you like to walk on your own or carri…” you never got to finish that sentence either. She reached up her little hooves, asking to be carried.

You make your way to the tub. Lotus like riding like this, the view is much better when it’s not from one foot off the ground. Aloe on the other hand is having none of this, and is trying to get loose. You place both of them in the tub and go to close the door. As you go to take your place on the mat, Aloe tries to climb out of the tub, but Lotus pulls her back in for you.

Though not her original intent, now that Lotus has her sister, she decides to let it become a full hug and snuggles up to her with a little cooing sound. This all embarrasses Aloe, so as much as you want to comment, you keep your dawws to yourself.

Since she is cooperative, you start with Lotus. After squirting some white lotus scented shampoo into your hand, you begin massaging it into Lotus’s scalp as best you can. She closes her eyes and savors it, and you are glad to finally bathe a pony that really wanted it. Her pink mane is sudsy after only twenty seconds, but since she enjoys it, you continue for forty.

You now get out your crystal rinsing dish, feeling this is something of an occasion, and use it to ladle water over her mane. Ten rinses later, her pink mane is clean. You now turn to Aloe, who is still pouting.

You get another handful of shampoo and begin massaging her mane exactly like you did Lotus’s. Despite all her fussing, she really likes it, and begins giggling warmly. This makes both you and Lotus giggle.

After another forty seconds, you scoop up some more warm water and pour it over her little mane. Ten rinses later and her mane matches her sister’s (except for the color obviously).

You now ask Aloe to lift her tail so you can wash it. She opens one eye to regard you, and after taking a moment to consider it, she does. You thank her, and begin lathering the tail. After thirty seconds, you have combed the shampoo down her tail until it gently dissolved into suds. You get the rinsing dish, put she has sat down, and rather than shaking like you expected, she scoots her way around her sister, giggling all the way.

After you stop laughing, and wondering where that unlimited energy came from, you ask Lotus to do the same. She slowly lifts her tail for you. You again begin brushing the shampoo into her tail until it is ready for rinsing half a minute later. Lotus waits for you to rinse her tail, and in eight rinses her tail is clean. She smiles and resumes sitting.

You give the two sisters some toys to play with, and each begins to play. Lotus has a toy boat and the rubber duck, and is making them have a tea party. As if it wasn’t cute enough, she is humming something like, “lalala-lala-lala” You smile warmly.

Aloe also has a boat, but also the seapony toy. Aloe holds the seapony is underwater, and slowly makes it creep up on the boat. Finally, after wiggling her own tail in suspenseful anticipation, she pounces! It still amazes you that little foals already understand the concept of monsters so well.

Aloe then notices her sister’s “tea party”. Lotus and you both realize a moment too late that the monster has found some new prey. Aloe tries to make the seapony ponce the other toys, but because she is so far away, she pounces, sending water everywhere.

Both Lotus and you are now soaked and shocked. Aloe realizes that she may have went too far, and puts her toy aside, clearly sorry. Lotus and you exchange a look, and decide it was pretty funny after all. You all laugh together.

You take the sisters out of the bath and dry them off. Lotus folds her towel and drapes it over her shoulders. Aloe ties hers into a cape and sticks one hoof out front, pretending to fly with a little whooshing sound. You smile at both, and carry them both to the living room.

You arrive just in time to see that Vera’s parents have brought her over. Upon seeing their cousin, Lotus runs over and pulls her into a hug. Aloe, noticing this decides to complete the dogpile, and pounces the over two with the force of a pouncing kitten.

You and the other adults daww at the sight, and you assure them that you’ll take care of everything. You look forward to seeing how Vera plays into the sister’s yin and yang vibe.