• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 7,100 Views, 404 Comments

Bathtime for Ponies Part 2 - Starry Eyed



It's bathtime AGAIN for some of the young characters, and who else but you gets to wash them? Each filly and colt has a different personality, though, and some of them REALLY hate baths!

  • ...
5
 404
 7,100

The Power Ponies!

Look, up in the sky! It’s a bird, and that’s a plane! But that’s not important right now, because walking down the street is Hum Drum! Shrouded in a mask and a mystery, whose secret identity does the mask hide?

You can’t help but feel both wonderful and stupid at the same time. You’ve been sent into the Comic World to rescue your friends the mane six, after they were once again dragged into the mysterious superhero world within the enchanted pages. They would have sent Spike instead, but this is a job only you can handle.

The Power Ponies have all been turned into foals by the Mane-iac’s most recent diabolical invention: pacification gel! It pacifies anyone it touches by turning them into back into foals, but won’t work on you because you are a human, and thus, were never a foal (there’s always a catch isn’t there?). The only way to reverse the effect is to wash the gel out of the ponies’ manes.

As said, you feel great getting to be a demi-superhero, but feel stupid, nopony isn’t going to realize you’re not the same person (or in this case dragon) who normally aids the Power Ponies.

“Look, it’s Hum Drum! Save us Hum Drum, you’re our last hope!”

Seriously? Nopony notices the difference? Well fine, comic logic.

But now isn’t the time to think about how logical comics are. Washing normal little foals as proven many times to be very difficult, so washing six superpowered ponies who all hate baths is going to take some real superhero cunning. You begin planning exactly how you’re going to go about this.

But our fearless Hum Drum isn’t given the time or safety to contemplate the next move, because the one pony Hum Drum most feared meeting is unfortunately the very first one to be found!

You stare down the daunting task of washing Saddle Rager, who is already morphed up into her full berserker mode. Given that she’s a foal, she’s not even close to as large, but she’s easily larger than a full grown Bulk Biceps, and she just got hit by a bus. That bus is definitely not going to be ok.

Saddle Rager locks her sights on Hum Drum, somehow knowing that an attempt at a bath is being contemplated. Even with her decreased size, she squints her eyes in distain and throws the bus’s remains away one hooved, out of anypony’s sight. She moves in after her old friend.

“Saddle… Rager… No… Take… BATH!!!”

All plans or thoughts of plans are abandoned to the wind as you run screaming for your life as fast as you can! This is definitely not in your contract!

As Hum Drum runs scared, even turned into a foal, Saddle Rager’s crime fighting instinct to chase down the villain kicks in, and with stomps of fury that shatter the pavement, she charges after the lone hero! Hum Drum takes advantage of the ability to take quick turns and runs terrified for dear life, ducking into alleys and cutting corners. But things take a turn for the worst when Hum runs straight out into the open, nowhere left to hide! Saddle Rager runs right through the nearest building, spitting out a steel beam that she collected in the wall. She turns to our hero:

“WILL! NOT! TAKE! BATH!!!”

“That’s totally fine! Stay dirty! Feel free to roll in mud! Stay up late and eat junk-food if you want!”

But the chase continues! No matter how fast Hum Drum runs, Saddle Rager is always gaining. But suddenly, Hum Drum notices an automatic car wash! Realizing that if a bus won’t hurt her, the wash won’t, Hum Drum runs straight through it, dodging and weaving like a master ninja! (Or a scared fool, take your pick).

Taking no notice Saddle Rager follows through, thus washing out the gel, reverting to her normal age and form and mindset, and might one add: she’s now very, very clean.

“Umm… Sitter… I’ll never mention this if you won’t.”

“Uh… hahahaha… that’s ok Fluttershy… I don’t ever want to remember this either.”

But the job is far from done, without her anger; Saddle Rager is the weakest of the Power Ponies, and the least likely to be able to help our would-be-hero! Hum Drum is still practically alone in the quest to save Maretropolis, and the next Power Pony turned foal is in the nearby parking lot, even at a young age, pushing her powers and wits to the limits!

“You call that pushing her powers and wits to the limits Narrator? Applejack is just using her power to jump rope. It’s totally adorable really.”

Stop going out of character Sitter… I mean… Hum Drum.

You pick up some cleaning supplies that are conveniently next to the car wash and approach Applejack, or in this case Mistress Mare-velous. She is cutely jumping rope and singing a cute baby-talk version of the “Apples to the Core” song that just makes your heart melt, but you have a job to do.

Upon seeing Hum Drum, Mistress Mare-velous stops her fun and games and goes on the offensive, cracking her rope like a whip and puffing up her face to look as big as possible while demanding, “No Baffs!” Even Saddle Rager is unsure how they will prevail, but Hum Drum has a brilliant yet risky solution!

“Miss Mare-velous, I bet you I can jump rope a hundred times in a row. If I lose, I’ll dump this bucket of water on my head. But if I win, you have to, and I won’t get it in your eyes.”

Mistress Mare-velous thinks about it for a while, but unable to turn down a challenge, she accepts. Even spinning the rope both ways, Hum Drum still manages to complete the task, and unable to break a promise, Mistress Mare-velous is washed!

“What in tarnan… Oh, well that was weird. Thanks Sitter.”

“No problem Applejack.”

“Consequently, how did you know you could win that challenge?”

“Are you kidding? I’m a foalsitter. Being able to keep up with foals and all their games for hours at a time is the job description.”

Fluttershy interrupts, “Umm… I hope tea parties are part of that, because it’s about to come in handy.”

Saddle Rager was right of course, because in the comic world, everything is either extremely convenient or extremely inconvenient, and in this case the former! Radiance sits just across the street, sipping down Darjeeling with her conjured dolls, Marie Antoinette... and her little sister, oh, and a conjured Buzz Lightyear.

You and the two Power Ponies make your way over to her, but upon seeing you, she conjures up a steel box around herself, which is in a castle with cannons, inside a moat filled with sharks, inside a barbed wire fence, inside a magical done, inside a dirt circle, with a sign saying, “Deaf-init-lee not Radincy is home, NOPE.”

After laughing hysterically at the sign, you ask Fluttershy if there is any way she can be mad just enough to get through the defenses. She never has time to tell you no though, as suddenly a tunnel is formed through the blockades and Rarity comes running and screaming to you where she hugs on to your leg for dear life. She shocks both of you until Applejack makes the rope slitter up to you like a snake from out of the fort. You start to scold Applejack, but realize that sometimes the nice thing isn’t the kindest thing, Breezies all over again.

And so, Hum Drum washes Radiance’s mane, reverting her to normal, and thus restoring half of the Power Ponies! But even with this milestone, the remaining ponies will arguably be the hardest to wash!

“Thank you Sitter darling, but the narrator is right, how are we going to wash the others, especially Pinkie Pie?”

“Well, I’ll need your help to wash her Rarity, but getting her here is easy.”

Three ponies ask together, “It is?”

You place your hand on your stomach, and take out your wallet, “Oh somepony help. I have all this money to buy cupcakes with, and want one so much I’d share at least half of them, if only some…”

But our hero of the hour never got to finish that statement, because at unfathomable speeds, Hum Drums Wallet was swished out of hand, appeared in the nearest Bakery, and a little pony with a tray of cupcakes materialized in Hum Drum’s lap! And all before anyone saw anything!

“Fili-Second, I don’t want to wash you, not at all.” You say before she can figure it out and run away, “But I don’t think that you’re really as fast as you claim, want to race me?”

Fili-Second isn’t about to be outdone by Hum Drum in a race, and gets on the mark, ready to run! With both of them ready to run, Hum Drum counts down, and the race begins!

“Sitter, you know you ain’t got any chance of catching up to her, right?”

“Yeah I know.” You say as you stop running. “Rarity, could you conjure a ball of soapy water right about… there, and make it on a checkered line if possible?”

“It’s already done darling, but I don’t see how…”

Meanwhile! Fili-Second has been running as fast as she possibly can, without even realizing that, with the exception of dodging obstacles, has run perfectly straight. In mere moments, young Fili-Second has run all the way around the earth! Not one to pass up a checkered line, or a chance to cannon-ball, Fili-Second dives straight into the ball of bathwater! The sheer speed of the transaction evaporates the water and literally steam-cleans the young foal, thus reverting her to normal!

“Oh wow, cool! That was really smart Sitter, you know I can’t turn down a cannon-ball! I thought you’d never be able to wash me.”

“Thanks Pinkie, but your power is going to be necessary to wash those other two. Now I need you to get me some proper shampoo, and something to help you catapult yourself at Dash.”

ZIP! “Here you go Sitter, best shampoo for superheroes.”

Fili-Second was right! For she had recovered the finest shampoo in the superhero world Thor- éal, because justice is worth it!

“Really?”

Or how about this: maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s niegh- belline!

“That’s not even the same brand.”

But the time for comic relief was over, as Zapp made her way into town, riding a thunderbolt, which was riding a tornado, which was riding a tidal wave! You will never be that awesome!

“Tah be fair, that sounds exactly like somethin that Rainbow would do.”

“Pinkie, we need Fili-Second’s speed for this one, we can’t draw this out any amount of time.”

“Okie Dokie Loki”

No Pinkie, wrong comic, Loki isn’t in this one!

“Well he should be!”

And with that, Fili-Second shot off so fast she was able to run up the drafts of the cyclone, before bringing down a blow of justice, and hot water, onto Zapp!

The reunited ponies stood silent a second or two before Rainbow broke the silence, “You all have to admit, that was pretty awesome.”

You roll your eyes collectively, and have Rainbow use her power to whisk you all off after Pinkie in attempt to find the last Power Pony. When you all find her, you all “Daww” collectively. Twilight has her uniform on, but the Masked Matter-Horn’s mask didn’t shrink with her, and it’s cutely too big for her to wear.

“Alright, I got this one.”

“No Pinkie Pie, she’s got the mask on. If you speed wash her, it might pull her mane too hard.”

“Oh dear darling, we don’t want to hurt her. What should we do?”

“Leave it to me.”

The Masked Matter-Horn sees Hum Drum Approaching, Thor- éal in hand. She doesn’t want anything to do with a bath, and begins channeling up snow and ice that even her adult form can’t handle. She unleashes a cold wave, and commands Hum Drum to release the Shampoo, though admittedly in her own icy way.

“Let it go, wet it go! We-wease da shampoo! Let it go, wet it go! It’s a no-can-do! I don’t cawe, what you say, let me pway on! The dirt never bothered me anyway!”

You make your way against the cold until Twilight can see that it physically hurts you. She didn’t mean to hurt you, and the ice melts away, just like your heart at seeing her apologize. “Sowy sitter.”

“I knew you’d do the right thing Twilight, I’ve always believed in a foal’s innocence. Besides, I wasn’t going to use Thor- éal on you.”

She sniffles, unaware that the melted ice means that you are both now standing her-foal-height chest deep in water, “Really?”

“Yeah, Mane-iac may be a good inventor, but so are you!”

You pull out a bottle of the magic shampoo that Twilight made you, and squirt a glob of it into the water! The resulting over-concentration of the highly volatile shampoo explodes in a massive wave of cleansing bubbles.

Fili-Second looks on, brokenhearted at the loss of her friends.

“NOOO!!! Oh why? We’ll never forget you!”

But then, from out of the bubbles, to brave figures begin to reappear!

“You’re ok!”

“Oh course Pinkie, it was just bubbles, no need to be dramatic.”

Oh come on! None of you have stayed in character any of the time!

“Spike? Is that you, what happened to your voice, why is it so deep?”

No, this is the narrator, pay no attention to the dragon behind the curtain.

Twilight facehooves and everyone else shares a laugh. “Well I guess all’s well that ends well, let’s go home.”

Not so fast, you can’t go home until you defeat, her!

You turn to see the greatest, most evil villain of all time! You’ve bathed Nightmare Moon, Discord, Sombra, and would gladly wash them all again to avoid this. You’ve never seen anything so evil, so terrifying. You literally break down and sob right there at the very sight of her!

“No… No… NO! It’s too horrible, it’s too wicked, it’s… it’s…

It’s just as long even though she’s a foal! So much mane! It’s everywhere, it’ll take hours to scrub it all, it’s every foalsitters absolute worst nightmare! WHY?!”

“Really sitter? This is the worst you’ve ever encountered?”

“You just don’t understand, we’ll never get that washed!”

“We will. We’ll all wash it, together! Power Ponies… GO!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With yet another day saved our heroes returned home, but may have caused something bigger than they realized, for in the shadows is another hero, one that is all of them and none of them: Mare-Do-Well! Who is this mysterious figure, who is behind the mask? Tune in next week, for the shocking reveal!

Author's Note:

To Celebrate Memorial Day, a day we celebrate real heroes, I thought I would tribute our pony heroes. Bruce Mane is coming next, and later this week, Mare-Do-Well. Do your best to figure out who is behind the mask!

This chapter was particularly hard to write without using gendered words. Hum Drum is a guy, but as a second person story, I must assume you can be either gender, and had to go back and edit a bit. Hope you like it.

Oh, if you haven't seen, "How it should have ended" particularly the ongoing bit with the superhero café, look it up, I reference it a bit in the next chapter.

Comments ( 9 )

Bruce will be hard to wash because he's Batman

This is best chapter!

4455100 Or in this case, Bat Stallion.

4455757 yeah...I'm guessing pony Alfred will be showing up?

4458805

Oh Simple: this is the Bat-Mane!

img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140110165813/mlp/images/thumb/4/4b/Sir_Pony_Moore_ID_S03E01.png/150px-Sir_Pony_Moore_ID_S03E01.png

Like MANY background ponies, he has no Canon name, and thus goes by many. What else would you expect of the Bat-mane?! I believe he was first seen at the Gala, I know he shock hooves with Twilight Sparkle during the "pony pokie song", there are plenty of batman references of him here and there, but you have to look for them sometimes. Hope that helps. :pinkiehappy:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh (grabs chest and dies from cuteness overload)

Login or register to comment