• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 7,102 Views, 404 Comments

Bathtime for Ponies Part 2 - Starry Eyed



It's bathtime AGAIN for some of the young characters, and who else but you gets to wash them? Each filly and colt has a different personality, though, and some of them REALLY hate baths!

  • ...
5
 404
 7,102

Carrot Top

You finish watering the carrot patch in the back yard, a young Carrot Top watching your every move. “There, that’s all we can do for them today dear” you assure her. She nods thankfully to you for watering her little section of her parent’s garden for her. It’s much easier to use a watering can if you have hands, and aren’t one foot tall.

You usher her inside after getting her to wipe her hooves off, and notice how dirty she is from gardening (which mostly involved watching and playing, but it’s the thought that counts). It’s a bit early for a bath, but you’ll make an exception this time. Carrot Top goes over to a basket of hers that is full of carrots, and you make your way up the stairs to the bathroom.

You sit by the tub waiting for it to fill. The tub is only half full when Carrot Top rounds the corner and walks up to you. You briefly notice that she is bright eyed and has the leafy part of the carrot hanging out of the side of her mouth.

“Hello sweetie, what is it?” Carrot Top looks down, then to her right, then to her left, then her cute little smile fades. This makes you feel bad, “What’s wrong?” She regards the little carrot leaves sticking out of her mouth and answers you, “I bringed you a carrot, but I think I eated it.”

“Daww! It’s ok sweetie, you tried.” This instantly restores her little smile, “I could get you anuther.” You notice out of the corner of your eye that the bath water is already as full as you normally get it, “That’s ok, it’s time for your bath now anyway.”

Carrot Top seems fine with the idea of bathing. You turn off the water and go close the door for now. You pick up Carrot Top and place her in the tub, instantly creating a muddy bath. How could such a little filly have gotten so much dirt on her? You squirt a new brand of shampoo entitled, “Golden Harvest” into your hand, and begin lathering it into her mane.

As you gently work the shampoo into her mane, the bubbles have a brown tint to them. It was a really, really good idea to give her a bath early today. After a minute of scrubbing, her mane is ready to rinse, but you don’t think it’s a good idea to wash her in murky water.

Thankfully, you still happen to have the sapphire rinsing dish from the Crystal Empire. Knowing that you will need new bath water anyway, you unplug the tub, and turn on some new, lukewarm water. You hold the rinsing dish under the faucet and pour it over her little mane.

About twelve rinses and even her dirty mane is clean. You notice that most of the dirty water is gone now, and decide to re-plug the tub, and make a mental note to rinse extra dirty ponies off before putting them in the tub from now on.

You now ask her sweetly to lift her tail, which she does. Oh boy, you have some work to do. Mud, mud everywhere. What dirt hadn’t dissolved into the water while she was sitting down had become mud when mixed with the bath water, and she had gotten VERY dirty in the garden.

You get out a brush and “comb” the mud out of her tail. You have to be extra gently so as not to tug her hair and hurt her. After about fifteen seconds you are ready to shampoo. You squirt some more Golden Harvest shampoo into your hand and scrub it into her tail. It takes another fifteen seconds to get her tail sudsy, and then you are ready to rinse. Maybe just because it worked so well the first time, you get water straight from the faucet for this.

About twelve rinses later, and her tail is clean. This would normally be the part where you would begin to end the bath, but her body is still dirty. You decide that there is no way around it, and get out your brush, ready to scrub.

You start at her head and work your way down, careful to brush all the dirt off her body. After about thirty seconds of this (due to her small size) her whole body is finally clean. You unplug the tub and wait as the water drains out. You hate that you will have to skip playtime, but you don’t want her to play in even slightly dirty water. One last time, you fill your rinsing dish from the tap and pour it over her body, rinsing her totally clean.

You pick her up and set her on the bath mat with you. You reach over and get a nice soft towel and begin drying her off. Once dry, Carrot Top’s carrot top hair is puffy and cute. With your job done, you open the door for her to go play. She smiles and hurries out the door.

You decide to stay and clean up the bathroom, maybe even clean the bath tub. It’s really not THAT dirty, but it will be a nice thing for you to do anyway. You’ve already got everything ready to start when Carrot Top runs around the corner into the room with you.

You notice that she’s bright eyed again, and has another carrot stem sticking out of her mouth. You smile ear to ear, unable to resist, “What is it Carrot Top?” She looks confused, as if it wasn’t obvious that she was giving you the… the um… well it had to be around here somewhere. She remembered having a carrot downstairs, and she also remembered having half a carrot on the way upstairs, and she… OH.

“Well?” you ask just dying to hear the cute response. “I bringed you a carrot but…” Carrot Top looks back down at the leafy green stem hanging out of her mouth. Come to think of it, that part tasted good too… “Om nom nom nom nom.”

Author's Note:

Carrot Top: Lunaverse element of Generosity.

She’ll share her hard earned carrots with you, if they last that long. To be totally fair, if I had to deliver someone a chocolate bar in my mouth, they wouldn’t get it either.