• Published 12th Mar 2013
  • 16,320 Views, 600 Comments

Visual Prowess - UgalaaWriter



During The Fourth Great Ninja War, Sasuke is transported to Equestria. Longer summary in description.

  • ...
48
 600
 16,320

Twilight Sparkle's Experiences In The Elemental Nations- Part One

Twilight Sparkle couldn’t believe how bright the light was. It was blinding, it was like staring into her mentor’s sun, it was… was something that she didn’t know existed before. It was so bright; it was like she was in the center of the brightest burning core of the universe. She could see nothing, feel nothing, taste nothing, smell nothing, and hear nothing. It was a bright, but calm silence- and for some reason, she felt that all was right in reality.

Then she fell on her face.

Twilight groaned as she felt the incredible light slowly dimming- dimming to a more realistic level of light, and then to a murky darkness that invaded the edges of her vision. For a few minutes she sat there, face in the dirt, gathering energy and recovering from the vast amount of it that it had taken to get her here. She breathed heavily- she was more than exhausted. So she took her time, and she rested in what she assumed was plains- had to be.

Eventually, she was able to move, and flailed her limbs uselessly for a minute before slowly putting one hoof in front of the other- like she was a foal learning to walk- and forced herself to her hooves, still breathing heavily but able to move nonetheless. Her senses slowly returned to her as her ordeal ended- and she discovered she was in some sort of short grassed area- and she looked around as to a clue of where she was.

She wasn’t home any longer, that was for sure- off in the distance, she could see a village- and it didn’t look like anything she’d ever seen in pony architecture. As she shook her head, dizziness slowly being removed from her brain, she was becoming more coherent, and her brain began to think about what had just happened- and she looked around, around for a large, brown tome that had contained the spell that had gotten her here.

Within a few moments, she’d found it. Only a few feet away from her, the brown, singed tome laid smoking, in the grass. She reached for it with her magical grip, but it took her a few seconds to get her bearings, and it was weaker than she expected as her vision was still swimming and her head pounded. She persevered, though, and soon enough the grip of telekinesis responded and the book was surrounded in a soft lavender glow as it came to her.

She flipped the pages, skimming through the text- not looking for any actual information, but wanting to make sure that the book was undamaged- she didn’t have full control of the spell yet- and it was already extremely difficult to pull off as it was. She felt that as long as the book was okay, she could continue practicing, and once the spell was mastered, return to her own homeland eventually. After a few panicky minutes of inspection, she sighed in relief and put the book down, assured it was fine.

Now, her mind turned to other thoughts. Once again, the small village not too far off in the distance looked both inviting and a good idea- a way to gain information, a way to find out where exactly in the universe she was. She shook her head once more, grabbed the book, and set off in that direction, hoping to find something that would tell her where to go. The book seemed heavier than usual, but she knew it was just because she was weakened and tired.

The light of the early morning was bright, and Twilight knew that it was not her mentor’s sun- she’d have to find out whoever raised the sun in this place, as they would certainly be in charge. It was a bit brighter than normal- and Twilight wondered whether they had as good of control over the sun as her mentor did. She set off, and she tried to get closer to the village to see who- or what- exactly inhabited it.

The clouds overhead seemed strange- as they weren’t policed or guided by Pegasi. Twilight had a horrible thought for one moment-what if nopony controlled the weather here?- but it was soon covered up with the curiosity of a researcher, which was nearly one and the same as the curiosity of a foal- as Twilight was soon realizing that she had, indeed, been the first one to travel to a new world- a new dimension, a new place- she knew that she was the first, and in more ways than one, the greatest explorer of her race.

She squeed in excitement- but got control over herself once again as she looked around at her surroundings, and the surroundings of the village- there were large forests, everywhere, surrounding the village. It wasn’t that large- it was rather small, in fact. The walls seemed low and there wasn’t anyone out front at the gates. She walked closer, wondering who lived there- and she was soon rewarded with a cute spectacle.

There were baby shinobi playing outside! Whereas Sasuke had always looked mean and heartless, these were the foals of the same race, at least, she assumed. A few of them were kicking a ball around, and Twilight noted that, at their height, they were still almost as tall as she was. They stood upright, so it was to be expected. She grinned as she watched them play from a distance. They were so adorable.

Twilight wondered if Fluttershy would be able to contain herself after she saw those things playing. Hesitantly, she moved forward, her hooves mostly silent on the soft grass and dirt of the plains around them. There were three or four of them, and they were all boys, or so it seemed, at least. Twilight wasn’t sure about genders, she only knew that Sasuke had been a boy, but there would obviously be differences in the species.

She watched as they batted the ball around playfully, with their feet. It was much like a game that she had seen other foals play, in Ponyville- and started to consider that their species may not have such a big difference as she previously thought, after all. She tried to stay hidden behind a tree as they played, but then watched as a slighter taller boy- perhaps one of their friends, but a few years older, walked up to them.

“Hey, Inari!”

“Hey, what’s up!”

They started an entirely different game now, but used the same ball, and Twilight felt strangely intrigued as she watched them play. Based on age- as Sasuke had told them his age, and he’d been fairly young, or so she assumed- these boys were even younger than him. The smaller ones seemed around seven, or eight, and the tallest one- Inari- was probably ten or eleven, maybe even twelve. They batted around the ball for a while, but then one of them gave a reason around midday that he had to leave- and the rest left just as quickly.

Inari, as Twilight remembered what his name was, was left standing there alone in the field. He looked oddly nostalgic. He started talking to himself, and Twilight, even though she knew it was rude to eavesdrop, did so anyway- out of pure curiosity, of course.

“H-hey, dad. It’s another day. I promised that I wouldn’t cry unless I was happy, but… well, it's okay. I am happy. As long as I remain strong and promise to protect the village- with these two arms. It’ll be fine. Naruto always said that it was okay to cry if I was happy…”

Naruto? Wasn’t that someone that… Sasuke had talked about?

She walked forward automatically, without meaning to, and tripped over a tree root- and the noise made Inari turn around- his eyes widening immediately. He seemed to struggle with words for a moment as he saw a horse in front of him-and she seemed to have surprised eyes, as well, although Inari could tell she wasn’t just a horse. The eyes possessed… intelligence, for lack of a better word. Sentience, fit better.

Twilight took a step back, and then another, hooves silent in the grass. She was a little afraid, and for good reason- the only shinobi she’d ever met had been angry, dangerous, and Twilight was just now realizing- more than a little psychotic. Although it was more than likely that not all were like that, she couldn’t take a chance- and she didn’t want to risk her life over curiosity. Inari didn’t move, observing with an interested expression.

“Who… who are you?” Inari asked, and Twilight was silent as she stared back at him with wide, fearful eyes. Inari took a step closer, and Twilight closed her eyes and put the book in front of her as a shield, the magical, purple grip being all too easy for the boy to see. He was shocked, but then grinned and said something she hadn’t expected.

“I didn’t know that horses could use chakra!”

“It’s not chakra, it’s magic!”

She clamped a hoof over her mouth a second too late, though, and that was able to get out. Inari’s eyes only exploded open wider- and for a second, it reminded her of Pinkie- before he grinned wider as well. He seemed to be really surprised by all of this.

“A talking horse, wow, so cool!”

“I’m not a horse, I’m a pony.”

“Oh, a pony, then. Sorry.”

She frowned as she glanced at the village behind them. She looked at the boy again.

“So, is this a village of shinobi? It doesn’t look that impressive.”

“Shinobi?” Inari seemed amused by the very thought of it, but responded again in kind, anyway. He gestured out to the large pools of water that were behind the village- and Twilight only now noticed how watery entire place seemed to be- she even noticed that the grass she was standing on, and her hooves, were wet. Inari began explaining.

“No, this isn’t a shinobi village. They’re much larger and much more powerful. This is a fishing and trading village in the Land of Waves. Most people here are humble. We don’t want any trouble- and we won’t take any, either.” Twilight was confused by his sudden change of emotion. The instant he mentioned defending the village, he seemed to grow a lot fiercer about the train of thought. He turned back to her, most of the seriousness gone from his expression.

“Where do you come from? I’ve never seen a pony like you, before.”

Twilight took a little longer to answer as she waved a hoof in the, distracted by her thoughts. So, not all humans were shinobi, but all shinobi were humans? Could a pony be shinobi? Could dogs or cats or griffons even qualify as shinobi? Twilight’s mind raced with questions, and all from this simple answer that the boy gave readily, casually.

“I come from a place called Equestria. I live in Ponyville.”

“Wow, really? Where is that!?”

“It’s uh… it’s hard to explain. I used magic to get here. I sort of got to the right place, I guess. I was just trying to get to this world in general- not to go to any specific spot, I guess. So, how is your village, is it nice?”

“You used magic, to get from your world to another world? Cool! Yeah, my village is the best. Do you want me to show you around?”

“Don’t you think people would be… you know, surprised? At me?”

“Well, maybe. But a lot of people in the village know me- both adults, and kids. I’m pretty respected around here, and people are very tolerant of most things in this country, anyway. I doubt anything bad will really happen.”

“Oh.”

“What did you mean when you said this world in general?”

Twilight wasn’t sure whether or not to tell him the truth. She remembered what she’d heard from other ponies, about what Sasuke apparently was in his own lands- International Criminal, S-rank Missing Nin, and other various titles that didn’t seem well-respected or revered in any way- they actually seemed hated, and despised, instead.

Twilight didn’t want to be attacked or mistaken as a criminal or a bad pony for being related or helping Sasuke, in any way, so she took the easy way out, and lied- at least for the time being. She didn’t particularly like lying, but she wasn’t Applejack, and she was capable of it, even if she wasn’t very good at it, or quick at it, like some other ponies were.

“Oh, I was just searching for other worlds, is what I meant.”

“Cool!”

While Inari kept talking about how cool it was for her to have come from some ‘pony-world’ as he called it, she took the time to really look at him, and compare him to Sasuke. He had black hair, and fair skin, with a blue shirt on. He seemed muscular, like Sauske, but she could already tell that he didn’t possess any kind of the power that Sasuke did. But the thing that was the most different was his cheerful disposition.

He was so… happy. Sasuke, no matter what, had always been terribly temperamental- angry, hateful, easy to upset. He’d constantly been under distress, like something was always bothering him. Twilight had hoped that not every single shinobi was like that- and apparently, not all humans were shinobi, as she had once thought. It was clear now that they weren’t as ubiquitous in Sasuke’s world as she had assumed before.

Though, it wasn’t like he’d given her any information about it, either.

“Well, we should get going. I really shouldn’t be messing around like this, anyway. I have carpenter work to do. C’mon, you can see the village from the inside.”

As she was practically dragged along by the happy, young boy, she wondered if she even was going to be able to find her way along in this world. She had no idea of where to go, besides just teleporting back to her land. She was lucky enough to land near civilization and not in the wilderness, and that was already good, but she felt that there was more she could do while she was here, in this world. It would probably take her a week, at least more, to master the spell- she had the gist of it, but she couldn’t control it.

Soon enough, she was almost dragged through the gates into the fishing village and she watched as lots of humans were walking around, everywhere, doing all kinds of things. In a way, it reminded her of Ponyville- there were humans buying things, humans selling things, humans yelling and humans talking quietly, and walking around and running and doing all kinds of small-town activities that she’d imagined they would do.

It was one thing to think about it, but another to actually see it in real life.

She saw a small group of men- not far off, barely a few streets down- working on a large home, made out of wood, much like the homes were in Ponyville. Only the frame was up, though, and it was still in construction- a large, large frame, looking like a house much bigger than needed. Then again, humans were bigger than her, and she had no idea of the space requirements that they felt were necessary for comfort.

Regardless, though, it looked like a huge project, and something certainly any colt she knew wouldn’t have the patience to work on, but the boy seemed unhindered- maybe even excited- and pulled her by the hoof closer to the house-frame, through the streets, as citizens on the sides looked by in interest and amazement. She still felt embarrassed- and had a little stage fright, even though she knew she would be stared at when she entered the village.

Soon enough, Inari had led her all the way into the heart of the village, where they were erecting a large house for a fairly wealthy man. The man stood by the side, seeming impressed with their work, nodding his head with a pleased expression on his face. Meanwhile, an older man with grey clothing, tanned skin, and a gray hair and beard, with a towel wrapped around his shoulder was both working on the project and calling out orders to the other men at the same time.

“You see him?” Inari said, pointing to the older man. Twilight Sparkle nodded furiously, and Inari continued to lead her onwards and stopped right behind Tazuna.

“Lift that beam, there! Reposition it. Don’t let it just fall out, you need to connect it so it- yeah, like that. There. Alright, now go grab the other two beams and do the other side.” Tazuna turned around after berating his work-force, and saw Inari, who he was pleased, but expecting, but gaped when he saw who Inari was with- some purple horse thing? It had a purple coat, with strange hair- as if it had dyed it- and it was staring up at him, curious.

“Hey, Inari. What’s this horse thing doing here?”

“I’m not a horse! I’m a pony!” Twilight shouted, and Tazuna leaned back, clearly not expecting it to talk. Inari only laughed, and laughed louder still when Twilight turned towards him, glaring. Tazuna only gave her an amused expression before responding.

“Well then, pony, what’s your name?”

“Twilight Sparkle.”

“Well then, Twilight Sparkle, what are you doing here? I’m starting to wonder how Inari even found you. Was he slacking off on the job again- outside the village, messing around?”

“Well, he met me in those plains, out there, and-“

“I knew it! Inari, what have I told you about laziness?”

“That he would never be proud of it?”

“That’s right. Now, come on, let’s get back to work.”

Twilight could only stare as Tazuna and Inari went back to work- and although people on the streets were paying attention to her, the workforce was completely concentrated on the job. Under Tazuna’s supervision, they finished another good portion of the house and called it a day by sunset. Twilight had mostly sat on the sidelines and watched them work- not having much else to do. Tazuna and Inari both dried themselves off with their towels as they cleaned themselves of their sweat. Twilight gave one last glance to the structure as they walked away.

She didn’t have anywhere to go, and they offered to let her sleep at their home for the night. She agreed, and she followed them home as they walked from the work site to their home. They seemed to be very close, and Twilight couldn’t help but ask.

“Are you his father?” Twilight asked, unable to suppress her curiosity.

Inari seemed to quiet, suddenly, and Twilight wondered if she’d said the wrong thing.

Inari grinned, and Tazuna started laughing before he responded.

“No, my father died a long time ago. He’s my grandfather.”

“Oh.” She felt the awkwardness in the conversation- even though they tried not to show it, it still did hurt them. She decided to try to turn the discussion to something else.

“It’s such a pretty sunset. Whoever’s controlling it must be as good as Princess Celestia.”

“What? No one raises the sun. It rises on its own.” Inari responded.

“What!?”

“Yeah. I’m guessing it’s different where you come from?”

“You have no idea... I wasn’t really expecting anypony here to be that similar to me or the ponies at home, though, so… it doesn’t really surprise me that much. But it’s still a little shocking, and I’d be lying if I wasn’t jarred.”

“What else is different where you come from?” Inari asked, interested.

“We control the weather. There’s never a storm unless we want it. We have magic there. There’s never really any murder or crime or anything like that- it’s very rare.”

“It sounds pretty peaceful,” Tazuna commented as they walked home.

“It is. More peaceful than here? Do you have problems here like that?”

“You have no idea, Twilight. We had a war only four months ago.”

“A war… wow.” Her mind reminded her of the war Sasuke had talked about- it had to be that one, then. He hadn’t been here that long, and it was the only recent one- hopefully.

“Is that the only recent war?”

“Yes. We don’t fight all the time, you know. We’re not completely obsessed with violence or something.” Tazuna replied.

“So, Twilight, why are you here, anyway?” Inari said.

“Traveling… I was traveling.” Twilight said carefully.

“That sounds like a long trip. I mean, between worlds,” Inari mentioned, as if it was casual. Twilight only nodded, still carrying her brown tome with her magical grip.

A small, cute little girl ran up to her and started stroking her side.

“Pretty horsey!”

“Aw, she’s so cute.” Twilight gushed. The little girl only seemed to enjoy this even more, and she petted Twilight’s mane and tugged on it a little. Twilight squealed.

“Ow, that hurts.”

“Pretty horsey!”

“Oh, I’m so sorry… uh, whatever you are. Mira!”

“Yes, mommy!” The little girl in a yellow dress ran back to her mother, who scurried her away, in a hurry. Twilight looked after them for a moment before turning back to Tazuna and Inari, who both seemed amused by the entire situation. They snickered.

“What are you two laughing about?” Twilight muttered, suspicious.

“P-pretty horsey!” They said, in unison, and started laughing, unable to hold it in any longer. Twilight fumed, but only said one thing as they pounded the ground on their knees.

“I’m a pony, not a hor-“

“Don’t care, it’s too hilarious!”

Eventually, after much laughter and more than a few horse jokes were made, they continued on and made their way to their house, with Twilight in tow, levitating her book the entire time. She felt more than a little self conscious the entire time, with everypony- everyone, apparently, the word was here- staring at her, but she managed it, nonetheless, and she was feeling better about the entire situation by the time they got to the house.

As soon as they walked in the door, they smelt a delicious scent- not far away, inside the hosue, Tsunami was cooking dinner. She was a pretty housewife, with dark hair, fair skin, and wearing an apron as she stirred the stew on the stove. It was a mixed dish- with vegetables, sauces, spices, and seasons, as well as a few cut up, small chunks of meat.

Twilight gave away her approach long before they even reached the kitchen area- the clop of her hooves were loud on the wooden floors, and Tsunami called out a response to the noise, as she turned off the stove and hurried to fill bowls
.

“Did one of you bring a horse in here? You know, I tell you not to act like barn animals, but if you’ve actually brought one along with you…”

“I’m not a horse! Why does everypony say that!?”

“Who is that?”

“It’s everyone, not everypony. Mom, it’s okay, just make four bowls.” Inari shouted from the dining room.

“Did you bring a girl home, Inari?” Tsunami gushed as she filled stew bowls with the liquid, with a white ladle- and she retrieved chopsticks, because even though a lot of the dish was broth, there was plenty of vegetables inside that using them was recommended. She got three- added a fourth, because there was a female guest in the house- and hurriedly carried them in her arms and her hands as she rushed into the dining room.

She nearly dropped the food when she saw a purple horse sitting at the table.

“What are you?”

“Who am I, you mean? My name is Twilight Sparkle. I’m a unicorn from Equestria.”

“She’s traveling, Mom!” Inari said, excited, and Tsunami only looked to Tazuna in confusion, who raised his hands in the air and said nothing.

“Yes, I’m traveling. Your name is…?”

“Uh, it’s Tsunami. Tsunami.”

“What a nice name. You look like you’re struggling, here, let me help…”

Much to Tsunami’s surprise- as she screamed- the four bowls, and the chopsticks, were carefully lifted out of her hands and into the air, and set respectively to each corner of the table, in front of Tazuna, Inari, Twilight, and the empty spot where Tsunami was planning on sitting. The magical glow faded as soon as they were set down, and Inari began clapping.

“Really nice, Twilight! That’s so cool!”

“Oh, it’s nothing,” Twilight said, turning away, cheeks flaming from within.

“No, really. It was really cool.” Inari said, refusing to let her deny the compliments.

“Thanks… it’s always been my talent, magic. My cutie mark told me so when I was really young.” At this, they looked confused, but Twilight knew she was going to have to explain the second she mentioned her cutie mark to them. She turned, and showed the mark.

“You see this?”

“It looks like a tattoo,” Tazuna commented.

“No, for ponies, it’s something that appears naturally. It tells you what your talent or special trait is. Not all cutie marks are as easy to obtain as others, and not all are obvious or easy to understand the meaning of right away. Some ponies don’t get them for a long time, and some get them when they’re very young- like I did.”

“Wow, that’s interesting. So, it just tells you what you’re good at?” Inari asked.

“Basically,” Twilight agreed.

“That’s really convenient. That doesn’t happen where we’re from.” Inari said.

“Yeah, I can tell. It is pretty convenient, I guess.” Twilight said, staring into what she guessed was going to be her dinner. Tsunami noticed her interest.

“It’s my special stew, I’m sure you’ll like it. It has broth, spices, meat, vegetables-“

“W-wait, what was that last thing you said?” Twilight said, stuttering.

“Vegetables?” Tsunami asked, already lifting a piece of meat in chopsticks out of the broth. “Yeah, I have some vegetables in here. It’s like it’s the only way to make Inari eat it. The boy loves meat, a lot, and it’s always a task to make him eat vegetables.”

“N-no, the one before that.”

“Meat? Yeah, there’s some meat in here.”

Out of all of them, the only one that noticed it first was Tazuna, although Tsunami came to grip fairly fast with the realization as well, nearly right after Tazuna. Inari continued slurping away, oblivious to the fact that Twilight was staring in horror at what she saw in front of her. Her hooves at her sides, and her horn glowing lightly, she gazed down into the murky stew and was disgusted by what she saw within the liquid sustenance.

A few floating pieces of brown, well cooked meat were resting directly in between delicious carrots and potatoes. They acted as if they belonged there- sitting there in the broth with everything else, like it was perfectly natural. Twilight had known they were omnivorous- Sasuke had alluded to it more than once, but for some reason, she never thought she’d be put right against it- just shoved in her face, like that.

While the carrots, potatoes and broth all looked delicious- along with the various spices and seasonings that were floating inside of the stew- the meat ruined all of it for Twilight and turned her stomach into a rolling sea. She couldn’t believe it- the meat had once been alive- an animal, not entirely unlike her, except she was sapient- but still, it had been alive. Then, these people- or, maybe not them, but somepony- had killed it, and skinned it and put the meat on the market to sell like it was any normal food product.

She realized, even in her own panic and terror, that it was something normal to these people, and that all of them, even Inari, were staring at her, different levels of concern and worry on each of their faces. Tsunami was the first to speak- being a mother, and being the most caring out of all of them, she tried to comfort Twilight as best as she could. She couldn’t really understand how she was feeling at the moment.

“You aren’t used to eating meat, are you?”

“N-no.”

“It’s fine. I’ll pick them out of the stew for you.” Tazuna said.

“Uh, yes, please.” Twilight looked away from the process as Tazuna methodically stirred through her bowl of stew and picked the meat out of it, adding it to his own bowl whenever he found a piece. Tsunami and Inari went back to eating, though they both threw multiple glances her way, and she couldn’t help but feel the odd one out- and, even though she doubted that they would eat her, she felt a little fear towards them- knowing that they ate meat.

After Tazuna had picked all the meat out of it, he handed it back to her wordlessly, and placed it back in front of her on the table. Twilight nodded to him in thanks, and used her telekinetic grip to pick up the chopsticks, and began eating from the bowl. She ate in small, dignified bites- and tried to be as mannerly as possible. She’d learned some of this from Rarity- and she planned to use it, because he didn’t want to offend them.

She noticed Inari slurping from his bowl, barely mannerly at all, and realized that this wasn’t exactly the settings of noble ponies in a city like Canterlot, though.

“I don’t think I’ll ever get over that.” Inari said, pointing over to Twilight.

“What? Get over what?” Twilight asked.

“How cool that looks,” he said, gesturing wildly to her glowing horn with both hands. “Magic. It’s just so interesting. We have chakra here, but it’s not exactly the same thing.”

“Can everyone use that where you’re from?” Tazuna asked as he drank his stew broth.

“Not everpony can use it, but every unicorn naturally has the ability of levitation- even if they’re weak at magic. It’s a natural ability that comes to every unicorn very easily.” Twilight said, putting down her chopsticks as she stopped eating for a moment to talk and go on.

“There are different forms of magic, though. Pegasus ponies can push around clouds and rest on them, and even build cloud houses out of them. Meanwhile, earth ponies have much more endurance and are naturally gifted at tilling the land and understanding nature more closely than Pegasus ponies or unicorns are able to.”

“Houses… out of clouds.” Inari said slowly, as if he was unable to accept such an idea.

“Yep. Cloud houses. My friend Rainbow Dash has one right outside of Ponyville.”

“That’s so cool!”

“So, you’re just traveling, Twilight? Where will you go after this?” Tazuna asked as he ate his stew. He wasn’t sure if she was being completely truthful. He heard the hesitation in her voice the first time she had answered her question about why she’d come to this world.

“I uh… I really don’t know. Not really, anyway. I think I wanna get back, now.” Even as she said that, though, in her mind, she idly thought of something else.

SHUT UP ABOUT NARUTO!

I’ll burn the Leaf Village to the ground and kill everyone inside.

It’s a place of traitors.

“To your world?” Inari asked.

“Yeah, back to my world. Not right away, though. I want to see more stuff around here first,” Twilight lied. She was considering going to the Leaf Village, though. She wondered if everything that Sasuke had said about it was right- she seriously doubted it, if only because she knew how mean, cruel, angry and cynical Sasuke could really be. He was probably blowing things out of proportion. Still, it could be a dangerous place, and he might’ve been telling the truth about it- which meant that it would be a bad idea to go there.

“I’d be happy to show you around the place, some more,” Inari said. “People were surprised when they saw you. You’re the first of your kind here, right? That makes you like a great explorer for your people, I would think.”

“Yeah I guess I am, in a way.”

Soon enough, they all finished dinner, and were idly chatting at the dining table. As hard as Twilight tried to fit into the discussion, she knew that she wasn’t able to. She had no idea about half the things they were talking about- which was expected, considering the situation. Still, she was surprised that they weren’t more surprised at her- an entirely alien visitor. Her world had magic- and as such, were more used to impossible and unbelievable things occurring, even on a daily basis, possibly. Meanwhile, they had what they called chakra- which she still didn’t understand, despite seeing Sasuke supposedly use it more than once.

Twilight glanced around the home. She’d noticed differences in their cultures since the beginning, but it was all to be expected- buildings and architecture, morals and values, even clothing- where as apparently everypony wore it here, only ponies that had important places to go to, or important social gatherings or meetings to attend wore it here. Additionally, eating meat was acceptable here, whereas back home, it was more than frowned upon.

She liked Tazuna and Inari and Tsunami, and she thought that they liked her back, too. She wondered if they would help her if she told them the real truth. She was surprised at both their hospitality and their casual acceptance of her. While things would’ve been done similarly in Ponyville- and Equestria for that matter- and ponies were very tolerant, she was surprised to see them trusting her so readily.

She eventually couldn’t take it anymore.

Twilight had to tell them, even if they would be angered by what she said.

“I-I haven’t been exactly truthful about my coming here.”

Inari and Tsunami looked surprised, but not necessarily angry- but meanwhile, Tazuna looked like he’d been expecting it the entire time. He leaned onto one hand and waited for her to continue. Twilight took a deep breath and kept going.

“This country is part of The Elemental Nations, right?”

A nod came from Tazuna. Twilight nodded in turn and went onwards.

“I came here because of something that happened in my world. I was surprised to be so readily accepted here, but I have problems back home that have connections to here and…”

“A few weeks back, stuff started happening because someone from your world came to mine. I don’t really know who he is,” Twilight lied again. She didn’t want to be seen as a helper of Sasuke, if he was really that hated here, “but he did mention a person that he either knew of or supposedly knew. I have to ask both of you, if you know the person he talked about.”

Inari, Tazuna, and Tsunami all nodded.

“I know some people as a master bridge builder,” Tazuna said. “I may have met the person from my travels. I’ve been in more than one country, so, give me the name, and I’ll see if I can remember somebody.”

“He said the name was…”

“Naruto.”

TO BE CONTINUED