• Published 2nd Feb 2012
  • 639 Views, 4 Comments

The Cold Silence - SgtRainbowDash



A welcome party thrown by Pinkie Pie, at a creepy run-down manor. You can figure this one out...

  • ...
 4
 639

Pain

Author's Note: Sorry for the delay on this chapter, I have no excuse as to why I haven't written it, I just never got around to it, been reading some shitty stories, playing some MW3. Just being lazy :/


Chapter II: Pain

“Ugh… Celestia why??” Traz groaned as he slowly awaken from his unexpected nap. He painfully opened an eye in hopes that what he saw was anyplace but the terrible house he walked into. A wall was all he saw, a puke green wall illuminated by a dim yellow light coming from the wall was an unpleasant sight to wake up to.

Traz turned his head toward the light coming from the corner of the room. The light was actually a glass jar filled to the brim with a liquid that he could not identify. Submerged in that liquid, a key. Traz got up on his hooves and proceeded to walk toward the key. As he progressed further down the room, the floors creaked under his hooves, and seemed to get louder, and louder as he got closer and closer to the jar.

He made it to the pedestal which held the jar on top of it. It had been taller than Traz had thought, for when he had made it to the pedestal it stood a bit over his head forcing Traz to get up on his hind legs to get a good look at the jar. He proceeded to stand of, holding himself up by leaning on the moss-covered pedestal and began to get a better understanding of the key inside. The key, as he saw it looked rusted and looked as if Traz were to grasp it, it would fall apart instantly. The key looked so insignificant, so downright useless that Traz was just about to ignore it, when he noticed a very odd detail that stood out on the key. Most keys aren’t engraved…

He leaned it closer toward the jar, his hind legs digging onto the moss that covered the pedestal and slowly read out the engraving.

“Hope you don’t have a problem getting out!”

“No…” Traz couldn’t believe it; he most definitely did not want to believe it! He looked at the door that led out of the room. Dropping down from the ledge, he rushed toward it, turned the knob… locked…

“No, No, NO NO NO!” He yelled in disbelief at what he was about to go through right now, that key, that rusted down key, was his only way out…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The horror, the sheer look of fear on Traz’s tanned face was a look that was shown only on ponies that had looked like that had seen an insane killer staring them down. He gazed upon the illuminating light coming from the jar; the key was the only thing he could focus on. He slowly made his way back toward the key, the floor creaking under him as he continued onward. The mesmerizing glow of the liquid attracted Traz closer and closer he didn’t even seem to notice anything else but the key. He came closer, and closer, and ever so closer…

*Bonk*
“Ouch!” Traz yelped out, he proceeded to far as he had seemed to hit his head on the jar’s pedestal. He looked up, got on his hind legs, and gave himself a better view of the god forsaken key. He stared it down, anger and fear in his eyes, putting all his strength onto his right hoof, he lifted his left one up over his head and into the jar.

He didn’t know what the big deal was, he had put his hoof into the liquid, and he had even left it there on the surface for a good minute or so. Nothing happened. Deciding it was alright, he lowered his hoof further down, He had made a horrible mistake... The further down his hoof went, the more boiling hot the liquid became, he haven’t even made it half way down the jar and Traz was already drowning in his tears of pain, begging for the mercy that he knew would never come. His breathing quickened with every second his hoof was in there, he didn’t know if it was the liquid or his incredibly rising levels of pain, but his hoof seemed to move slower and slower as he got to the bottom. Steam started to rise from the jar, however Traz’s painful venture was almost done, the key was centimeters, no, millimeters away all he had to do was grab it. He struggled and he cried as he used his hoof to inch the key up the jar to the surface. The pace his hoof was going quickened faster and faster as he raised it closer to the surface, with a final yell he used all the strength he had that wasn’t being used for crying for a final pull on the key.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rusted key flew out from the jar and onto the rotting wood floor. Traz fell back from the pedestal he was leaning on and landed a few inches from where the key was. He was drenched in tears and sweat. He didn’t even want to see what his arm (hoof leg, thing I don’t know I’m going to call it an arm) looked like after all the burning it went through. He simply lay down on the floor, thinking about how he got into this situation. He couldn’t cry anymore, there was nothing left in his body to cry out.

“Why!?” He yelled in a tone that made it extremely obvious that he was indeed crying. “WHY!?”
He didn’t even expect an answer, even his own mind was failing him. What was the point of continuing on?, he began to think as tried to get back on his feet. She’s just going to kill me anyway! His eyes were still closed; he thought the sight of his arm would be enough to stop his attempts of escaping completely. He felt around for the rusted key for about a minute or so before finally finding, grabbed it in his mouth, calmly counted down from five, and opened his eyes. He walked toward the door, still not looking at his burnt arm, inserted the key, and turned it.
*Click*
Freedom.

“Oh thank Celestia!” Traz silently said, he walked toward the wall with a daze. He seemed to have lost all his senses and his eyes seemed to have begun closing. He made a dash toward the wall before collapsing entirely. Down he fell, entering his dreams, for that was all he had in the hellhole she called “party”.

Author's Second Note: I wasn't sure how to describe this, "He struggled and he cried as he used his hoof to inch the key up the jar to the surface." I guess a better way to describe it, is say you got a like a brick that sank to the bottom of like a four foot big pool. And you trying not to get wet, lean on the side of the pool and dangle your arm in the pool. Your arm can't reach it but your fingertips can touch, so you ease the brick up the side of the pool so that your hand can fully grasp it and bring it up easier. That's pretty much what Traz was doing, but in a scalding hot syrup kind of thing.

Comments ( 1 )

Again, sorry for slow update, nothing but sheer laziness, next chapter is not going to take as long as this one did, Also I am aware of some italaze errors, the sound effects and the end parts where Traz he thinking whats the point of going on is supposed to be Italizied. Since I am currently on my iPod while I am writing this, I cannot fix them, they will be fixed asap however

Login or register to comment