• Published 8th Mar 2013
  • 8,702 Views, 342 Comments

Spike: The Last Draconian - Maneiac



Spike discovers who he truly is, much to the chagrin of Equestria as a whole.

  • ...
32
 342
 8,702

First Impressions

Dameion

Scarlet with little hints of lavender dotted the sky, for the evening had replaced the afternoon. The area in the adjacent space was nothing but forest and dirt. There was a single wooden sign in front of him, but given your surroundings it seemed appropriate. Dameion had been trekking through the woods for a long time, almost giving up on the hope that he would find some type of path that’ll lead to civilization. But that was then-even though ‘then’ was five fucking minutes ago-and this is now. Raising a claw to his chin, the white paint letters finally made themselves readable.

In horrible chicken scratch; the sign read, “Zistral: One and a Half miles.” The sign even pointed an arrow in the direction of where he was supposed to walk. This was pleasing, because he had arrived here through the underbrush directly behind his location. Having said that; if the sign had not an arrow pointing in the direction of the town, Dameion would’ve went through the brush directly behind the sign. He chuckled darkly.

“I was going to burn this place to the ground if that happened.” He said out loud. The dirt and twigs that he had been standing on became dust as he turned on his heels and began walking again. He was more or less thirty minutes away from his destination, which gave him a new source of energy. He also needed a bath, very...very badly. The dirt and grime itched him in places he didn’t even know existed.

Walking along the trail, he became entranced in the beautiful scenery that-for a change- wasn’t trying to piss him off. The occasional songbird flew by his head, chirping it’s love song to any female willing to take the plunge with him. Then, there were the trees. They provided an excellent shade from the blistering sun overhead, which only recently grew stronger with it’s light and heat. Vines wove themselves between the branches, like snakes constricting an arm.

Dameion shook his head back and forth, trying to eject that description from existence. He was, afterall, in the middle of a forest. He knew not of any dangerous wildlife here, or if any existed for that matter. Having these thoughts only made him jittery and on edge. Although he remembered some of his past during his trek through the forest, he could never remember being this sensitive.

It was rather humbling, the memories that swamped him earlier. He could only remember brief amounts of information. For instance, he was a Prince. Prince Dameion Astra Setsuya: Heir to the Throne of Zistral and Son of His Lordship Dergan Zix Setsuya. He was a supposed, “Hero King”, that saved the nation from the thralls of the Gryphon Kingdom. It was a war that happened a thousand-years ago, over territory no less. He stopped as he saw a wall of...silver substance glistening in the evening sun.


The substance appeared to be made out of fire as the sun danced across it’s face. Things were starting to get a little creepy as he walked ever closer to his destination. As he neared, the silver substance became shaped like a massive gate. There was a long black line and wires of green and red running into it. There was a figure sitting on a folding chair just in front of the door. Thank goodness, it was another draconian!

“Hey, you there! In front of the gate! Be this my city of Zistral!?” Dameion called out to the lone sentry. The sentry in question looked up and tilted it’s black ten-gallon hat back. The draconian was dressed in a red trench-coat with black zippers and trim. It had black pants with many pockets adorning them, with gold zippers holding them closed. The draconian also had black combat boots with two laces tied tightly twice. t’s red, serpent-like eyes sparkled in confirmation of another draconian walking up on him.

“Well ain’t this the cat’s pajamas! Who be this baby grand ankling up to me!?” The draconian said with a bright smile, showcasing it’s abnormally long incisors and canines. Dameion’s face went stock still as he only formed one reply.

“Wut?” Dameion asked with a dead face.

“Don’t futz around with me, daddy-o! I asked for your name tag!” The draconian said with a serious face. It was obviously sensitive about it’s dialect. Dameion, being the gentleman that he is, gave his name and title and waited for a response from the sentry. The unknown draconian simply put it’s head down and began to snicker, before picking it’s head back up and making direct eye contact.

“You’re one of dem’ cats that like to punch the bag! My name’s A-R-M-A.” The draconian spelled out slowly. This annoyed it’s conversational partner well, for he inclined an eyebrow with a snort.

“How’s it pronounced, idiot!?” Dameion snapped. Arma looked taken aback at being called an idiot. It shook it’s head and snickered as it stood from it’s chair and brought it’s face mere millimeters from Dameion’s. The draconian finished this invasion of personal space with a snort.

“Now how’s a bringdown like yourself supposed to be ankling his way in Zistral!?” Arma answered in anger. This exchange of ‘angry question for angry question’ continued on for about five minutes...until they both heard the gargantuan doors behind them slowly open. Surprisingly, as the doors opened, Dameion felt nervous.


“Why in the everlasting stars am I nervous?” Arma was wondering and feeling the same thing as Dameion while the doors creaked loudly. It took a total of two minutes before the doors completely opened, revealing a stout draconian will garnett-eyes and mane. It was male, for it’s pectoral muscles(And every other muscle for that matter!) bulged like they would burst from his chest. He cast a haphazard glance at both Dameion and Arma, sizing them up briefly before snorting.

While he snorted; a plume of garnet smoke billowed about from his nostrils, providing the surrounding space with a sulfur-like smell. Dameion tried to hide the fact that he was nauseated from the plume of smoke, strictly because of manners. The unknown draconian then sighed deeply as he hung his head and shook it back and forth. This was done as a gesture of disappointment or aggravation, for he then scrunched up his brow with a claw.

“I come out here expecting some type of action and all I get is another draconian who looks like he came out of a cheesy romance novel!?” The draconian said with a hint of sorrow in his voice. For some reason, Dameion felt his blood begin to boil. He was quite sure that this draconian had just insulted him; without even introducing himself! “And you,” He turned towards Arma now, “What in the everlasting FUCK are you doing!!? You have one job. One job! It’s to keep wondering FUCKtards like this pansy-ass right here out of the city until the new King is chosen!!! I’m really lost, on why this miserable excuse for a SHITSTAIN isn’t a pile of blood and cartilage right now!!!” The draconian was obviously furious at Arma.

Another draconian was furious, but not at Arma...

“EXCUSE ME,” Dameion walked right up to the unknown draconian and turned his whole body around with one hand! “You have the breath of an Ursa Minor’s taint, yet you yell in the face of a sentry who was not even given a chance to speak!? Have you no sense of wrong in that, ridiculous , overweight, useless pound of gray matter up there!?” Dameion narrowed his eyes dangerously at the new draconian. He really didn’t like the way the draconian conducted himself. It was almost feral, for heaven’s sake!

The unknown draconian took one look at Dameion and waved him off. This sent the Prince over the edge. If there was one thing that this ignoramus wasn’t going to do, it was ignore him. He turned the draconian around again, cracking him in the face with a right hook that pushed the right side of his face to his left. The draconian was lifted off the ground and flew to his right, where he landed on the ground with a loud thump.

Arma lost all color in it’s body. That punch was absolutely devastating!!! It even had no magic behind it!!! Who was this guy who appeared out of nowhere!? Plus, he even managed to sneak a shot in against one of Zistral’s greatest fighters; Maxxis Murdok! He was ranked as the tenth strongest draconian in existence!


Dameion opened his fist and began to shake his hand. The aftereffect of the punch was starting to catch up with him, but the brute deserved every last bit of pain he got from that hook. He was acting like a plebeian, or an animal for that rather. “The fact that were the same species ALONE, sickens me to no end!” Dameion thought as he rested the claw he hooked Maxxis with by his side again. Dameion turned towards Arma again, with a smile replacing the disgusted look he had earlier.

“I’m sorry for what you had to see here,” Dameion apologized immediately. Although, he wasn’t sorry for punching that barbarian in the face. “Why, the only difference between that callous moron and a Feral is the fact that he’s not constantly horny!” Dameion shook his head and snickered quietly at his own joke; before looking back up at Arma. The ruby’s stared back into his own topaz’s. “I would normally stray from violent measures, but he was asking for it I’m afraid. Also, I’m pretty sure that you haven’t really introduced yourself! I would love to know more about the vixen I have quite brutishly saved!”

Arma looked as if she had swallowed a brick, for she was watching one of the most heart-pounding moments unfold right before her eyes. A crimson shadow with glowing garnet-eyes slowly rose itself from the ground and proceeded to walk soundlessly behind Dameion. Her heart was beating a mile a minute as her full attention was on the shadowed-Maxxis, who was now licking distance away from Dameion.

Dameion’s eyes went wide as a sense of pain like nothing he’s ever felt skyrocketed through his back. He collapsed, screaming in agony and cursing at the same time. The right side of his back hurt like never before as he tried to grip at wound he knew was there; only to find a hole the size of his head where something was supposed to be. That’s when it dawned on him. Every draconian, great or small, had wings...

“HAH,” Maxxis laughed as he swung the grew wing with feathers and scales around like a flag. The wing was the size of a grown draconian, for it needed to be that big in order to lift an eight foot tall creature from the ground. Yet, as the blood splattered the ground, Maxxis showed little to no fatigue from swinging the gargantuan appendage to and fro. What happened next would scar Arma for life as she couldn’t help but watch, completely fear-locked in place.

A draconian’s wing, much akin to those of a dragon, had bones strong enough to shatter for red oaks lined up next to each other. Having said that; you could drop a boulder the size of a wrecking ball on the wing and the boulder would break. Maxxis rose the hand that held the wing and with a roar that nearly made Arma cry, proceed to beat Dameion into the ground with his own appendage.


The pain was unbearable. Dameion yelled in absolute pain and nausea, as he even released bile upon himself after the third strike. He was now being beaten into the ground; with his own wing, in his own bile, while being drenched in his own blood. After the tenth strike, Arma ran over to Maxxis and gripped his torso hard, interrupting the eleventh and many more strikes that were to come. The white’s of her eyes now matched her irises, as she held onto Maxxis with all her might.

“THAT’S ENOUGH BROTHER!!! HE’LL DIE AT THIS RATE!!! YOU WON, SO PLEASE, MAXXIS!!!” Arma yelled into her now revealed brother’s chest. Maxxis snorted in an attempt to calm himself down, the garnet smoke blowing Arma’s hat off her head. The hat floated over to the body of Dameion, which laid battered and broken upon the ground. The stetson drifted over his buttocks and landed over the wound on his back. Maxxis brought a claw up to now exposed garnet mane of his sister and began to run it through her locks, trying to soothe her. It worked, for her wails turned into sobs.

“He brought this upon himself; thinking he could beat me in one hit. His arrogance has brought upon his defeat.” Maxxis said to his still sobbing sibling. She looked up from his moist chest, eyes full of hope. Maxxis knew that look all too well, “Fine,” He said dejectedly, “Go find this fool a healer. By the way he looks, his life isn’t in serious danger. But, he is still prone to an infected wound on his back. You must hurry.” Maxxis sighed as his sister nodded and went over to Dameion’s unconscious body, hoisting him upon her left shoulder and snapping open her wings which were hidden underneath her trench-coat. With two preparatory flaps, she hopped into the air and began ascending the wall slowly.

Maxxis shook his head at the sloppy flying he had to pay witness to. “OH! STOP TALKING LIKE THAT AS WELL!!! YOU SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT WHEN YOU TRY TO, ‘JAZZ IT UP’, AS YOU SO CALL IT!!!” Maxxis yelled to his sibling. She didn’t look back or gave any hint of acknowledgement to him, but she did frown deeply. Maxxis might be older, but he wasn’t her dad! She had reached the minimum height to soar over the wall, so that’s exactly what she did. It was off to find a healer and if she wasn’t fast enough, an undertaker.