• Published 8th Mar 2013
  • 8,702 Views, 342 Comments

Spike: The Last Draconian - Maneiac



Spike discovers who he truly is, much to the chagrin of Equestria as a whole.

  • ...
32
 342
 8,702

Finding a Master: Part 1

Spike

“So let me get this straight;” I said as I tucked my hands into my jean pockets. “My mom and dad were ancient beings of incredible magical strength and intellect. They were also seeing each other when they played for opposite teams, which was dangerous given their title and allegiance. In the end they gave in to their lust and love for one another and mated, making me have the power to utilize magic way before Twilight hatched me. In fact, it wouldn’t have been until another five-thousand years until I did hatch. I was never; supposed to know my friends, but it was all due to circumstance that I did.” I put my chin in a hand I removed from one of my pockets.

“That still, however, doesn’t answer some of the questions I still have. For instance; why was I brought to Equestria and not some other plane of existence or world? I fail to see what makes this place more special than other worlds.” I said as I looked up from my thinking pose to gaze at Krystal. The Crystal Heart seemed to pulsate in thought.

*Let me phrase the answer like this. If you were a parent and a world of peace was possible for your son to grown up in; wouldn’t you send him there, away from all of the fighting?” Krystal explained in a matter-of-factly tone, to which I nodded in comprehension.

“That does make sense.” That, however, doesn’t explain my ability to utilize this Natural Magic that Krystal’s been telling me about for five days. “I know I’ve bothered you with this many times before...but...what exactly is natural magic? How does it differ from the magic Twilight or Celestia uses? How are you sure that I can even utilize such a thing?” I asked quickly, sensing Krystal’s growing irritation.

*Are you an idiot? What the hell have you been doing exactly, that could cause you to forget what we’ve been talkin’ about for five. FUCKING!! DAYS!!!” Holy Sapphires was she mad! I have to calm her down!

“Chill out! Chill out!” I said frantically, afraid that her voice would carry all the way upstairs to where a sleeping Luna lied. I had snuck out of our bed during the afternoon, wanting to learn as much as possible from Krystal about my parents. She really couldn’t tell me anything after the part where Lucian tore my mother’s soul in two, separating her from my mother. She did; however, made it clear that nothing survives having its soul stolen. “Alright, yeah, I’m sorry! It’s just that the whole concept of a different type of magic isn’t that easy to grasp!” I earnestly pleaded for krystal to calm down. I had been robbing myself of sleep for five days, which Luna would kill me for. She insisted that her responsibility outside of raising the moon was to look after me.

*Alright! Then you better have a section of that small ass brain of yours cleared out, cause I’m not fucking explaining this shit again. Damnit, now I can’t stop fucking cussing!*Krystal sighed in exasperation and irritation. *I’m going to assess what you know already. How many types of Natural Magicks are there?* Krystal phrased her question like a command from a drill sergeant. To be perfectly honest, I don’t feel safe with an ancient artifact with enough power to form words being angry with me! I could only remember the Mains, which is what I’m hoping she’s asking for.

“The magicks are: Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Light and Darkness!” I rambled them off like a Royal Guard. Pathetic how a floating rock can instill so much fear into me, huh?

*Good. Now what are the Subs?* She asked with a hint of venom under her breath, which is completely understandable. Seeing as how I’ve had five days to memorize this junk. I rattled them off in my head before putting on my most cocksure smile.

“The Subs for Fire are: Lava and Volcanic Ash! For Water: Ice and Blood! For Earth: Metal and Gem Control! For Wind: Lightning and Oxygen Manipulation! For Light: Holy Flames and Paladin or Vindicator Training! For Darkness: Unholy Magicks such as Necromancy or Demonic Contracts! MA’AM!!!” I was so terrified that I even saluted the floating gem. Perfect.

*Very good! You see what you can accomplish without your head being rammed up your ass?* Krystal replied in a smug tone, making me suck my teeth in annoyance and irritation. *I do have grievous news, however.* The sudden glumness of her voice made me raise an eyebrow. One of Twilight’s old habits had worn off on me over time, so I promptly began pacing back and forth. I was all ears in an instant, waiting for the nes that the Crystal Heart had for me. *I’ve taught you everything I could. For you to truly master your abnormality, you will need the teachings of a master!” I opened my mouth to question her, but a swift cough stopped me. I turned to see an interested Luna eye the Crystal Heart expectantly.

“Whoever could this master be? If one such as this exists, then surely many others share Spike’s abnormality, no?” Luna tossed a very angry glare my way, letting me know that she’s upset quite noticeably about me sneaking out. I shrugged and put on a nervous smile, rubbing the back of my head with a hand. She mouthed, “We’re not done!”, to which I gulped.

“Yikes!!!” I shivered as that face became stuck in my head. The way her eyes radiated anger reminded me of Nightmare Moon! That was scary as Tartarus! She then looked back at Krystal expectantly again, as if nothing happened.

*Oh, I believe you’ve met this particular person many times before, Princess. In fact, she was so close to your sister that it’s a mystery you forgot about her!* Krystal chuckled as she continued playing mind game with Luna, who was becoming impatient seeing as how she was already in a foul mood.

“We’ve grow weary of thy puzzles, rock! Enlighten Us on the whereabouts of said master or there’ll be a geology lesson on the insides of ancient artifacts!” Luna snapped a crystal stalactite in half and sharpened it so that it resembled a scalpel for emphasis. I snickered as krystal began to shiver in fear.

*Hey now! Let’s be careful with that thing!!! Don’t want to hurt me!!!* Luna inched the point as close as she could to Krystal’s body, to which she gave a girly scream. *ALRIGHT!!! HER NAME’S SUNSET SHIMMER!!!” The scalpel’s telekinetic encasement cleared away, making it plunge toward the ground. It embedded itself in the soft earth without hesitation. Luna’s face was the definition of shock. Her mouth was dangling by a string as her eyes seemed taped open to comical lengths.

“T...T-tis a jest!” Luna said after calming down from her initial shock. Her anger seemed to have risen, which made me gulp nervously. “Sunset Shimmer was exiled from Equestria twenty years ago! Thy mouth sputters not one inch of truth! Sunset Shimmer attempted the first and only Coup de Grace in Equestrian History!!! We will not see Spike be taught by her treachery and lawlessness ways!” Luna snapped as she leered at Krystal as if she was Discord after stealing her moon pies! If looks could kill; then Luna would have killed Krystal, brought her back from Tartarus, then killed her again.

*Whether you like it or not, Spike will only find teachings of the NAtural Magicks from her and her only! Your reluctance will stand in the way of Spike being able to defend himself should Celestia rear her head again! Who knows how long we have until she finds out you two are still in Equestria!* Krystal snapped back, earning a primal snort from Luna. Her fur darkened as her teeth elongated.

“OH HORSEAPPLES AND PONYFEATHERS!!!” I thought frantically as Luna began changing. She didn’t seem to notice, which was making me freak out even more!

“Thy words are pious lies!!! SUNSET SHIMMER IS A TRAITOR TO HER LAND AND IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!!” The Royal Canterlot Voice thundered about the cavern, making sharp rocks and other debris fall from the ceiling on top of us! I had to nip this in the bud right now, or we’ll all be pancakes!

“LUNA STOP IT!!!” I yelled with all the force I could muster, my voice becoming worlds deeper and with some of my signature green fire spelling out the words as they came. I have no idea what that was, but it yielded the results that I wanted. Luna’s face became the definition of shock once more as her fur brightened and her eyes returned to normal where they were once reptilian-like. She was breathing hard, exhaustion noticeable but not that much.

*Holy shit-balls lady! There was no reason for that!* Krystal remarked as I went over to Luna and out both hands on her face, angling it so that we staring at one another’s eyes.

“You almost turned to Nightmare Moon.” I said calmly, hoping she would respond to my words the way I said them. I, apparently, ask for too much.

“What did thou say!? Nightmare Moon!!??” She tried to step back, but I increased the pressure on her head, making her stay in front of me against her will. “Let me go!” She demanded through closed eyes, visibly shaking as the realization of her darker half almost coming out sank in. That was the last thing, I was going to do.

“No.” She opened her eyes and closed them in concentration.

“I can easily teleport out of your grasp!” I could feel the magic work its way to her face then stop, for my hand were blocking the flow. I am a dragon, after all. “Why can’t I do it!? Release me at once, Spike!” Luna tried hitting me in the stomach in her frantic state, to which I just absorbed with a wince. The rumors were true. Alicorns are insanely strong both physically and magically.

“Something must’ve happened between you and this; Sunshine Shimmer, if you almost turned into bucking Nightmare Moon!!! More than a simple Coup de Grace! I’m not letting go until you tell me!” THe words came out harsher than I wanted them to; but seeing as how she stopped trying to punch me in the gut, meant that they were having the desired effect. The tenseness in her muscles and joints lessened as she sat back on her rump, letting out a sigh of defeat and conformation.

“Fine, but I won’t like it. Tia had a remarkable relationship with Sunset Shimmer, taking her to outer space and even teaching her some forbidden spells. They were perfect together. Some even said that she was a surrogate sister to her!” Her muscles tensed up again.

“Don’t tell me you don’t like her because she was close to your sister!” I said angrily, causing her to shake her head as best she could in my grip.

“No! I was angry for she claimed that I wasn’t adequate enough to be Celestia’s sister! She was horrible to everypony, but acted like the white sheep whenever Celestia was around. It took two years of insufferable torment before I finally caught her in her latest scheme.” Luna’s fur began to darken again, but I was too slow to stop it this time! Her eyes radiated pure fury as I was blasted by a blue bolt of lightning that came from Luna’s horn! “HER MACHINATIONS INCLUDED OUR DEMISE AT HER BEHEST, TO WHICH THE HARLOT WOULD STEP IN AS THE NEW PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT!!! THERE WAS NO MERCY, FOR MY FURY WAS UNSOILED LIKE A VIRGIN!!! OUR HORN CLASHED WITH THAT WENCH MOST FOUL MANY TIMES BEFORE WE TOOK THE UPPER HOOF!!!”

I don’t know how it was possible, but storm clouds were beginning to appear as lightning flashed in them. Krystal was thrown from her resting place towards me by the strong gusts. Luckily for her, catching such a large rock was a cinch. “WE WERE STOPPED, HOWEVER, BY OUR SISTER BEFORE THE FINAL BLOW WAS STRUCK!!! HER PUNISHMENT WAS NOT DEATH, BUT BANISHMENT FROM EQUESTRIA!!! A PUNISHMENT FAR TOO LENIENT FOR TRASH LIKE THAT WHORE!!! SHE WAS EXILED TO GRIFFALIA; AND SINCE THAT ACCURSED DAY, WE NEVER HEARD OF HER AGAINNNNN!!!” Luna drawled out as she slowly descended back to the ground, her eyes completely white from her changing process.

Luckily for Krystal and I, Luna’s fur and eyes returned to normal before she collapsed on the floor. This hate for Celestia’s old protogē was no joke! She had begun panting rapidly and heavily, for using the Royal Canterlot Voice was extremely strenuous on the lungs. That’s twice now that Luna had almost turned into Nightmare Moon, which is two times too many.

“Luna.” I said as I got up from where I was previously thrown, which was only a few feet away from my partner. She gave no inclination that she heard me, and krystal was probably too scared to talk. I couldn’t blame her. It must have been her first time seeing Nightmare Moon try to surface. To be honest, if it wasn’t for me seeing her other form already, then I probably would have been laying eggs myself! “Are you alright?” I asked nervously as I approached who was still my friend...hopefully.

“Yes.” Came the ragged response from the Mare of the Moon. She was still breathing rather hard and beads of sweat decorated her forehead at different intervals, but I could tell that it was still her. Her mane and tail, however, lost its ‘in-space’ appearance and dropped to her side sloppily. It reminded me of the blue she had when the Elements bested Nightmare Moon and freed her, only longer. “I believe my ranting...is done for now. But now...you can see...why I was apprehensive about you meeting her.” Luna tried to stand to her hooves, but her exhaustion bested her and she fell back down with a grunt of pain accompanying.

Without thinking; I threw Krystal away from me and quickly made my way to her side, kneeling down so that I could try helping her up. her eyes were closed in pain and weariness, the beads of sweat making themselves more noticeable in her worn out state. There was something about this that touched me, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. My cheeks, however, took on a rosy hue when she opened her eye to look at me. I couldn’t help smiling as I realized something.

“What’s...so funny?” Asked Luna between gasps for air. Her breathing had begun regulating itself, so there was no reason to hold back what I was about to do.

“By you almost giving in to your dark side to protect me...I can honestly say that no one’s ever done that for me. There for, you have proven yourself once more. As a friend...” I picked her head up in my hands so that we were eye to eye. Her face reddened up real quick as I narrowed my eyes and stared longingly at her. “And as my mare.” Her eyes widened as our lips made contact. It took awhile, but she returned the kiss after I pulled away, locking our mouths together. She tasted of blueberries in summer, making me crave more. But alas, all living things have to breathe.

She pulled away this time with a goofy smile on her face. I couldn’t help but laugh as I helped her back on her hooves. It was my first kiss, which I swore would be given to Rarity one day. I realize the absurdity of that thought now. “I see you enjoyed yourself, madame.” I quipped as she almost lost her balance.

“Oh? It seems as if we both have a case of ‘jelly-legs’, if I’m not mistaken?” She quipped back as I stumbled myself. WIth a smile as I righted myself, I put my hand around Luna’s body lightly as we began walking to the staircase that led down here.

“The moment’s gonna be ruined if I tell her that I still want to be taught by Sunshine Shimmer. I’ll just tell her tomorrow, that’ll be best!” I smiled at her as she did the same to me. We began ascending the steps in unison, not hearing the voice calling behind us.

*Can somebody put me back up there!? HEY!!! HELLOOO~!!!??? GET BACK HERE!!!* Krystal yelled into the nothingness around her.