• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 7,103 Views, 404 Comments

Bathtime for Ponies Part 2 - Starry Eyed



It's bathtime AGAIN for some of the young characters, and who else but you gets to wash them? Each filly and colt has a different personality, though, and some of them REALLY hate baths!

  • ...
5
 404
 7,103

Time Turner Whooves

You’re late! You’re never late, you can time travel, how can you be late?

'Vworp, vworp, vworp'.

You arrive at the home of the young Time Turner Whooves, Whooves for short.

You see that his parents have already stepped out, leaving you in charge for now. You are a little bit embarrassed that you were late for the first time. You notice that Whooves himself is playing quietly in the living room, and seems to be doing fine. Content that you don’t need to look after him for now, you head upstairs to ready the bath. You would normally have spent at least part of the day watching out for him like a proper sitter, but you were really busy earlier, and it is past already bathtime now.

You add bubblebath and start filling the tub with nice hot water, which should be cool enough to bathe in by the time you get the foal of the hour. Once the tub is full you head out to get Whooves. You walk downstairs to find the little colt still playing happily. You walk over offering him a polite greeting to get his attention, and let him know it is bathtime. This was a mistake.

As soon as he sees you, his little eyes grow wide and alert. Whooves dashes away with speed that only Pinkie Pie would consider realistic. You sigh to yourself, knowing this won’t be easy. This will be the third time you have looked after the young earth pony, and he doesn’t exactly like you.

You make your way up to his room, knowing that is where he will be. You try to open the door, only to find that he has locked himself in.

“Whooves!” you shout at the colt on the other side, “Don’t make me get the screwdriver and pick the lock again.”

You hear an incoherent baby noise, implying that he isn’t coming out. “How many times do I have to say I’m sorry? I really didn’t mean to let you drink the pear shampoo the first time.” On your first visit, you had left him alone at playtime to take a call for just a minute, and came back to find that he had tried drinking the shampoo you had used. Poor Whooves had hiccupped pear flavored soap bubbles the rest of the night, and had developed a loathing of pears. This in addition to the fact that he didn’t want you to bathe him now.

“Look, I changed shampoo. It’s just generic brand now. And I promise I’ll be more careful from now on.” You hear nothing in response, but stay optimistic and assume that’s a good thing. “Look, the boss and your parents worked out a contract, I have to bathe you eleven times in total, can’t we put this behind us?”

You hear the sound of the door being unlocked, and moments later, a little brown earth pony colt appears in the doorway. Whooves is consigned to his fate, but also gives you a look like, “I’ll give you one more chance.”

You squee in delight, and thank him. You both make your way to the bathroom, and you take your place on the mat. You then lift Whooves into the tub, and gently place him in the now-warm water. Hoping to get this over with as badly as he does, you squirt a handful of generic brand Shampoo into your hand and begin lathering it into his mane. Since he has a very short mane, it only takes you twenty seconds. Once his mane is lathered, you get the rinsing dish and begin to rinse the soap out of his hair.

You are extremely careful not to let it get in his face; you really want him to have a good impression of you from now on. Once his mane is clean, you move on to the tail. You don’t need to be as careful anymore, and in only a few moments his tiny tail is lathered and ready for rinsing. This time you just cup your hands, and in only eleven rinses the tail is clean.

You now give Whooves some bath toys: A rubber ducky, two little red boats, and toy sea-pony. You lean back against the wall, and let him play. Whooves seems to thoroughly like the toys, and plays randomly for a while. Then he notices that there are a LOT of bubbles, in the tub. This gives him an idea, and he plays it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Biggest bubble spoke to the toys, “Toys, you have declared war on the bubbles.”

The red boat responded, “This is not war, this is dirt control!”

“We are five million bubbles, how many are you?”

“Four!”

“You would pop the bubbles with 4 bath toys?”

“We would pop the bubbles with ONE bath toy! You are superior in only one respect.”

“What is that?”

“You are fun to pop.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whooves began splashing about, popping the bubbles with the toys, all while cooing something unintelligibly. It was cute, but it was splashing water all over the floor. You decide that the bath is over, and manage to get Whooves to stop playing. Whooves gives you a look that says he really doesn’t want to stop playing, but you kindly insist that the bath is over now. Though clearly disappointed, Whooves agrees, and gives you a little nod. You lift him out of the bath and onto the mat.

You then get out your drying towel and begin drying the young colt off. You decide to start with the head, and move the towel back and forth to dry his hair. When you remove the towel, his hair spikes up from the static friction. You try to comb it down, but it’s decided to stay that way. You move on to drying the rest of the body, and since he’s just a tiny foal, it only takes another moment.

With your job done. You walk over and open the door, gesturing him to go play now. Whooves gets about one human step out the door, before stopping, turning around, and nuzzling you, as if to say, “I forgive you, we can be friends.”

“DAWW!” That’s just wonderful. You are so very happy that he forgave you, and the way he did it was SO CUTE! You give him a little pat on the head, and he walks off smiling.

You go back and start drying off the bathroom floor where he splashed out all the water earlier. You hear Whooves make a curious, “Oooh” sound, followed by another sound, 'Vworp, vworp, vworp'.

You have really got to learn to stop leaving this foal alone. When you arrive it’s too late. You pace back and forth for a few minutes, trying to figure out what to do even though in reality who already know there is only one thing to do. You call the boss.

“Um, boss…It’s me. Whooves took the time machine.”

Author's Note:

"The boss was mad at you, but quickly got the situation under control. Whooves was returned to his parents safe and sound, but had acquired his cutie-mark. The parents were so happy they didn't mind your neglect, and the contract continued."

I don't really know much about Doctor Who, so I got help from Timey-Wime​y to make sure this worked, Thanks Timey.

As Always, for questions regarding which ponies I will wash refer to my Blog Post: Bathtime for Ponies; Blog Post Edition.