• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 7,102 Views, 404 Comments

Bathtime for Ponies Part 2 - Starry Eyed



It's bathtime AGAIN for some of the young characters, and who else but you gets to wash them? Each filly and colt has a different personality, though, and some of them REALLY hate baths!

  • ...
5
 404
 7,102

Minuette

You finish filling up the tub with warm water for today’s bath. Satisfied with your task you call out for the foal it was prepared for, “Colgate the bath is ready.” You wait for a few moments only to realize that she wasn’t coming. You almost decide to go find her until you realize that at this point in her life, nopony had given her that nickname yet. You facepalm at your mistake, and try again, “Minuette the bath is ready.” You patiently wait, and after a moment or so your patience is rewarded with the sound of hooves softly bouncing your way.

Little Minuette skips along into the room and smiles. Most people, or ponies, that saw this would only notice that it was cute; but you knew better. “Why that’s a beautiful smile Minuette, your teeth are coming in nicely.” Minuette bounces in place with a laugh warm enough to melt any sorrow, as proud as if she had raised the sun. You join her in the laughing fit, and then motion toward the bath. Unlike most of the foals you take care of, she for one is more than happy to have it. She always did like feeling clean.

You lift her into the tub and close the door before returning and beginning the bath. You pour some minty fresh scented shampoo into your palm and begin scrubbing her mane. This only lasts a moment before she pulls away. You look at her, wordlessly asking what you did wrong. She liked the first bath you had given her.

Minuette point her hoof to your travel bag. The first time you washed her, she had gotten into some mud, and you had used your brush to wash her. “You want me to use the brush again? There’s really no need to…” but you never finished that thought. Her little sapphire eyes were pleading with you, begging almost.

Defeated once again by the power of foal’s cuteness, you get out the scrubbing brush and start brushing her hair. Happy to have gotten her wish, Minuette laughs once triumphantly. It takes you slightly under a minute to lather her mane this way for no reason other than you’re not used to shampooing anypony with the brush. You set the brush carefully on the rim of the tub so that it won’t fall into the tub or onto the floor. Now that your hands are free, you scoop up a handful of water and ladle it over her sudsy mane. Her mane is relatively short, even for a foal, so it only takes six rinses before her mane is squeaky clean.

You ask her sweetly to lift her tail, which she does. You pour some more shampoo into your hand and begin to lather her tail. Once more, she stops you, she likes having her hair brushed. This time however, you cannot relent. A mane can be brushed because her scalp is underneath it, giving you something to apply some pressure to, and thus scrub gently but effectively. The same cannot be done for the tail, not practically, so you have to wash it normally.

Minuette is disappointed at first, but realizes for the first time that fingers are much better for scrubbing than hooves, and quickly decides she likes it. You are glad she does, but because her tail is so long, it takes almost a minute to lather. You kind of hope she’ll sit down and rinse her tail herself, but you’re not that lucky. You proceed to scoop up a handful of water and pour it over her toothpaste colored tail. It takes twelve rinse cycles to get the suds out of so long a tail, but in the end it’s clean, and you are glad.

You give Minuette the toys and let her play with them. Rather than the boats, she takes to the rubber ducky and seapony for a change. She plays happily with the toys for a while, and you remember that she was (will be, time travel stuff) with Fluttershy’s team taking care of little critters during Winter Wrap Up. She must have empathy for others and for small critters. It could even be why she wants to be a dentist; or could be the fact she is proud of her own teeth, you like to think it’s both.

You get sidetracked in this train of thought longer than you realize, and it’s not until Minuette pats your hand (which is still on the tub’s rim) that your mind returns to the present. She is done playing now and telekinetically hands you all of the toys at once. You might have been amazed that a foal whose teeth were just coming in could magically do that without trying, but not much surprised you anymore. You take the toys and put them on the mat to dry later before putting them back in the bag. You then unplug the tub and pick Minuette up and set her on the mat.

After a few moments of drying, she is squeaky clean. For no particular reason, this bath has ended around the same time you normally would be drawing a bath. This means that you both have quite a while until bedtime, and not much to do. You decide to take her downstairs and give her some dessert, as a reward for being exceptionally well behaved.

You give Minuette her all-time favorite candy: chocolate covered mints. It’s good for your breath, not great for your teeth, and pure scrumdiddlyumptious. After eating the three you allowed her before bed (which was actually six due to her bribing you with cute little eyes) she opens her mouth and gestures to her teeth.

You take her back to the bathroom for the chore that most foals hate, brushing her teeth before bed. Since she is too small to reach even the pony sized sink, she has a little step-stool to stand on. She telekinetically picks up her brush and begins brushing. You remain present only to advise her if necessary, and to be a watchful sitter. She clearly doesn’t need help though, and brushes her teeth for exactly two minutes without looking at a clock. She then pulls a cup to herself and rinses twice.

At this point you think the brushing is over, but she gets out some floss. You don’t want her to hurt her gums, so you do this part. You’ve never flossed anypony before, and her little teeth are barely developed, nothing could get stuck between them. Still you make sure, and after ten seconds of you actually doing nothing the flossing is “done” (despite not having happened).

Minuette now fills her rinsing cup with a fluid you realize is the old timey, full strength, unflavored, undiluted Listerine which she begins to gargle. You can believe anything but this, is this possible? She gargles without complaint or any signs of discomfort for two full minutes before spiting it out. As if it had just been water, she sweetly hops back to the floor and yawns, ready for bed.

You tell her to go ahead, which she does. You clean up the bathroom and start turning everything off for the night. You then decide to brush your own teeth before going to tuck in the light blue filly.

Author's Note:

“Well Starry, high society ponies or schoolfoals, take your pick.”

“Umm… high society.”

“Great, write a chapter for Hoity Toity, Fancy Pants, Fleur, Sapphire Shores, Photo Finish, and Blueblood.”

“Ugh… all of them? In the next few weeks? I’ll run out of ideas. There are only so many ways to rephrase fancy yaknow.”

“Fine, do the schoolfoals instead and get back to the high society.”

“But I’ll need to do Featherweight, Snips and Snails, Sparkler, and any others that I’ve missed; and I've never even read one page on Sparkler.”

(getting annoyed) “Then do Nightmare Moon!”

“I have someone who said they’ll draw art for that, I have to wait.”

“I give up Starry. You haven’t updated in a week DO SOMETHING!”

“Colgate then.”

“That’s random. Fine, write one for Colgate.”

“I will, I like Colgate. Most of this chapter is personally inspired anyway. I love mint chocolate the best, had a stepstool as a kid, actually loved baths, and have always preferred old fashion full strength Listerine. I’m weird that way, but my teeth are perfect.”