• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 7,102 Views, 404 Comments

Bathtime for Ponies Part 2 - Starry Eyed



It's bathtime AGAIN for some of the young characters, and who else but you gets to wash them? Each filly and colt has a different personality, though, and some of them REALLY hate baths!

  • ...
5
 404
 7,102

Prince Sombra

You haven’t even started the bath yet, and already you are busy looking for Prince Sombra. You thought it was best not to fill the tub until you found him, considering that the crystal palace was enormous and you were sure that the bath would be freezing cold by the time you found him otherwise.

The good news was that one of the palace staff told you where to find him, but the bad news was that he would likely be in his playroom, at the top of the stairs. Thankfully back in those days, there was a door in the throne room that lead straight to the stair case on the 90th floor, but that still left about ten flights worth of stairs to go.

You made your way to this section of the seemingly never-ending white spiral staircase. Now all you had to do was go to the top, get a super powerful unicorn who hates bathing, go back down the stairs to the secret door, and then go give Sombra his bath, oh and you need to be quick about it because bedtime is approaching. You’re glad you don’t have to go the long way like Twilight, but this was still outside you’re normal job description.

After climbing high enough that you could see the top (and catching your breath), a young foal Sombra appeared at the top of the stairs, curious to see who had come to see him. You tell Sombra that it’s time for a bath now, to which Sombra, even as young as he was, responded, “No bath.” Now it wasn’t the words that were funny, it was his voice. Sombra’s deep tone hadn’t come in yet, and his voice was squeakier than Pinkie Pie’s after breathing helium. You would have laughed if you weren’t busy catching your breath.

“Look Sombra, you have to get a bath.” Sombra put on his sternest look, and summoned all his magic at once. You couldn’t believe that he had all that magic even as a foal. You thought now would be a very good time to run.

But you never got a chance as Sombra summoned an avalanche of Slinkys to chase you down the stairs. When you saw what was happening, you deadpanned, “Seriously Sombra?” Sombra held his head high and proud, “A spwing a spwing a marevelous thing, everypony knows it’s a Slinky.”

That innocence coupled with his squeaky voice and baby talk was just too adorable for words. You made your way up the stairs and made it to his play room and retrieved him before heading back down to the bathroom. Some of the servants there offered to give Sombra a traditional crystal mud bath before you washed him in a proper crystal bath. You said it was fine with you if Sombra didn’t mind.

The servants then drew Sombra’s attention to the green crystal mud bath, hoping he would approve. Sombra made his way over and tested the strange substance with a hoof. Sombra quickly found that he hated whatever this stuff was, and regarded it in disgust, “Gak!” The servants shrugged it off and left you alone to bath Sombra. Thankfully they had drawn the bath for you in the meantime so you could get straight to work.

As before with Cadence, this was a crystal bath, so you got out the crystal shampoo and began working it into his mane. You’re still not used to using the sugary crystal shampoo, so you take your time. It takes over a minute to finish lathering his black mane, mostly because you are being cautious.

In addition to not having his deep voice yet, he also doesn’t have his dark magic eyes, and his eyes are the sparkling emerald eyes of a crystal pony. You sit back for a moment to mentally record this moment, of seeing Sombra with sparkly innocent eyes, and white bubbly mane, and a squeaky little voice.

Sombra gives you a cute impatient look and you decide it’s time to rinse. You get out the sapphire rinsing dish and have Sombra tilt his head back. Since the crystal soap is so grainy, now more than ever you want to avoid getting it in his eyes. You then scoop up the warm water, laden with opal-like bubbles, and pour it over his mane. After more than a dozen rinses, you are absolutely sure his mane is washed.

It took longer than normal because apparently, Sombra climbed all those stairs by himself, everyday, so he was quite sweaty when you put him in the bath. A blackish murky mist now surrounds him in the tub.

With the crystal shampoo taking effect, Sombra’s mane was now like shiny crystalline onyx, which would have made him majestic if he wasn’t so cute. You now move on to wash his tail, and ask him to raise it up for you. Sombra does so without complaint, and that is when you notice something. Sombra already has his cutie mark: a white spiral staircase. No wonder he always wore his robes in public later on, hard to be afraid of that.

You decide to think about it later, and begin scrubbing his tail. You work a little faster this time, and notice just how soft Sombra’s mane and tail are. After a minute of scrubbing, you are ready to rinse, which only takes eight rinses this time, and Sombra’s tail is shiny crystalline onyx just like his mane.

With the bath finished, you lift Sombra out and onto the bath mat. You don’t really like the towels they’ve provided you, they’re just not soft enough, so you dry Sombra slowly and gently. When you are done, Sombra’s mane and tail look like they have hardened into real onyx and it seem surreal to see it move. Sombra just shrugs, the whole crystal look never really appealed to him.

You check your phone for the time, “Well, that was fast. It’s not even close to bedtime yet. I assume you want to play some more?” Sombra smiled ear to ear, and ran towards the door, but stopped to motion you to follow him. “You want me to play with you? Ok.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You weren’t sure about this anymore, “There is no possible way this is safe.” One of the servants had just finished strapping Sombra into his protective gear, and the emotionlessly handed you a helmet. The attendant spoke to you in a very proper and emotionless tone, “Don’t worry, it’s magic. The young prince does this often.” That didn’t make you feel better.

Sombra then got on his sled at the top of the stairs, a fearless look burning in his cute little emerald eyes. The attendant then put you on the sled. “Um, you know, I changed my mind. I think I’ll just AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

Author's Note:

Sombra is lame they said.

Sombra can't be cute they said.

You can't give a guy like Sombra the "I have faith that everyone has some good in them" treatment like you do for everypony else they said.

Challenge accepted I said.

This is what happens if you spend enough time on Deviantart.