• Published 8th Mar 2013
  • 8,708 Views, 342 Comments

Spike: The Last Draconian - Maneiac



Spike discovers who he truly is, much to the chagrin of Equestria as a whole.

  • ...
32
 342
 8,708

The Necromancer and The Swordsman: Finale

Dameion

My vision cleared of the dream I was having, making me shake my head quickly. I even threw in a couple of slaps for good measure., but recoiled in hurt and shock at how much pain I felt from each one. This is my body, right? So why am I accidentally hurting myself!?

“You done spacing out, kid? Good,” That was Maxxis’s voice alright. Everything that happened before I blanked out came forth from the depths of my mind. I cracked my neck habitually, turning it left and right with a hand, “Now that you’re all warmed up, you can finally take this ass-whoopin’ that’s been stewing for half an’ hour.” Maxxis cracked his neck quickly, without using his hands like I do.

“Scum,” I said aloofly, causing my eyes to widen to a voice that wasn’t mine. Not only that, but my mouth just kept running, “Trash like you has no right to threaten me, not with your amount of power. You should consider yourself lucky that I haven’t thrown you into the dun-mhh neerr vrmmm...” I covered up my mouth in the hope of stopping that disrespectful tirade. I chanced a glance over to my would-be opponent and nearly wet myself.

Maxxis was trembling in anger, his eyes completely shrouded in black as he walked stiffly towards my location. Every step he took left an imprint of his foot in the brown earth below. He stopped just shy of touching our chests together. This close proximity created an enclosed and heavy atmosphere, which made me feel as if I was being stuffed into a tiny toy-chest.

“The fuck you just say to me,” Maxxis said as I noticed his arm tense and his hand ball up. I quickly averted my gaze, not wanting to give the impression that I noticed that movement. After that, I lowered my hand. I knew that something disrespectful would be said, so instead of coming up with something on my own, I decided to let my mouth do it. I’ll have to find some way to contact Monochrome about that, "WELL!!??"

“Maggot.” I was rewarded with a scarlet fist slamming into my...HAND!!!??? How the hell did I do that!? Maxxis even seemed taken aback, for he directed a questioning glance at the fist and then at me. He stayed like that for a while, until he tried giving me a high kick to the right side of my head. If I hadn’t been empowered by Monochrome, I wouldn’t have noticed that tree-trunk sized leg until it smacked me in the side of my head. But since I was empowered, my body reacted to the attack instantaneously.

Faster than either I or Maxxis could register, he was flipping in the air after I twisted his wrist and used it to turn his whole body. He kind of resembled a crucifix as he spun about, with me counting four rotations before his face impacted the ground roughly.

“Useless. My power dwarfs all. You should stay down there like the wiggling and disgusting grub you are. Go ahead, burrow into the dirt you insect.” That aloof voice was pretty cool, but it wasn’t doing anything to remedy the situation. Maxxis growled and as he rose, tried to sweep my feet from under me with a leg. I jumped to evade, but quickly felt pain similar to being hit in the chest with a log.

I flew backwards, offering a grunt of pain as I landed on my ass. My body, still acting on its own accord, rose quickly from the dirt. Maxxis was upon me in seconds, throwing hooks at me while jabbing every once in awhile. This non-stop onslaught had me dodging his slow but powerful hits, my offense completely cut off from his slow-but-precise rhythm.

“You can’t keep backpedaling forever! You’re gonna run into a building, and that’s when I’m gonna clobber you!” Maxxis was gone, that’s for sure. This must be...what did she call it...Feral Focus? Yeah, that’s it! Feral Focus! Maxxis has entered Feral Focus, his eyes completely clouded red. It was like looking into a possessed person, but the black of their eyes was replaced with red.

“Disgusting. I had already pegged you for an animal, but for you to embrace your animalistic and primal nature... it has lowered your position on the hierarchical chain that much more. You are now filth. And just like filth, you deserve to be cleaned. So why not start with...” Maxxis growled as he threw a lightning-fast right straight at my face. I felt my body do something incredible at that point in time. It’s one of those moments that time slows down for, because it’s too awesome to be seen in regular speed.

I felt my body execute a jump, which turned into a front flip in mid-air, and landed me squarely on his outstretched fist. Time sped back up as the enraged face of Maxxis settled on my eyes again. He gave a snarl of anger, letting me see the rows of pearly white canines. From there, my body flipped again as he retracted the recently thrown fist. I felt my right foot extend as I flipped in the air a couple of times, building speed and what only felt like...an electric charge!!?

I could feel and see my body become encompassed in a spinning wheel of yellow lighting, lashing out against anything metal in the vicinity. Up until now, my body was still spinning at the same exact height where it first began, but now it started its sure descent to the ground. However, I felt the heel of my foot impact something solid, stopping me in mid-air in an awkward angle as my mouth opened to finish its statement from earlier, “...Your clock.”

WHUMPHHH....ZAPPPPPP!!!

Maxxis lit up like an electrical storm, his body completely covered in a spiky aura of yellow lightning that pulsed and shocked him continuously, his mouth wide open in a scream of agony. I landed on two feet (somehow) and stepped back from the electrocuting scarlet-mass of madness in front of me. My mouth opened again, declaring the name of that attack quite proudly.

“Topaz Lightning: Heaven’s Arch.” Upon finishing the name, Maxxis...exploded! The area was washed in grey smoke and the smell of burning flesh. I covered my mouth and nose, to protect from both the smell and smoke. It stung my eyes, so I had to lower them in order to block off easy access for the hurtful cloud of dust and embers.

“You’re lower than me. This battle was meaningless from the beginning, filth. I know you are not dead, so squirm your way out of the smoke and prostrate yourself before me. It’s the only way you’ll be keeping your life tonight.” The sheer amount of swagger in my voice was titillating! I would be lying if I said that this voice wasn’t awesome. Hell, I was even starting to believe that this is my voice!

But crawl Maxxis did. His legs must’ve been a bad way to absorb the force. They looked like one of those oriental-finger traps, with blood seeping from them. He was using his arms to crawl towards me, growling at me with Feral Focus still active. Pitiful. His adrenaline is preventing him from realizing that the battle has reached its conclusion. In fact, I don’t think he’ll be able to come down from his Feral ‘high’ unless he...well...dies.

I shivered.

I’ve killed before, and to all those people who say killing is easy for them...that’s bullshit. You’ve just simply lost what it means to be sentient. No one should be able to kill someone and not feel anything, that’s merely desensitization. You’ve become an animal.

And Dergan’s face still haunts me to this day. How he went out laughing like a madman, as if he knew something that I didn’t.

Glomp!

I winced as something grabbed my ankle and squeezed. Maxxis probably.

I looked down and confirmed my sure-fire guess. Maxxis was gripping both of my ankles with his hands and was squeezing the circulation out of them.

“Y-y-y-y-you're....dead....m-m-meat.” Maxxis growled, but it was stopped short when a glob of blood and gore rushed from his mouth. It dribbled down the side of his jaw, looking like a waterfall of strawberry syrup.

This is cruel; his abnormality that is. If I left him alone, he would die before he noticed he was dead. I don’t want him to suffer. Hell, I didn’t even want things to escalate this quickly. I should’ve just walked away, but my pride got in the way and he’s the one paying for it.

I’ll have to put him out of his misery...

“Revolting. How dare you touch me. I’ll squash you like the larva you are.” Without my say-so, my right hand balled into a fist and began collecting yellow lightning inside of it.

“I don’t want to kill him!!! STOP!!!” I yelled out in my head, hoping that Monochrome can hear me.

No answer...

“Topaz Lightning....” My whole arm was engulfed with yellow lightning now, the sound likened to a million tasers cracking and going off repeatedly. My other hand went down to hold Maxxis’s head in place, so that I wouldn’t miss. In my head, I was still screaming for Monochrome to stop. I don’t know if he’s the one doing this or not, but I definitely wanted this to stop!

“....Ground Current.” My electrified fist made contact with Maxxi’s neck, snapping it on contact. My ears nearly imploded as the thunder clap came later, the attack actually branching off into the sky.

Sunrise.

It was finally sunrise. I looked up, tears rolling down my face from the heinous act I never imagined myself doing. Did I know that most of the battles to be King would result in death for my challenger? Sure I did.

The only that was different about this? He was my friend, and it wasn’t a tournament match either. This struggle was a pointless argument that went too far, and now Maxxis is dead. I can’t show my face to Arma; she’ll probably kill me in the midst of her abnormality. But what about...Spike. I’d have to tell someone about this body.

I lowered my head and looked at the ashes where Maxxis was once whole. Now there’s nothing left to even bury. I’m knee-deep in the shit now, and there doesn’t seem to be an embankment anywhere. I’m going to tell Spike about what I did, move out of the house, and live by myself.

I felt a presence behind me, due to my recent empowerment I can do that now. So I turned around and came face to face with the last person I ever wanted to see, my eyes widening at what was about to happen.

“Wow. So you killed Maxxis Murdok in battle? In a non-official tournament match? Hangers. You got some serious hangers, my friend.” The blue armored figure, standing just an inch shorter than me, walked past my current position and over to Maxxis’s scorch mark.

“You’re in some trouble kiddo. He was number ten in the Zistral Swords. They’ll be gunning for you now,” He bent down and grabbed some of the ashes in his black-with-blue-stripe gauntlet...before instantly encasing them in ICE!!!??? How the hell is that even posibl-, “I suggest getting some training in.” He raised back up to full height and walked back from where he came.

“Wait a minute!” I called out. He stopped and looked at me from over his shoulder, his face hidden behind the oval-shaped, skin-tight helmet he had on that matched his gauntlets and everything else. There was something...nostalgic about this guy!

“You’re probably wondering if you’ve just made an enemy on this day, right?” He asked with a smug tone.

“No. I was going to tell you that your armor sucks.” DAMN THAT ALOOF VOICE!!!!

“You’re an ass.” The armored figure said angrily before taking off with some wings that had just...sprouted from his back. I watched soar away, towards the Royal Castle in the distance. He must be a very high ranking noble to live so close to the castle. That, or have outstanding relation with the Lady Crimson.

One thing’s for sure, this day is starting to look like shit. But somehow, I think that its only going to get worse from here.

I glanced back the scorch mark one more time before walking back towards the Murdok residence. I need someone to talk to, and it’ll be worng of me to keep Maxxis’s death hidden from Arma. I just hope she’ll actually see reason and not try to skin me like a goat.

Something compelled me to stop as I got a good distance away from Maxxis’s place of death, so I did. I took another glance back, wiping my face of tears from the loss of a friend. That’s when I saw something magical...

I gave a weak smile at that. I guess the rumors are true...

There’s beauty in death.