• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 7,099 Views, 404 Comments

Bathtime for Ponies Part 2 - Starry Eyed



It's bathtime AGAIN for some of the young characters, and who else but you gets to wash them? Each filly and colt has a different personality, though, and some of them REALLY hate baths!

  • ...
5
 404
 7,099

Bon Bon

"Oh! Now it makes sense." You had just finished talking with Bon Bon's parents. Apparently, her mother was from the Apple Family, and had married a stallion candy maker. That seemed to explain why she showed up at so many of the Apple family get togethers.

You wave them goodbye and assure them that you'll take care of everything. It's starting to get late now so you head upstairs to prepare the bath for tonight. You apply the bubblebath formula to the tub as you turn on the hot water. Once the bubbles start to form, you adjust the temperature until it's just right.

Once the bath is ready, you set out to find the young filly. Although Bon Bon is no longer where you left her, you can hear the sound of tiny hooves scampering away. You turn you head just in time to see a pink and teal marbled tail swish around the corner.

You could see that this wasn't going to be easy, but at least it would be cute. You follow the young bath hating pony into the kitchen and look around. You look under the table and all the other obvious places, but there is no sign of Bon Bon, until you notice that one of the lower cabinets is slightly open.

You kneel down in front of the door and open it. Inside there is a mixing bowl that is turned over. You raise the bowl up to reveal a little cream colored filly hiding. Bon Bon puts on a perfect poker face, and gently reaches up to pull the bowl back down. Maybe you didn't see her.

You Daww at how cute that was and gently pull Bon Bon out from under there. She looks up at you in disappointment, but concedes defeat. You carry her to the bathroom and place her in the tub before going back to close the door. With all preparations complete, you assume your regular spot on the mat.

You open your travel bag and get out rocks, wait what? "I didn't put those in my bag!" you say aloud to yourself. You look back to Bon Bon, whom appears to be saying, "Suprise!" in baby talk. You remove the rocks from your bag and get your real supplies out, ready to begin.

You grab the shampoo, deciding to use candied apple scented today, and begin working it into her marbled mane. You initially try to wash the colors separately, but find that there is no difference in the two hair colors other than the color itself. Both are as smooth as silk and as soft as cotton.

You now prepare for the rinsing, and scoop up the warm water. As you pour it over her head, she giggles a little. This makes you want to giggle, but you can't risk accidentally getting soapy water in her eyes. It takes you seven rinses before her hair is totally clean, and smells like sugar and apples.

You now ask her sweetly to lift up her tail so that you can wash it. Although she doesn't yet understand your words, she seems to comprehend that it's now time for her tail to be washed, so she lifts it for you. You thank her and squirt another handful of candied apple shampoo into your hand.

You begin scrubbing the tail, which you now notice is relatively long for a filly. It takes you over a minute to thoroughly scrub all of it. You move on to the rinse cycle, which takes ten scoops to fully remove all the suds.

You get some bath toys for her like you do for every foal you wash. Bon Bon briefly looks them over, but decides she would rather play with her dolls once the bath is over. She can't convey this to you, but you can tell that she doesn't want to play with the bath toys, so you put them away.

Finally, you reach over into the tub and pull out the stopper. Bon Bon lifts herself up on her two hind legs so that you can easily pick her up, which you do with a heartfelt laugh. You place her on the bath mat and dry her off. It takes about half a minute but Bon Bon is totally dry at the end, and smells more like sugar than apples.

She immediately runs over to the door, ready to go back to playing. You get up and open the door for her to go, which she wastes no time with. As Bon Bon runs off to her room to play, you pack up your things and clean the bathroom.

Once downstairs, you pour a glass of assorted fruit juice for both of you. You then head upstairs to find Bon Bon and tell her about it. You look for her in all the upstairs rooms, but you do not find her. You know she's still in the house somewhere, but your babysitter instincts automatically make you worry a little.

You go downstairs calling out for her, but see her sitting in her chair at the table, drinking her juice merrily. You wonder how in Equestria she got up there, but you've seen much weirder things in your time as the sitter, and more importantly are just glad that you found her so easily.

You also notice that she has a stuffed teddy bear with her that you saw advertised on Equestrian TV. They had claimed that it was, "That incredible, amazing doll" but it looked normal to you.

You take your seat at the table and drink your own glass of juice, but notice that it tastes absolutely terrible. You see what the problem is, and look over at Bon Bon accusingly, "Mine's got rocks in it."

Bon Bon doesn't take notice of you, and cutely sips the last of her juice up through the straw. She then giggles to herself. You smile, just glad taht she's so happy. "I guess I'll get both of us a new glass of juice." Bon Bon smiles, and so do you.

Author's Note:

While researching, I found that Bon Bon shows up to a LOT of events that involve the Apple family. I've heard people mention this before, but I don't think she's a direct member of the Apple clan. Maybe just distantly related.

There are three references to Bon Bon speaking in this chapter.

I have become a huge Lunaverse fan, and decided I want to do all the Lunaverse versions of the Elements of Harmony: Trixie, Lyra, Carrot Top, Cherilee, Raindrops, and Ditzy Doo (Whom I consider different from Derpy, a parallel version of her in my mind). Since Trixie, Lyra, and Derpy have already been washed, I decided to wash Bon Bon in place of Lyra, and wash Ditzy Doo as well, counting her as a "new" pony. I will publish one chapter a day this week. Hence: I declare Lunaverse Week!