• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 1,368 Views, 15 Comments

Lola the Triffid and The Case of The Joy Taker - The One and only One



Meet Lola, she is Twilight's favorite plant in the world, until one day after an experiment goes wrong.

  • ...
5
 15
 1,368

Morning

Author's Note:

There will be logs at the beginning of some chapters and will have a more significant use later on. Also I will not do any other works until this story is done and out of the way.

P.S. Computer is broken so I will be using my iPod for until my computer is fixed, which means that new chapters will be unedited and short.

Professor Electro-light's Journal Entry

Journal Log

It has been three days since we have returned to Ponyville. It has expanded a lot since I last saw it, its more like a small city then a town now, full of ponies, flood, changelings, griffins, etc and its still growing. Sweet Apple Acres has grown to accommodate the growing population. What from I hear everything changed after Nightmare Night when it was finally decided that the first Equestrian-Changeling colony would be Ponyville, both Princess Twilight and Queen Chrysalis took no time in getting the funds to build new structures, both changeling and equine in design. Most of the original town still exists, with the city part surrounding it. The CMC has grown into a full out organization, so far as 52 members, they even have their own building just for meetings. Oh some more good news, the original founders (Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo) have gotten their cutie marks, Apple Bloom's has to do with creativity, she can almost make anything out of nothing. Sweetie Belle's is about singing, but I have also noticed she is able to throw her voice anywhere in a room. Last is Scootaloo, her special talent is maneuvering on her scooter and without her scooter.Even though they have their cutie marks, they seem to still have problems at school, Diamond Tiara herself has gained her own group of bullies and continue to make fun of the three. I think she enjoys being cruel.

P.S. I swear Pinkie's cupcakes are getting tastier every time I go over to see her.

Log End

End of Journal Entry

"Our cities are running low on supplies due to its continuous growth. Ponyville cannot survive too long without a new supply of water." said Queen Chrysalis, Queen of the changelings.

"We need to act. The zebracans are also crippling supply trains to multiple establishments. Their fear of the changelings and the floodlings is causing Equestria great despair." said high adviser Cocoon.

"We can't exactly do much against them. That will start a war and half of us are married to nobility. This will only cause further complications." said Duchess Metamorphosis. Over the past couple of days she was able to get a good amount of changelings working in orphanages, hospitals, and terminal wards.

"Ladies, let us stay calm, please. I've dealt with similar problems before and these zebras aren't much different. The solution is a simple collaboration with our Equestrian partners." said Chrysalis with an air of calmness.

"What do you purpose my Queen?" asked Cocoon.

"We work with the Princesses and work on a law to outlaw acts against the changelings, and severe penalty to damage against supply trains. We will even place guards on them if need is be." said Chrysalis, sitting back into her throne. She turned to the recently created Flood Ambassador and smiled.

"Queen Chrysalis I already know what to do, but what is this the best route to take when considering punishment?" asked the ambassador.

"Well, a few years jail time is sufficient due to the fact we don't want to give a worse name for ourselves as it already exists. It should be equal to attempted murder charges since the supply trains govern the lives of countless changelings, ponies, and floodlings living in Equestria.ā€ replied Chrysalis.

"Going back to the point of not wanting to worsen the names of both our species, we should make it a lesser sentence in some way and sentence according to damage. This could prove as an efficient punishment to help lessen raids as well as keep our name somewhat clean." finished the floodling. Chrysalis chuckled.

"And the right choice indeed. Learning quite fast, my friend. Now, I will speak with Twilight, then with Celestia and Luna on this proposal. Hopefully if this goes to plan, we should be able to get regular supplies back to the cities. You are dismissed." said Chrysalis, standing while the floodling turned and left the room.

"Do you think we took the right path to go on for this situation my Queen?" asked Cocoon, following Chrysalis out of the meeting hall and back into the hallways of the castle.

"There is not much else we could have done short of declaring war on the Zebras, which is just insane. Do you know how hard blood is to get off of chitin." said Chrysalis, earning a giggle from her adviser.

"I have not once seen you raise a hoof against anypony. I doubt even you know how difficult it is." said Cocoon. She stopped in front of the hall doors, however, when she noticed the sad, faraway look Chrysalis had on her face. "My Queen, are you all right?" Chrysalis shook her head and looked at her adviser.

"For some reason I get the feeling that something terrible has happened." said Chrysalis, trying to keep her discomfort hidden.

Just then the hall doors burst open with Mare Mayor, charging like a mad mare, crashing in to both Chrysalis and Cocoon.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, please forgive me!" said Mare Mayor, as she tried to help the Queen get back on her feet.

Chrysalis looked at the mare and smiled, "Its alright, I shouldn't have been standing in front of the doors. But why are running around like its the end of the world?"

"Something horrible has happened at the Filthy Rich residence and I can't find Princess Twilight anywhere!" replied Mare Mayor as she sat down in defeat.

Chrysalis could see that the mare was tired and needed some rest, "I'll get Princess Twilight, she's probably in the library section. You go and get some sleep, you need it."

The mayor looked up at the Changeling Queen, "But your highness!"

Chrysalis gave the mare a stern look, "No buts, you look absolutely tired and need your rest. Cocoon, get the mayor a room while I handle the situation."

=====

Chrysalis rose up and leaned into Twilight again, nibbling her ear and drape of her neck. Twilight gently whimpered into her gag, and Chrysalis came round the front and took the blindfold off the Alicorn so she could read Twilight's expression~

"Twilight!" yelled Chrysalis as she barged through the Library door, her response was the unexpected scream and thud of a once sleeping Twilight tipping her chair backwards and falling onto the floor.

The Queen froze, "Sorry, Iā€™m so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you like that!ā€ the Queen looked deeply into Twilight eyes. Twilight looked back at the Queen, and saw the genuine regret in the changeling's face. Twilight just nodded a little and Chrysalis blew a sigh of relief.

The changeling scolded herself for what she just did ā€“ one of the main rules of the whole peace treaty, was that she was never to anything to startle the Princesses, because the guards may take it as an act of aggression. Shape changing was also out of the question unless approved by one of the four Princesses or Shining Armour, unless lives depended on it.

Before she could start to over analyze the action she just did she was interrupted by Twilight, "Yes Chrysalis?"

The changeling regained her stiffened pose, "It seems we have...a situation."

=====

The pair flew in silence the short journey to the Filthy Rich residence where the crime had been committed. It was somewhat difficult to find due to the resent growth of the small town. The pair landed just outside the gates, and Twilight walked through the just visible shield that was now surrounding the area in order to keep the media from entering the building so Twilight could perform a proper investigation of the crime.

Comments ( 2 )

UPDATE PLEASE, I SEE MORE Chrytwi

Did the name of the plant's species come from the ever-classic novel by John Wyndham? If so, great reference, and I hope that people who see this story get curious about triffids.

Login or register to comment