• Published 8th Mar 2013
  • 8,708 Views, 342 Comments

Spike: The Last Draconian - Maneiac



Spike discovers who he truly is, much to the chagrin of Equestria as a whole.

  • ...
32
 342
 8,708

Finding a Master: Finale

Spike

This is not where I pictured I would be, seeing as how I passed out in a plummet to my death. In front of me was a castle, but it wasn’t anything as fanciful as the Crystal Castle and Canterlot Castle. It was menacing, almost foreboding as I looked upon the swirling mass of clouds in the sky above it. They radiated malicious intent and had a blue hue to them, amidst the more prominent grey of the sky. This blue hue, illuminated the castle in a type of cursed light, almost as if looking upon it was a sin. White birds flew around it, and never over top of it. Where could I be, surrounded on both sides by rock and tree as this unknown valley attempted to consume me.

But how? How did I end up here? What’s my purpose for being here? maybe I’m dead and this is what the afterlife looks like? So many questions with not enough answers...

“So how long are you going to just stand there,” A voice asked me in irritation. I froze up, my natural instinct telling me to book it now and not look back. I couldn’t move even if I wanted to, for my legs were fear-locked in place. “This is your Magical Core, and quite frankly, I don’t see why you’re so terrified of it!” I closed my eyes as I quickly turned around, coming face to face with...

“Me???” My face was a mixture of fear and shock as an older, eviler me stood there. His arms were crossed, and I couldn’t help but notice that he was stark naked. He was muscular, but not overly so. So I guess that makes him, in shape? Bah, semantics. Who needs em’? I also noticed how his scales were a royal-purple, which made him look darker, almost sinister. That angry mug he was wearing wasn’t helping things either.

“I do have to thank you, for giving me this body. If you hadn’t fucked up and inserted that evil magic into your head, I probably would’ve had to take control of your mind the old fashioned way,” Older Spike eyed me like a predator would a piece of meat. I’ve been hunted before, in my attempts to see Zecora on the Everfree Forest. A carnivorous animals eyes when they're looking at you to be lunch is one of the most scariest things I can think of, “But I digress. As it stands, I’m currently exhibiting about one-fourth of our magical potential in order to keep you alive. This should go without saying, but without you, I die.” Older Spike said as he shook his head, still keeping his arms crossed.

“Well, that doesn’t explain the scenery here,” I exclaimed as I swung my hand around, indicating that I might everything around us, “Where am I!? Am I dead or just super close!? You’ve done nothing but talk circles around me, and I don’t see how that’s-”

Pain interrupted me as something large impacted my stomach. Keeling over from wind loss, I looked up and say a dark-purple fist where my stomach once rested.

“You’re annoying. I’ve already said that this is your Magical Core, so why do you want to know where you are? Before anymore stupid questions can be asked, let me start out by saying that I’ve been safeguarding our body and accumulating our magic from behind the scenes. Everything you see here, was the work of me. I shaped this core with our magic since you were small, and I’ve been maintaining it as well. You, on the other hand,” He said darkly as I felt a force grip around my neck and hoist me up slowly. Older Spike wasn’t touching me, but a magical green aura that radiates murder gave me insight on what was happening!

“He’s using telekinesis!? Only unicorns and alicorns can use magic!? Not only that, but the fact that it’s affecting me right now speaks volumes! I’m a dragon, so magic would be nigh impossible to use on me!!!” I struggled against the force that was closing my windpipe. A chuckle came forth from my darker counterpart as I dangled in the air, my feet just barely touching the ground.

“Why are you so surprised!? This is merely a warm up! There’s so much I, no...We can do arcane-wise!!! You don’t know how strong you are, Spike! But I~ do! I can teach you so much, but I need your cooperation! So what do you say!? It’s either help me help you,” His sudden maniacal/giddy mood ended here as his face took a darker path, “Or die by asphyxiation.” The pain, it won’t...stop.

“F-f-f-f-f-fine,” I breathed out. I began coughing and sucking in a lot of air as his grip released me and I collided face first with the ground. Once my fit was over, I felt that particular cough coming around again. I braced myself as I raised a clw to my moth, intercepting the Cursed Cough as it came out. My eyes widened in wonder at what I saw when I gazed upon my open hand,

“There’s...no blood! A curse was put on me so that I would die in a matter of days, blood from this cough being the only indicator that the curse is still in me! But, there’s no blood! Does that mean-”

“Yeah. I terminated that curse. It’s low-level Darkness Magic, which is so below us that it shames me to think it had you scared. You’re becoming a bitch, don’t you think?” Older Spike said disappointedly as I scowled. I don’t know what that ‘bitch’ word meant, but the way it sounds made me angry for some reason. I thought it better not to retaliate against the guy who nearly strangled me, however.

“So we’ve reached a compromise, Spike?” Older me asked as he helped me up, my face flooding with relief that my life was no longer in danger.

“Yeah. Thanks for everything,” I shook his hand and was about to ask for directions out of here, but stopped when I thought about something from earlier, “What about those swirling clouds? What do they represent since this is my Magical Core?” His face took on a bored expression, which I assumed meant he was not to thrilled about explaining this.

“Those clouds represent the desynchronization of your latent power. In other words, you’ve been neglecting what you were called to be ever since you were born. Over time, the clouds came and shrouded your core; that castle, with ignorance. You are a prodigy with the arcane arts, a being higher than anything alive right now! But, you were prematurely hatched before any real instructor could find you. Thus began your life of subjugation to those...horses, and their friendship! Disgusting vermin, all of them!” Older Spike ground his teeth in unadulterated fury, which made me gulp as he kept constant eye contact with me.

“You are the Son of Vorlianth, Son of Sevinna! You were born into a seat of power that has been taken from you by useless morals and codes! You’re not a dragon...oh no!!! Such feeble creatures they are! We, are Draconians!!! And the time has come...for us to take back our birthright.” His voice grew dark as a maniacal smile formed on his face.

“NO,” I yelled, not wanting to believe a word he was saying. I could, however, feel a tiny glimmer of truth hidden in those words that made me second guess my outburst, “I mean...that is. I’m me. Not the Son of Vorlianth or Sevinna. I chose to be me!” His smile faltered at my words and a scowl soon replaced it. I didn’t have time to react as another blow was dealt to my stomach, making me retch and empty my stomach.

“HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING!!!??? What I say is the truth, Spike! Those words you just spoke are why Lucian was able to curse you in the first place! You are denying who you are, yet again!!! How long, child!? How long will you keep running from that whore, Celestia!? How long will you suffer until your mind snaps and you lose sight of yourself for good!? There are beings in other planes, other dimensions, coveting and scheming on our power! How will you explain to your mother and father in the afterlife that you rejected them, without even trying out power they gave to you!? You’re an ungrateful, SACK OF SHIT!!!”

I had begun picking myself off the ground when I felt something impact my stomach again.

WHUMMMP!!!

I was sent flying as Older Spike kicked me in the chest, sending me into a wall of rock to my left. I cratered it, hearing the mind shattering snapping of my ribs breaking and possibly my spine. I cried out in pain before it was just...gone. The pain was gone, and every bruise and scratch I got was too.

“This is but another form of our power. As you may or may not know, your mother was a paladin and a vindicator. Her skills in light-based magic were only lower than Light’s. In order to feed this power, you must be willing to put yourself in danger for your comrades and build strong, pure bods with others. That is Light Magic. It’s not how strong you are, but it’s how strong you are through others. Living in Equestria for all these years has made you soft, but it has also nurtured Sevinna’s Magic inside of you. That, is why you were able to heal so fast.” Older Spike still looked pissed off, but he also seemed more restrained. I was sent maybe a hundred feet into this wall, but he closed the distance instantly by disappearing and reappearing in front of me. How’d the Tartarus did he pull that off!!??

“This goes without saying, but Vorlianth’s Magic has been dwindled down to almost nothing. This is dangerous for two reasons,” He raised a claw and two of the five fingers on it, “One; without Vorlianth’s Magic, I’ll cease to exist,” He put a finger down, “And two; this ultimately means that you’ll die. Simple as that.” His remaining finger went down as he turned on the balms of his feet to face away from me.

“In order to regain Vorlianth’s Magic, you and I must fuse our beings together. I am; after all, what’s left of his birthright to you,” Older Spike said as he turned back around and pulled me from my crater. I literally popped out, making the noise and everything. He helped me back onto my feet, “So what do you say? Can we agree to take back what was lost? I’ll even sweeten the deal for you! I’ll teach you the ways of Natural Magic, in exchange for the synchronization.”

“I need some time to think this over. Too much is happening right now, and I can’t really wrap my head around it. Can ya give me a sec?” I asked.I could tell he was fighting back a frown with the forced smile he had on, reminding me of AJ when she tries to hide something. He nodded.

So, I would need to fuse with him in order to restore my birthright? And; if I don’t, I’ll die. Seems simple enough, but I doubt that just by us fusing together, Vorlianth’s Magic will return to it’s full power, “Vorlianth’s power won’t regualte itself if we just fuse, will it?” I asked with as much venom as I could muster, scaring myself at how I sounded just like him.

“No,” He responded with a sigh, “It won’t. There’s only two things make a Necromancer’s power grow. Do you really, want to know of them? I assure you, It’ll make you retch.” He glanced over his royal=purple shoulder to stare at me with his soulless eyes. In them, I could see nation’s burning and destruction at its finest. It was then that I realized; that he was me, and that I would have to embrace him for us to move forward. At any cost!

“Yeah. In order for us to become whole, I’m gonna need to know what makes my necromancy tick. Spill it.” He turned around with a smile on his face. A smile so wide, I feared that it would split his head in two.

“A Necromancer deals with the five realms of existence. Flesh, Spirit, Blood, Death and Mind. In order to grow in power, a necromancer must devour souls, flesh and blood. this is a task that you’ve already done, much to you chagrin I take it?” He asked amusedly as my eyes widened in fear! I killed someone!?

“Who did I kill and why!?” I yelled out angrily.

“Relax. It was a band of mercenaries that were getting ready to do you in. I merely...replenished, our dwindling necromantic capabilities. Of course that means you devoured maybe twenty or more souls, but your a necromancer! Who’s gonna call you wrong!? Not I, for it was me who did it! Well...us, if you want semantics and details.” At hearing that it wasn’t someone innocent my mind relaxed, but I still felt like throwing up again. I can’t believe I ate other sentient beings!!!

“I-I’m a m-m-m-monster! Who knows what’ll-” Older Spike coughed into his claw, bringing me from my throes of remorse.

“Sorry pal, those are the brakes. We’re given a hand, and now we must play it! I say our first rule of business is to get you some new clothes, ones that’ll fit your new bad-assness.” Upon saying this, his aura returned and began morphing his top half into a breastplate and cape. His lower half turned into greaves and other lower-body armor. They stayed suspended in the air, and I must say that the color choice was pretty good!

‘Now, touch me and you’ll finally break those clouds over your Magical Core. Once we fuse, this armor will not come off unless it’s for procreation or using the bathroom. You should also know that once we fuse, there will be no going back. Will be synced together in perfect unison, which means we’ll blend together. It will feel strange at first, but it will come to pass.’ I could hear him in my head like I could with Nightmare. It was almost as if he was speaking through a fishbowl. Odd.

“Alright, so I just touch it like this and-” As I touched the armor, the world exploded in a vibrant splash of color. The last thing I saw before I blanked out was my Magical Core in its entirety.


---

Pat. Pat. Pat-pat.

I began to stir again, and I hoped that this time I was in the real world and not my Magical Core. Fluttering my eyes, I could barely see through the haze my eyes had. Everything seemed cloudy, like a camera that was without focus. I blinked once or twice, finally seeing my eyesight clear up. A smile crossed my face as I sat up, moonlight making wherever I was slightly perceptible. Carefully, I got to my feet but stopped when I hear a clanking sound. Looking down, I noticed that I was in my armor that was bestowed upon me by Older Spike.

‘Just call me Vorvin. That’s what your name was supposed to be anyway.’ Sounds fair enough. Scanning myself, I noticed how my armor wasn’t covering my belly button, letting their natural color give the illusion of armor being there. The armor feels unnaturally lightweight, and now that I think about it...

I feel stronger somehow. Like I took an energy supplement for magic! This is awesome!!!” I began throwing punches, watching them cut through the air faster than what I was used to seeing. It was incredible. Words couldn’t describe how supercharged I was! Keyword, was.

I decided to stomp on the ground. which was a big mistake as I felt something get squished and stick to the bottom of my foot. Lifting my foot into the moonlight, my face took on a visage of fear and disgust. I threw up right then and there. I continued to throw up for what felt like hours, feeling my insides burn. I stopped as I gagged, some spit hanging off my mouth as little translucent bridges connecting me to the wooden floor.

“That was something’s head,” I mentally screamed as I steeled my heart and looked around the room. I threw up again. All over the room, corpses hung from ceiling fans by their intestines. Some corpses looked to be sodomized by pool sticks, making them stand erect as the poles exited them via their mouths. Blood flooded the floor in gallons, making me realize that I had been standing in blood for a while now. I opened my eyes and wished I hadn’t; for in front of me, in the red smooze that is my bile, rested an eyeball. I screamed in terror as I rose up from the blood-drenched ground and rammed the sheet metal wall, breaking through it without hindrance.

I ran into the night and into the forest directly in front of the shack, not wincing as branches and vines clawed at my face. I ran for what seemed like twenty minutes, never once looking back to the murder scene I just left. Out of breath and starving, I found myself on a dirt path with a wooden sign just a couple of meters to my right. I ran to it, although my pace wasn’t as frantic as before. I was covered in blood and guts, wanting desperately to take a shower.

When I reached the sign, I noticed words written on it with white paint.

Zistral: --->

Hooping that it was some sort of civilization, I began following the path. My mind wandered to Luna and how she might be taking all of this. She could be anywhere by now, but I’m surprised she hadn’t found me.

‘I prevented her from doing so. She would have interrupted our chat and ruined our synchronization. She practiced Necromancy as Nightmare Moon, and would never approve of this half of your birthright. Which means she would’ve inadvertently killed you, just to satisfy her own desire of not seeing you practice it.’ Vorvin had a point. If Luna had interfered, then I wouldn’t have made the decision I did. I’m still a little angry that he didn’t tell me that I would wake up in a bucking morgue, however.

‘What did you want me to say? “Hey Spike, I literally devoured around thirty Anthro Snakes and feasted on their souls. So, don’t be surprised when you wake up and some eyes without a head to go with them are staring you in the face?” Yeah, like you wouldn’t have freaked out you limp-dick nub-humper.’ Vorvin’s response was quite vehement, was it not?

“Whatever. You just better keep your promise about teaching me. I can’t wait until I reach this ‘Zistral’, it sounds like a place of peace! And hopefully, a shower!” I said in happiness as a giant wall began making itself apparent in the distance. That has to be the town! YES!!!

It won’t be long now!