• Published 2nd Feb 2012
  • 638 Views, 4 Comments

The Cold Silence - SgtRainbowDash



A welcome party thrown by Pinkie Pie, at a creepy run-down manor. You can figure this one out...

  • ...
 4
 638

Chapter 1

The Cold Silence: Chapter I : The Fear

Silence… Nothing could be heard from the dark house before him. Only the deafening creak of the door could be heard inside and out of the house. (In other words it was pretty damn quiet). Traz had no idea what he was thinking coming to the party; his invitation had quotes around FUN, which can never be good. The house that was written on the invite was torn up, the dark molding wood was tearing up and splintering, the windows (what little there were) were cracked beyond belief. The door itself was by far the only presentable thing about this hellhole of a house, and that’s saying something.

He walked in, he didn’t even know why he was here, if this was really a welcome party, that pink mare who invited him certainly did a pretty shit job in making him feel welcome. Walking in, the wood creaked under his hooves until he was about 5 feet into the house. As soon as the creaking finally stopped, the door closed. Traz looked back, the door was closed (no shit), he had not done it, and the wind hadn’t done either since the weather was supposed to be clear skies all day and all night. The fear could be easily seen in his eyes, he stepped back a bit until he stepped onto the rotting crimson carpet on the floor. In a nutshell and simply because I’m freaking lazy when it comes to details, he was disgusted…

Traz’s eyes had finally adjusted to the extreme darkness that was the house he was now trapped in. He took a long wide look at where he was, first he looked at the carpet he was standing on, to say the least, the crimson color stood out even in the dark, he contained numerous holes throughout the entire carpet which led all the way to the stairs at the end of the hallway and then turned to the sides leading to other rooms he thought. The carpet looked to be embroidered; however Traz was in a deep thought as to whether it was a faded color or mold, either way it didn’t really matter.

“Hello?” He asked, hoping that this was all part of the welcoming party. “Anypony there?” No answer… Traz began to look around the house, hoping to find somepony lurking about and end to what he hoped was just a cruel joke they were playing on him. He found himself slowly entering a large room; it was closest to the front entrance so it was most convenient for him. The room, like the main room he was in before was pitch black dark, however know that his eyes were adjusted, he could see well enough to know where he was. The room had a huge table and numerous chairs set around it, “most likely the dining room” Traz said to himself, his mind unfortunately being the only companion he had. Toward the middle of the table laid a rather large cake and unlike the rest of the things in this house, it wasn’t rotting.

“There was someone else in the house, there had to be!” He thought, as the observed the cake he saw at the top there a candle that was losing its flame so much that he had to be this close to it to even notice that it even existed. The cake itself was big enough to be a wedding cake; it was a 3 layer cake, each layer being about 6 inches high and stacked on top of each other. Each layer was also had pink frosting on the top and bottom and looked too good to be true. Traz licked the bottom layer; it tasted like cupcakes and cherries…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was so confused. The sheer creepiness of the house and a freshly made cake on the dining room table was all too frightening for Traz, he sat down on one of the chairs to gather his thoughts. Although he was sitting down and trying his best to stay calm, much thinking wasn’t done at this time, the chair he sat on was the same as the rest of the wood furniture in the house, rotting and utterly disgusting all together. Traz was afraid that as soon as he sat down, the thing would crumble to pieces! Adding onto to that fear, he constantly looked back at the doorway he came in the room at to make sure nopony would sneak up behind him and kill him. He was done thinking this was a game.

He got off the chair he sat upon, he no longer wanted to be in the room, he looked for the nearest exit, and he found it to be a double door leading further into the house. He rushed over to it, he didn’t know why but the fresh cake just sitting in the middle of the room freaked him out entirely. He forcefully pushed the double doors open with his hooves and took a moment to take note of his surroundings. He saw a rusted oven and heater near the right corner; dishwasher and stove were right next to the door. With all the cooking supplies/furniture (I don’t know) in such a small room, it made moving around a hassle for Traz. He finally made it to the end of the small room after all the squishing around pass the stove and oven, there was nothing there. He looked toward the ground and saw a quite delectable wonder on the floor. Like the cake, it was fresh. He picked it up with his slightly calmed hoof, he took a bite, it was an amazing cupcake…

He finished off the cupcake that he found on the floor, and proceed to go through the hassle of getting out of the cramped room to the dining room. He made it toward the double doors leading outside to the dining room when he heard a demented giggling coming from outside.

“Hello?” Traz thought he’d try again in hopes that this was not his imagination. No response. He pushed the doors open and just stared at the grand cake at the middle of the table. He couldn’t put his hoof on it, but it seemed different than before. Staring at the cake the entire time he walked toward the exit into the main foyer, his mind kept thinking who could be doing this to him? What had he done to cause such a creepy thing to be done on him? He approached the door and turned away to the room he saw across the hallway. Just as he was going to make his way toward the room, he heard muffled shouts coming from the cake. He stared back at it. The yelling continued for a few minutes with each one drawing Traz closer and closer toward the mysterious cake. Traz was at the table now leaning in toward the cake when the muffled yells finally stopped. He stuck his hoof out in an attempt to touch the cake. He could touch and feel the softness of it when a pony jumped out of said cake and scared Traz onto the ground. The Pony grabbed a giant wood hammer from the cake and swung it toward Traz’s head. He was frozen in fear as the hammer’s head came closer and closer, all he could get out was:
“The cake was a lie!”
*SMACK*