• Published 16th Apr 2013
  • 288 Views, 0 Comments

In the Magical Land of Equestria - Tauria



The Royal Pony Sisters have maintained harmony since the first days of their rule, and will continue to do so until their destinies lead them otherwise. Friendships are made, bonds are formed, and everything is happy... magical, even. - One-Shots

  • ...
 0
 288

Choices

Choices

Tauria

"That's it?"

"That's it."

It seemed a little too convenient to Pinkie. If all she had to do was say yes to getting something she'd wanted since she was a filly – something one could only have if they'd been born with it – she figured she'd have had it long ago.

No, there had to be a catch.

"I don't think it would be that easy."

"Oh, but it is, Miss Pie."

It couldn't be that easy. That's why the somepony who was offering was hiding in the shadows; using a dream to communicate with her instead of showing up face to face.

"I know that there has to be something you're not telling me!"

"I suppose there are a couple things I forgot to mention."

"Yeah?"

"You wouldn't be able to walk on clouds, manipulate the weather, or any of those other things pegasi do. The transformation will be painful as well."

"There's more to it than that."

She was irritated. How dare Somepony (as she had taken to calling them, not having a name or a clear gender to go on) try to not fully answer her questions!

"Show me a glimpse of the future! Show me what will happen if I go with your offer!"

"My magic is limited, Miss Pie. I'm already using a considerable sum by entering your dreams."

Pinkie wanted to groan. She liked gifts as much as the next pony, but something was up with Somepony (if they were even a pony at all!). Not only was it a little too convenient that they could give her wings, but it was also convenient that Somepony couldn't show her the future either!

"I'm only going to be here until morning, you know."

"Can you show me what I look like using the dream?"

"…"

Pinkie felt a little smug, unable to hold back a triumphant smirk. Rendering Somepony speechless likely meant that she had stumbled upon something they could do.

"Surely, if there's nothing wrong you could show me!"

"…fine."

Pinkie could feel the wings as they appeared on her back. They felt strange; wrong, even. But perhaps that was to be expected. She had been born as an earth pony, after all.

She stretched them experimentally, and tensed as if she was going to go flying. But something spurred her to look behind her, at the new appendages sticking out from her back.

"Hey!"

She was pink. She had always been pink, even if she had been a duller shade of pink when she was growing up.

Her wings however, were not pink.

They were cyan, and seamlessly attached to her back. In fact, one might believe that she's been born with them, from how well they "fit".

"These aren't mine!"

"Of course they aren't! I mean, did you really believe I could make something from nothing? Well, I can't! I can, however, take them from somepony."

"I refuse!"

"Fine!"

And the wings became yellow.

"No!"

Then purple.

"No!"

Now white.

"Hey!"

Now dark blue.

"Stop! I don't want wings at all!"

"But I thought that was what you wanted?"

Yes. It was something she wanted. But not if it meant taking them from somepony else. That wasn't fair, especially if she took it from one of her friends.

"Yes. It is what I want. But not... not like this. Not if somepony else loses their wings. That's not fair to them, or to me."

She would forever be plagued with guilt over stealing another's wings. She wouldn't be able to live with herself.

"So be it."

Pinkie woke up. She was her normal, earth pony self.

She was happy this way, even if she dreamed of wings. Even if sometimes she was jealous of those who had wings.

She was happy, on the ground, doing what she loved.

Author's Note:

So, I was working on another fic (which is going to be multi-chaptered, or a long one-shot) when I was randomly attacked with this idea.

Second Pinkie fic, but something feels off to me about this one. I still like it... just, something is off. Anyone know what it is, because I sure as hay do not.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment