• Published 12th Mar 2013
  • 16,320 Views, 600 Comments

Visual Prowess - UgalaaWriter



During The Fourth Great Ninja War, Sasuke is transported to Equestria. Longer summary in description.

  • ...
48
 600
 16,320

See Ya At The Fight

Celestia quivered as she sat on her throne. Her crown was there, as normal; her rainbow mane blew, as if in an invisible breeze. Ponies in her throne room bowed to her, and, at first glance, you’d think that she felt normal; no, that she felt great. That’s what anyone or anypony would assume, after all. She attempted to sit dignified and let nopony notice what was actually going on- it didn’t seem that anypony had noticed yet, anyway.

Celestia did not feel great.

She didn’t feel great, she didn’t even feel normal. Ever since a few days back- when Sasuke had shown her things with those eyes of his, she’d been unable to stay the same. They’d constantly been in her mind during the day, and were in her nightmares at night- it was like she was unable to escape them. It was almost humorous in a way, because she was having nightmares and being haunted by somepony else’s tragic memories- they weren’t even her own bad memories. She’d simply seen them through the eyes of another.

That didn’t make it any better, though.

“Princess? Princess Celestia?”

What?

It was almost like she was out of it- she shook her head a few times, mane splitting wildly as she did so, flowing out behind her, majestic. There was a small pony there, sitting beneath her, bowing, and Celestia had to focus as the pony again asked her.

“Princess, what should we do about the tax? Lower it or raise it?”

She’d hardly been paying attention to discussion- the massacre, and all the other things that she’d seen while she’d been taking a trip inside of Sasuke’s mind, were weighing down on her too much. She replied and tried to regain her focus as the pony walked away. The guards didn’t seem to notice anything, as they stood vigiliant and unwavering, but she wasn’t worried about the guards. She simply didn’t want anypony to know what she’d witnessed.

It was a strange desire- she wanted to keep their minds clear of what she had to now live with knowing. If they recognized her as sick or in some way ill, whether it was physically or mentally, they’d want to know why, and eventually, she’d have to tell them. Then they’d go in a rampage, probably all going after Sasuke, meanwhile, not even listening to how Celestia was trying to explain that it wasn’t her fault.

Basically, she didn’t want Sasuke to pay for her own weakness.

He’d had to live with this for years- and had actually experienced it himself; meanwhile, Celestia was almost breaking down only a few days after having witnessed it. She supposed that this was how Sasuke had gone so cold and angry- and although he was supposedly getting better now, or so she’d heard, from sources that she had- he still would probably never forgive the Leaf for what had been done. She didn’t blame him; after seeing what they’d done, she’d sort of hated the Leaf too- even if it wasn’t her that they’d ruined.

Sasuke’s life would never be the same because of what they did- and, they hadn’t even tried to end the rebellion peacefully; no, let’s just have the clan heir slaughter his own clan. It was completely within the realm of possibility to kill off the shinobi of the clan and leave most of the civilians and weaker shinobi alive- that way, the Uchiha could still exist, and perhaps, in a long time, recover- but now, with Sasuke the only person alive, and stuck here, in Equestria, the chances of the Uchiha ever coming back were very, very low.

There wasn’t much more to see to during day court; and soon, everypony else was gone. All that was left was Celestia sitting on her throne, with light streaming into the window and landing directly in front of her throne. While it may have looked majestic or regal, she knew that she was barely calm as she struggled to maintain an outer composure. More than once today she’d already felt like screaming.

She wondered how Sasuke had dealt with it- well, she’d seen how.

Years of solitude and brooding, of dreaming of reviving his clan and killing Itachi- certainly not healthy dreams that any boy should have. Even though she still hadn’t seen too much of his world- he’d only shown her the major points of his life, after all, she knew that it wasn’t normal. He’d grown his heart cold because it was the only way to handle the pain, and now he had trouble warming it up again after it was all over.

After some time of consideration, she thought that she might go and talk to Sasuke about it. At the very least, he’d probably tell her more about himself, or give her a way to deal with what she was remembering, over and over- especially considering they were his memories, anyway. With this decided, she left her throne and soon flew off, by herself- she didn’t feel like having a royal entourage today.

_________________________

Sasuke felt better.

That was the easiest way to sum it up. Ever since he’d cried, the voices had stopped.

He no longer felt such… guilt, on his heart, weighing him down, like a rock.

It was so strange, to feel so free. He walked around Ponyville, and in general, was just more upbeat, more positive and cheerful, and didn’t lash out at everything around him in his pain. He didn’t think that anything could ruin it.

He still didn’t want to go back to the Leaf Village, and he still hated it- but he didn’t think that would ever change. Sasuke had accepted that fact and instead decided to simply live far away from the Leaf Village- and here was probably the farthest he could go to get away. It was literally isolated by dimensions, and Sasuke figured that it was probably the best he could get, so he’d probably stay here, at least for now.

He had no idea what had changed him- maybe it had been the ponies all together, maybe it had only been a select five or six, or maybe it had just been that one cry when it was dark, not even a day or two ago- but he was more grateful than ever to the ponies for what they’d helped him do- what he’d been unable to do on his own.

That was, heal.

Heal.

Heal from all the emotional pain he’d been through over the years- drop off the baggage, and move on with his life. In general, just stop carrying on and continue to hurt over something that was in the past, over with, and wasn’t susceptible to change. He hadn’t been able to do it before, though- for whatever reason, something had been holding him down. Maybe it had been his pride and that had broken when he’d cried in front of ponies, because now he felt a lot more humble. Or maybe the tears had simply been the catalyst, and he’d already nearly been healed from the experience for days now.

To Sasuke, it didn’t really matter so much. He was just glad that he could live without the pain. It had hurt so much, in hindsight, but before, when he’d been in that darkness- he’d clutched onto the pain for his life, and simply went where it had led him- his pain had ended up being one of the only things he could trust in his shitty life, especially back in the Elemental Nations. He wondered if he’d ever return there. He could- he might even be able to forgive the Leaf, someday. He doubted it would happen, but he could try.

Though, he didn’t think it would work.

He didn’t want to push his chances. Still, even after all this change, and feeling much better, as he did, there was still an old, familiar, burning hatred for the Leaf that still somehow found a place inside of his heart. He wasn’t sure how it stayed there- perhaps it was so powerful that it wasn’t able to be removed. But whatever the case was, he didn’t particularly want to go back to the Leaf village- at least not right away.

But maybe someday.

He saw the world in a much more light-hearted way, now- he could still kill, and he knew that he surely could, but now he’d feel bad about it. Now, he wouldn’t want to do it- even if it was an easier solution, he’d do something else to avoid doing it, and only kill when it was absolutely necessary. Sasuke both knew and felt that he’d really changed, and it was taking root in every aspect of his life.

Even when Pinkie had been talking to him earlier, it wasn’t like a few days ago, before his ephiphany. Now, she was an actual friend to him- instead of an annoying horse like he’d always thought before. Even when she’d asked him if they were still friends, he’d responded positively- and the best part about all of it was that it had been easy to respond- and he hadn’t been lying, he’d been completely, utterly, sincere.

“Sasss-kay! Are we still friends, Sasuke! I never threw you a party or anything, and then all that bad stuff happened, and you were being a meany some of the time so I almost didn’t want to, but now I WANT TO!”

The cheerful mare bounced, full of joy, up and down, excited, and Sasuke couldn’t help but to laugh.

“Yes, Pinkie. We’re friends,” he’d said, grinning. And he hadn’t forced the grin.

It wasn’t how he used to be- and he relished the feeling as he walked around Ponyville. He wasn’t even talking to anyone- simply, he was enjoying the day. It was something he found possible, now- enjoy the day without dreaming of revenge and satisfying his deep hatred.

It was wonderful.

Sasuke loitered and laid around in the sun, being completely lazy. There wasn’t much to do, but he decided that being lazy could be a start. He’d never had time for it before, so why not now? There was no point in pushing himself to train- he had nothing to train for. There was no point in doing any ridiculous, hard work- though he could see himself working on Applejack’s farm for money when he decided that he needed it.

No reason to cause himself stress if he didn’t need to, and so he didn’t, and he simply enjoyed rather simple pleasures as he laid in the sun, watched foals play, and in general, thoroughly enjoyed the harmony that Equestria had. It was different than the Elemental Nations- no one was mean, at least, not usually. There were no wars and criminals were an extremely rare thing in these lands, as he’d come to know.

It was, in a way, paradise.

He’d remembered that Celestia had offered him a position in the military. While he had no desire or need to go running off and killing again, Sasuke could see himself protecting others, easily. Ponies or people, it didn’t really matter to him- and, at this point, he was staring to like ponies more than people. They were much more forgiving, and, from what he’d seen so far, in general, they were also smarter and kinder, as well. He doubted he’d be forgiven for his crimes so easily in his old homeland.

He was surprised when Celestia visited him, without any warning.

She dropped down out of the sky, majestic and regal. He watched as the ponies hurriedly bowed- although they were getting used seeing royalty around here because of how much they’d been visiting, they still prostrated themselves in reverence to the pony who was, to them, the paragon of kindness and harmony. Her rainbow mane flew out behind her, and her crown was positioned correctly on her head.

Sasuke could tell, though. He was good at reading people- or ponies, in this case.

Just as he had been, she was disturbed, by something. It didn’t mean that it would be easy to figure out what it was or how to get rid of it, but it didn’t matter. Sasuke could still see it. He saw the look in her eyes, a slightly fearful twinkle that was only barely noticeable. It was one of the only giveaways to an otherwise completely calm and confident Princess of Equestria. Sasuke watched and waited as she approached him.

“Hello, Sasuke. You look better than usual.”

You got that right.

“It’s in no small part because of you,” he answered, with a smile.

“What do you mean?” She asked, confused.

She’d come here with hope of asking for advice- and hopefully getting some form of answer. She wanted to know how to deal with what she’d seen, and she figured that he’d have the answer, because she felt that she was going to go insane if she didn’t find out a way to deal with it right now. She was distracted, though, by Sasuke’s demeanor. He seemed so happy, it was strange- not bad strange, though, good strange.

She’d only ever known him to be cold and almost completely heartless- he’d started changing, but she didn’t think that it would be so rapid- after all, she’d witnessed his downfall. She’d watched as he went from a happy kid-loving his mother, being jealous of and competing with his brother, and constantly trying to gain the affection and attention of his father; all he’d wanted when he was younger was to impress him.

He’d shown her that. And then she’d watched as that fateful night damned him to years of cold, terrible hatred; and indeed, she’d watched as the boy had fell from the high places that he’d previously occupied. It had been such a sad thing to see- to watch as someone with such a bright future changed it to something so dark, only of their own volition, but because of the influence of other people.

It was a good, interesting change, to see him smiling. She wanted to know why he’d changed, and it was a good thing, then, that he seemed to be more than willing to answer her.

“I’ve changed while I was here, Celestia,” Sasuke admitted, turning away and staring across Ponyville- at all of the innocent minds living their lives, many of them still bowing or otherwise showing respect towards the Princess, “I’m not the same as I used to be. You can probably tell by how I’m acting, though.”

A quick nod from her confirmed that, but she still had a confused, even if happy, smile on her face. It was great that he’d changed, but what was different?

“After having so much hatred in my heart- and holding onto so much anger, and bitterness, and all of terrible feelings that stayed inside of me so long… I just… let go, I suppose. I don’t know. I don’t really want to talk about what made me realize that I had to do it. Even if my time in this place has humbled me to a degree, I still have some of my old Uchiha pride left, and I don’t think that it’s ever really going to go away.”

“But, that’s what it was, I suppose. I let go. I realized that everything that had happened to me or had been done to me was in the past, and there was no point in moping around about it and hating what had become my life- because, even if I was almost justified to be a heartless, miserable monster, it didn’t mean I shouldn’t try to put everything behind me and try to grow into something more.”

“And, I guess that’s what happened. I’ve grown… into something more,” he finished.

“That’s… interesting,” Celestia said, wondering if the same thing was true for her. If she could just… drop it all off, and try to forget about it. If Sasuke could, then so could she.

“That’s truthful,” Sasuke corrected, and Celestia didn’t seem to understand for a second, but then just sighed and nodded and went along with it, anyway.

“No, I mean it,” He said, and she looked up to him as he continued talking, “I really mean it- that I’m feeling better because I’m putting it all behind me. You should too, whatever it is that’s bothering you, that is. I can see it in your eyes- you’re troubled.”

She widened her eyes for a second, but then shut them, and giggled. Sasuke looked confused, but she held up a hoof, and then laughed even harder.

“What’s so funny, Princess?” Sasuke asked, with a grin, and Celestia managed to stop laughing for a few moments before she got herself under control- but still, a wide grin broke her face into two imbalanced halves.

“It’s just funny, getting my problems solved by you, after… all that’s happened,” she said, and he understood, nodding before smiling back at her, as well.

“You should stay awhile, Princess,” Sasuke said, and gestured across the expanse of Ponyville, as well as all of the loyal, good citizens, some of which who were still prostrating themselves to her, “I think that it’d be good for you. If there’s something really bothering you, the stress of working all the time is never a helping factor. It’d probably be best for you. I’m serious, you should consider it.”

She glanced out and watched, with deep pride inside her heart, as foals played and parents tended to them; as couples bought supplies or fruits and vegetables for their dinner, and in general, ponies did the normal, menial things in life. It seemed so much more interesting than before- and, even though she had visited a lot recently, she wondered if she was becoming distanced from her ponies.

She realized that it could be true as she watched them. If I visited them more, then it wouldn’t be as much of a surprise to them, and not only that, it wouldn’t make them think that I’m all-powerful, unapproachable, and not even a pony. Ponies, even if they loved her, still shied away from her- and her student had often had that ridiculous, and not to mention completely idiotic idea that she’d banish her if she made a mistake.

Celestia hadn’t even banished anypony in years, and the idea that Twilight thought that about her was more than hurtful. Maybe this was what she’d really been worried about, the whole time? Sasuke’s problems were his own, and she shouldn’t have been so fearful of them- maybe, it was simply what made her realize her own problems. Again, he’d helped her- but this time, he didn’t know it. As he watched the foals play like she did, she realized that he was completely ignorant of what he’d done.

“I wonder if Twilight’s ever going to come back,” Sasuke said.

And, there was that, too.

She’d been trying not to worry about it, but that was probably another thing that had contributed to the nightmares and fears she’d been having of Sasuke’s past. She had no idea where Twilight had gone- she only hoped that she was alive, and that Twilight would return to her, one day. It was a hope that shrinked everyday- after all, they had no idea where she’d gone, and the chances only went down everyday, but still.

There was a decent chance, she supposed, that Twilight had managed to somehow get to Sasuke’s world- and, as such, it would also stand to chance that she could work to finding her way back to Equestria, her home. That did mean though that she’d be living there, amongst Sasuke’s people- and that more than terrified her, it shook her to the core. She wondered if Twilight would even survive such a thing.

Celestia liked to think that she taught her student a lot, and that she was powerful, but she realized that Twilight was even more innocent and clueless about the going-ons of Sasuke’s world than she herself was, and from what she’d seen- again, glimpses, and certainly not everything- she had a good enough idea of his world; at the very least, that people usually weren’t generous, and it was dangerous to travel alone, unless you were a ninja.

Even then, you obviously weren’t safe- as she saw from Sasuke’s memories, and how much death he had witnessed. Being a shinobi didn’t actually mean anything in the long run- plenty of shinobi died fighting other shinobi. It only meant that you were well-trained enough that you had a better chance of survival, but that in no way equated to complete protection- if anything, far from it. She had other thoughts, too.

She also realized that because of how different Twilight was, she’d stick out like a glowing horn. She knew that because of that, Twilight could be targeted specifically- and much easier, as well. Celestia only hoped that she’d taught Twilight enough about magic so that she’d survived- and she reminded herself that she had to stay positive. After all, there was an equal chance that Twilight was alive, and that she’d return, soon or someday…

“Sasuke,” Celestia said, watching her ponies, “did you see where Twilight went?”

Sasuke opened his mouth, then froze and thought about what he was going to say for a moment. He was clearly changing his line of thought. She’d always wondered about that letter thing- and later, had come to realize, as he had, that Twilight hadn’t betrayed him; even as she’d sent the letter, there was no planned plot, she'd never discussed anything of the sort with her student, but that something else had instead happened. Celestia wanted to know what. After a few seconds, he answered, and it raised her hopes a bit.

“As far as I know, it looked like she lost control of her spell, and got transported somewhere else- but that’s all I know. If she ended up in my world… well, you’ve seen my world. You know unlucky she could get there.”

“Yes,” Celestia whispered, looking at the blue sky above, “I know all too well.”

“Hopefully, she’ll come back,” Sasuke offered, but he didn’t think that he was going to make Celestia stop worrying. Celestia replied with a sigh and a short, stiff nod. A moment later, she took to the skies, and soared away- back towards Canterlot, feeling every bit better because of the short journey to speak with Sasuke. It had allievated her problems about his memories, but it had brought up an entire new dilemma- reminding her of her student, as if she hadn’t been worrying enough already.

Sasuke watched her go, until she was out of sight, and then sat down, bored, on the grass. He hoped that he’d helped her. He knew that the ponies were softer than he was- even now, as good as he felt, he still realized that he was harder than them- and that the ponies and their leaders would always be soft, just because that was the way this land worked.

It wasn’t even that soft was bad, not to him, not anymore. It was just the word that fit the place. He wasn’t using it in a condescending manner, or insulting- rather, simply stating it, like a fact- a fact that was true.

“Sasuke!”

Sasuke turned to a small, shrill voice- who did he know that spoke like that?

It turned out it was three he knew that spoke like that- the Cutie Mark Crusaders were waiting when he turned around. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo seemed happy to see him, but Sweetie Belle hid behind the both of them- and she no doubt remembered what he did. He was a little surprised that she was afraid of him, but he remembered that the only thing she’d ever seen him really do was kill another person- and, probably, battle the Princesses.

So it was actually no big surprise that she didn’t really trust him. What he didn’t get was why the other two were braver than her- if anything, all three should’ve been terrified of him for at least a little while longer, if anything. Instead, they seemed eager and Sweetie Belle a little less so, for no real discernable reason. Sasuke decided to investigate this.

“Hello,” he replied, and they seemed excited to even get a response from him.

They squealed- as if they’d already won something- and then proceeded to ask him a question. His face rapidly turned from calm to distraught in a matter of seconds.

“Could you teach us how to be shinobi and use cool moves like you-“

She hadn’t even finished getting the words out of her mouth, but Sasuke was quick to reply- a reply that he was sure they didn’t want. But he didn’t really care about that.

“No,” he said.

They froze up- it was as if they hadn’t even considered that it could be a possible outcome to the scenario they’d all imagined inside their heads.

“But whhyyyyy?” They asked, in an annoying, pestering tone, and Sasuke sighed. He forgot how irritating it could be to deal with children- whether it was human children or foals, it seemed that universally, across dimensions and through all sorts of impossible, kids still had the ability to be annoying- no matter what. It was a natural power, it seemed.

“It isn’t good for you,” he answered, and of course they took it as unfair- in fact, anything but fair. They stomped their hooves, acting like the children they were, and continued to complain.

“Nothing fun or cool or sweet-tasting is ever good for us!” Sweetie Belle complained, and Apple Bloom and Scootaloo readily agreed- as if he could be outvoted by foals, and would have to listen if he was outnumbered in opinion.

It might’ve been a bit jarring, but he decided to go with the quickest solution.

“Sweetie Belle, after I killed that man in front of you, why are you interested in being a ninja?” That was it, right there, and instantly, they all fell silent.

It hit them harder than they realized. Sweetie Belle looked down at her hooves and didn’t move- didn’t speak, didn’t breathe. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo seemed similarly affected, if not to the same intensity as Sweetie Belle.

“I-it’d be pretty coo-“Apple Bloom started, but Sasuke shut her down, right away.

“No, it wouldn’t. Trust me, you don’t want my life. Now, go away, and go grow up to be happy little ponies. Go try to find a more normal cutie mark. You don’t want any one that has anything to deal with shinobi, anyway. It’d be a curse, not a blessing, to be skilled at killing.”

“It isn’t something you desire, and no matter how much you ask, I’m not going to give in. I’m not anyone you know, and I have a much stronger will than they do, so trust me when I say annoying me won’t work, either. Run along, now.”

They seemed to acquiesce, but Apple Bloom stayed behind.

“You don’t understand! For us, Cutie Marks are important, and I want to know what mine is, whatever the cost. If it’s one about killing, then oh well, I’ll-“

“Don’t even try to finish that sentence,” Sasuke breathed, and Apple Bloom stopped on the spot- her tongue bit between her own teeth as she obeyed him. For a few moments, they stood there, and Sasuke almost thought she was going to have the audacity to start again, but she didn’t, and hung her head and her tail, walking away.

“Trust me, kid. It’s not something you want. I’m sure it looks cool and interesting and exciting to you, but… living with what you’ve done is painful. I’m only just now getting over it, even if I had a harder life than most shinobi, it’s still terrible. Go play with your friends,” he muttered. She glared at him, and then turned around, away from him.

She said something, but it was too low for him to hear, and he didn’t bother concentrating harder or asking her what she’d said as she ran away. He was surprised by how brash and bold they were. Maybe they just didn’t understand the gravity of what he did on a daily basis, yet. He remembered that he thought killing would be easy, when he was a kid.

How much of a fucking idiot was I? Did I even have enough brain cells to breathe?

Sasuke sighed, and for the first time in a while, scowled at the sky. He sincerely hoped that they wouldn’t try to do what he’d told them not to. That’d just make it annoying, and he was feeling good for the first time in a long time. He just didn’t feel like dealing with anything at the moment. So, he laid down and stared at the sky, and went back to what he was doing before. Amazingly, nothing interrupted him, for a while.

For a while- and then, eventually, something did.

He heard a pony running past- he thought it was Pinkie, and moments later, his assumption was proven correct when she shoved her face into his and shouted, overjoyed, but said no actual words- just cries of enjoyment and glee that were doing anything but translating the reason for the happiness to Sasuke. He managed to get her away- she did need to learn personal space, as nice as she was- and then he got her to calm down.

Well, he didn’t get Pinkie to calm down- it was more like he waited for her to. She was like a monkey hyped up on sugar, and it took her a few minutes for her breathing to go down past what Sasuke would consider hyperventilating. The permanent, gleeful smile on her face slipped up just enough so that she could communicate.

“Twilight’s back!” She shouted. Instantly, that got his attention. He continued listening to Pinkie as his mind ran away with the information. He wondered how she’d survived. Did she just get lucky? Was it that she was placed into a safe place when she teleported, and she didn’t have a hard time there? Did she even get sent to his world, or somewhere else?

He had to find out. Pinkie Pie continued blabbering about it, over and over, until he heard one tidbit of information that made his eyes widen and his hands clench. Instantly, his eyes turned color- and already, the red design was visible inside of his scarlet irises.

“- and Twilight came back and it made a popping sound- like popcorn, oh I LOVE popcorn- and then this other shinobi, kinda like you Sasuke, was there too, and he looked really important and all serious and stuff and he was looking around-"

He blocked out Pinkie for the time being- and it wasn’t for the sake of cruelty, it was for the ability to concentrate and try to gain some clarity on the situation. It was possible that the ninja could be from anywhere. He didn’t know what Pinkie had meant by the ninja looked important, though. Probably just had a pretentious outfit, something incredibly arrogant and flamboyant that didn’t actually portray his real strength.

With that in mind, Sasuke began to calm down. Even if the shinobi recognized him, it was a good chance that he could easily beat him in battle if he tried to fight- and Sasuke wouldn’t be the one to start it either. He also knew that it could be a swordsman or some other kind of warrior- they couldn’t tell strength, and didn’t know that most normal types of warriors were weak and paled in comparison to shinobi. He was hoping for this to happen. He was hoping for luck to work out for once in his favor.

Sasuke took off for where Pinkie had said they appeared- the town square, he’d heard, in the middle of her endless, excited blabbering- and raced over there at once. With such great speed like he possessed, and especially due to the small size of the town, he was there in less than thirty seconds. He stopped when he got closer- taking no chances, and making sure to keep himself hidden.

He could barely see because the ponies were crowded around so much, but it was clear that there was a tall ninja there. He caught a flash of orange here and there, but he couldn’t see much more than that. The shinobi was talking, but he couldn’t hear him either- the crowd of ponies again blocked out his sensitive ears with their chatter.

When he saw the spiky blond hair, though, his heart stopped- in a strange mix of fear and anticipation. Once he was able to see him, he immediately recognized Naruto.

He looked different. That would be putting it mildly, though.

Naruto had clearly grown. Sasuke could’ve sworn that he’d only been gone a little longer than a month, now, but it was possible that there was time differences between universes. Naruto wore a cloak similar to his father’s- with his own colors of orange and red, instead. He still wore the same steel headband with the blue cloth- and it was wrapped around his forehead, same as ever. He wore it proudly. He walked with confidence- in fact, it oozed off of him. He talked easily- with more dignity and sophisticated tones that he’d never had before.

Sasuke realized that Naruto had become Hokage- and acted much more seriously because of it. He watched as Naruto conversed with the ponies- and meanwhile, he watched, as Twilight slipped out of the crowd for a moment to head towards the library. She returned a few minutes later, as the ponies continued asking questions. Who was he? Why was he here? Was he anything like Sasuke? Naruto answered all of these calmly, as his ears twitched- and no one noticed, not even Sasuke.

It wasn’t long before both Princesses flew down from the sky- and everyone but Naruto bowed. He met them and they spoke- at length, for minutes, about boring, menial topics. They compared rates- economy, talked about who they led, or in Celestia’s case, ruled over. Naruto was just making conversation, though.

With a flick of the wrist- and faster than anyone in the area could see, except Sasuke- he threw a kunai out of his hand, and watched as it buried itself with force into the tree that Sasuke had been hiding behind. Grumbling, Sasuke came out.

Naruto smiled at him, and Sasuke only gave a neutral stare back. Already, the ponies seemed to sense the tension in the air. On the order of the Princesses, they began to leave Ponyville- and Twilight seemed pale.

Naruto went right to the point. He’d already mentioned it to the Princesses, and while Celestia seemed to disagree, she said she’d allow it, if Sasuke went peacefully.

Luna was all in favor of it.

“Come back to The Hidden Leaf Village, Sasuke. I can promise you a safe return, and your rights as a shinobi will be reinstated. It’ll cost me an incredible amount of paperwork- not to mention getting most of the other countries and their leaders getting pissed off at me- but I don’t care. You’ll be an elite jonin, and it might take a while, but you’ll eventually regain your honor.” He waved his hand and brought it toward himself. “Come on, let’s go.”

He had a huge smile on his face- like he always did.

Sasuke smirked, and gave his answer.

“I don’t want revenge anymore, Naruto. I’m done with trying to destroy the Leaf.”

Naruto’s smile probably couldn’t go wider. It was approaching Pinkie-levels now, and Sasuke noticed the resemblance. His smile fell at Sasuke’s full answer, though.

“This place has changed me, for the better, though. I’m not so hateuful, anymore. I laughed for the first time in forever, today. But, at the same time, I don’t think I’ll be able to come back with you, Naruto. I still can’t stand the Leaf for what happened to me, even if I’m not going to try to get revenge anymore. I’m not going with you.”

Naruto’s happy, bright blue eyes immediately narrowed. The next words that he spat out of his mouth were never what Sasuke expected to hear from him. Naruto was beyond angry. He was furious, he was livid.

Naruto was pissed.

“Don’t even try to give me that, Sasuke! God, you’re arrogant. I just gave you the offer of a lifetime, and you piss on it! I’m glad that you’re not going for revenge on the village- not like you could do it, anyway, but I’m drawing the line here. I’ve offered you a chance, time and time again to come back, and even now, you’re refusing me. You’re still a criminal, and I’m offering you freedom. And, even as my friend, Sasuke, I’m bringing you in.”

As a swirling blue ball of chakra formed in Naruto’s hand, Sasuke vividly remembered a similar speech that Naruto had given him- what seemed like lifetimes ago.

“Even if you have to break all the bones in my body?” Sasuke asked, smirking.

“Even if, Sasuke,” Naruto said, still angry, remembering the Valley of The End.

The Princesses seemed to be arguing with one another, but Sasuke and Naruto weren’t concentrated on them. Twilight was about to burst into tears as she watched Sasuke’s arm light up with lightning- and a sound similar to the chirping of birds filled the air.

As they charged at each other, Twilight realized that this was always going to be what happened- and even if she tried to intervene, she’d only get hurt.

Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie, Rainbow, and Applejack all watched in horror as the strange creature they came to know as a friend charged someone down; the other, doing the same to him. Sasuke only remembered the last time they’d truly done this- and, even over how loud his Chidori was, he heard Naruto so clearly- so clearly, he thought he’d remember it for the rest of his life.

“It’s been a long time, Sasuke.”

TO BE CONTINUED

If anyone gets the chapter title as a reference, you win.