• Published 8th Mar 2013
  • 8,702 Views, 342 Comments

Spike: The Last Draconian - Maneiac



Spike discovers who he truly is, much to the chagrin of Equestria as a whole.

  • ...
32
 342
 8,702

Finding a Master: Part 4

Spike

My dreams were absent, leaving me only with darkness. I guess it was for the better, seeing as how my life has gone from bad to worse. I rubbed the sleep and dried tears from my eyes and sat up, my butt and tail laying flat on the train car’s floor. I looked over to where I had knocked the conductor out, watching as he began to stir. I waited until he woke up before calling out to him. “Hey, did you enjoy your nap?” I deadpanned, making the conductor do a double take.

“A dragon that wears clothes!? I have to be dreaming still. One sec,” I watched in amusement, barely containing a chuckle as the idiot bit his leg, “Okay, that hurt! So, what are you doing here?” He asked hesitantly, almost as if he was scared for his life. I couldn’t blame him, seeing how he’s a pony and I’m a dragon.

“Name’s Spike. Nice to meet you too, Mr. Rude,” I said sarcastically, to which the conductor’s eyes opened in shock. He’s clearly forgotten all about proper etiquette. Of course; I was joking, so I stopped him just as he was about to say something by raising a hand up, “I’m here because my friend,” I raised that same hand to point at Luna, who was missing from her spot on the car’s seat/benches, “That’s awkward...and slightly infuriating. Anyways, I’m we’re here because we are the last stop you have to make. We’re headed to Griffalia; but as you may know, another train will be finishing up where you’ll be leaving us.” The conductor nodded as he got to his hooves.

“Well then, you friend is probably commandeering one of our restrooms. I’m Smoke Stack, by the way, “ He tipped his hat at me, “I’ll just be getting back to work now. Enjoy the ride and I hope to see you on your return trip!” Smoke Stack turned on his hooves and walked through the automatic door and hopefully, to the front of the damn train. His voice is so irritating! It’s like Mr. Cakes...but higher and more nasally!

“Psst! Pssssst! Spike; has he departed,” I could feel my face skew in confusion as I turned my head to face the spot where the voice came from. Seeing as how I remembered it to be the place where I originally laid Luna at, my face contorted into confusion further, “Listen. There’s a good reason for me being invisible! If that pony would have saw me the way I am now, then he would’ve lost his mind!” Luna said, even though I didn’t really think it was her voice. It sounded like it had an echo for some reason, as if there was a deeper mimicking her’s. Odd. However, I severely doubt that seeing the Princess of the Night would have made Smoke Stack lose his mind.

“Yeah...I’m not buying it. What, do you have bed head or something?” I asked smugly, teasingly even.

“Hey! That’s not funny! You have no idea how hard it is to fix a mane made up out of outer space, you wyrm!” Luna’s retort sounded more angry than I would’ve imagined it to be.

Wait a minute...wyrm?

Without me asking, Luna’s body began to fade in from the air in blue wisps of smoke. I don’t know how she does that wisp thing, but it makes for great camouflage. I nearly punched her in the face, for she was Nightmare Moon!!! Although, one of her wings strayed from that abysmal black that made up her body. It reminded me of Luna’s old mane, which is what stopped me. That, and the air of superiority that Nightmare Moon usually carries with her was absent as well.





“So do you enjoy being naked or what?” I joked, watching in amusement as her face turned crimson. What? I know ponies normally walk around naked, but this is Nightmare Moon! She’s usually wearing that ridiculous armor of hers. I’m not wrong. Luna; having seemingly remembered her kind’s customs, socked me in the gut and scowled. I could tell she was upset, so I wrapped her up in a hug and scratched behind her ear.

“This...changes nothing,” Her face betrayed the seriousness in her words as she let out a content sigh, “Right there. No, just a little more to the left. Ohh...” She shivered as I apparently found her sweet spot. Far be it for a coltfriend to stop his marefriend from feeling good. I scratched her there for a couple more minutes, relishing the touch of her pure-black fur and ethereal mane against my chest and neck. It’s incredible how soft she is.

“Alright Luna, I think my finger’s going to fall off if I keep this up,” I stopped said finger’s scratching motion and moved it away from her head and to my side, earning a disappointed whine from her in protest. You know, Opalescence used to do the same exact thing when Rarity stopped scratching her behind her ears as well. “Can you ask Nightmare if we’re close to the Fridge? After all, I kind of supercharged the furnace earlier. Our travel time should have been cut by at least half, give or take.” Luna put a hoof as best she could on her chin, which I took as a sign of her asking Nightmare my question.

After waiting what felt like five minutes, Luna brought her hoof down and cleared her throat. “Nightmare says that she’s still angry for you shoving her into my head. I must admit that I’m also, a little more than cross with you for that,” She narrowed her eyes at me as I smiled sheepishly. She has a point, seeing as how I didn’t know Nightmare’s intentions. The spirit could have easily possessed her mind again, bringing forth eternal night faster than Pinkie Pie on sugar high. Yes, it did happen. No, I’m not gonna go into details. Perhaps another time...perhaps.

“Well tell her I’m sorry!” I exclaimed, growing agitated at Nightmare’s antics. Luna repeated the process from earlier.

“Apology accepted, she said. She also said that we should be another day and a half away, but if the pace continues as is than we can expect arrival in a day!” Luna said with that lovely smile of hers.

“Tell her to stop being so stuck up as well. It’s not like she’s in danger of dying any-” I stopped, hoping against hope that Luna hadn’t heard me. I winced as the silence went on for little longer than if she hadn’t. Steeling my heart, I looked down at her to find her mouth agape and in shock. Yup, she definitely heard me. my life sucks.

WHAT!!!???” The Royal Canterlot Voice; at point blank range!!!??? You’re better off sticking your head into a blender and turning it on!!! I disengaged the hug we had been sharing for a while as I cupped my hands around my ears, still echoing with her shout. I even dug my index fingers in as far as they could go, hoping that it would help alleviate the uncomfortable ringing. I couldn’t hear crap for about ten seconds.

“Good garnet Luna,” I exclaimed as sound returned again, the noise of the train speeding along the tracks at supernatural speeds confirming my claim, “Overreaction much?”

“Overreaction? Overreaction??? Spike the Dragon, why didn’t you tell me that you’re dying!?” Luna yelled in hurt and anger as she walked up to me and poked me with her long horn.

“Ouch! Stop that, it hurts,” I whined as I dodged another jab of her horn by sidestepping to the right. It didn’t hurt, it was just uncomfortable. Which is odd considering i’ve felt pain from being poked with Twilight and Rarity’s horns, “ Will you stop trying to skewer me!? I’m sorry I didn’t tell you! As for the reason on why I’ve kept it hidden, you’re doing it!” I let out a girly scream as Luna’s horn entered my bellybutton and poked, hard. I jumped back, unaware of how close I was to the window behind me...

CRASH!!!

“SPIKE!!!” Luna’s voice went away as quickly as I heard it as I made contact with the ground, knocking the wind out of me. My pain didn’t stop there, for I began rolling over sticks and stones at probably 70 miles an hour! The terrain was unforgiving as my face was buffeted with grave that had become impossibly sharp do to my speed as I rolled along, head then but following in constant motion. The pain was unbearable, but I thanked almost every higher power I could think of as no longer felt the ground’s sharp embrace anymore. my whole body felt as if it was on fire, and I’m pretty sure I had at least one hundred cuts and bruises.

Thinking Luna had somehow pulled me into her magical grasp, I opened my eyes with a smile.....that quickly turned in a yell of fear at what I saw. The ground looked so tiny from up here...


---

I’ve been falling for a while now. Needless to say, my throat was a little sore from all the yelling I did earlier on. I’ve calculated that the chances of me surviving the impact are microscopically small which; is to say, zero. Zilch. Nada! I’m so screwed I should have a husband named Phillips. By this time, which was the twenty minute mark; I’ve figured out that the Friendship Express must of climbed a mountain while I was asleep. Which only makes sense, seeing as how Giffalia’s cities are on various sized mountains. I know we’re still a day and some change away from the Fridge, which means I’m nowhere near Griffalia.

If I focused hard enough, I could make out what looked like a rinky-dink shack on the outskirts of some woods. Yep, that’s where i'll be crashing. So not only am I going to die from a hundred-thousand foot plummet of certain demise; but the fact that I’ve lost the only sure fire way to reach Griffalia back there makes my situation that much more bleak. If; for the odd chance I do survive this fall, how injured will I be? Could I even fight back if there’s dangerous wildlife? It’s definitely over. Definitely.

No stroke of good luck can save me now. I don’t have wings; Luna’s probably thirty miles ahead of me, and I can start to see trees as an individual. Oh, and the shingles of the shanty shack from earlier. Still not too thrilled about my landing place either. Seeing as how I have nothing else better to do, I began thinking of possible ways to avoid dying on impact.

“I could try landing on my tail while it’s coiled up like a spring, then jump off of it when I landed.” I shook my head at the absurdity of that thought. A fall of this speed and from this height will shoot my spine through the top of my back, possibly my head!

“Well maybe I can hope for shack made of mattresses?” I facepalmed after that one. Come on, brain! Don’t you have anything useful to submit!?

“THE SCAR!!!” If I could, I would kiss myself! Even though Nightmare left my body, I could probably still use some of her left over power to soften my impact! The only problem is...I have no idea on how to use magic!!!

“This sucks~, this sucks~, this really really sucks~!!!” I frantically sang. I don’t know why I sang that, but you try falling a hundred-thousand feet to your death and see if you don’t do anything stupid! I focused on that scar, feeling the evil magic conform around my thoughts. It was hard, seeing as how nightmare did all the work back in the Crystal Kingdom. This would be my first attempt at using magic; and it would have to be perfect, lest I end up a perfect circle!

The shack was more detailed now than it ever was, allowing me to see what I was really going to land on. The whole thing was completely msfr out of flimsy sheet metal, which would probably cut me to ribbons if I DON’T DO SOMETHING AND STOP THINKING!!! Panicking, I simply brought the magic into my mind by mistake. I winced as I felt my body fall through the sheet metal, then impact something round. I lost consciousness right then and there.

KRRT-BOOOOOM!!!

---

“THE FUCK!!!???” A hooded figure shrieked as he flew from his seat on a worn out couch. There were around twenty other robed figures in the same room, which had the appearance of a run-down bar. Mold-covered tables and booths made up the outskirts of the room, while decaying pool tables with holes made up the center. In the front of the room was the bar, where one of the robed figures was slumped over, having drank too much as indicated by the empty rum bottle flanking his unconscious body.



“Ssso; a traveler has found our hideout,” The king-cobra bipedal creature gave a hiss of annoyance, “Which makesss me wonder how many more know of usss. Well, we can’t leave him alive, now can we?” The Anthro Snake asked devilishly as he pulled a large katana from his robes. He aimed the point at the hooded figure in the crater’s heart, ready to puncture it. What he did not expect, however, was a purple claw to jut out from the mysterious figure and snap the sword in two.

The Anthro Snake brought the broken sword up to his face in disbelief! He snapped a sword with his bare hands! The purple claw held the lethal part of the sword in his grasp as he stood up, debris and dusted sputtering off of him with each individual movement of his limbs. What looked a hoodie was completely torn to shreds, as well as the blue jeans that he was wearing. What made the leader of the Anthro Snakes nearly shit himself?

The eyes! Oh, good lord those eyes! It was as if someone poured cream into the green of them, making it cloudy and giving the appearance of blindness. There was no pupil, only a light and soulless green that radiated murder and evil!

Panicking, the leader looked back to his comrades. “Kill it! Kill it now!” Upon hearing those words, an evil chuckle came from the fully risen being in front of them. As it crescendoed in full on laughter; a green aura radiating murder started to seep from the being, who had thrown his head back to keep laughing. The Anthro Snakes were terrified! As the laugh ended; the being hung his upper body loosely, swaying his arms from left to right.

Kill me,” The being asked as the leader began shivering in fear, “Do you honestly believe that you can do such a thing?! I wonder~!” The being trailed off as he made eye contact with the leader. The Anthro Cobra began to back up some more; widening his eyes further as the being matched every one of his steps backward, with a step forward.

“D-do you know who we are!? We’re the Severed Dragons!” The Anthro Cobra stopped retreating in order to save face with the rest of his men.

“No,” The being said as he stopped. The room grew deathly quiet as all eyes looked at aura-covered being in the center of the room. “You’re LUNCH!!!” The Cobra barely had time to move as the being blurred out of existence, only to reappear next to him and sink it’s teeth into his neck. The being gave a few thrash’s, tearing the neck open just with his maw as he lifted the body into the air. Blood splattered on its face as it crunched down vehemently, severing the head from the leader’s body.

The Anthro Snakes gasped and screamed in horror as they drew their swords, ready to fight the monster should it attack. After some slurping sounds were heard, the monster dropped the head to the ground and kicked it towards the Severed Dragons.

“Hopefully, you’ll be as tasty as him!!!” With another maniacal laugh, the monster charged the members of the Severed Dragons.

One of the members tried to stab him with a pike, to which he just sidestepped and grabbed the member’s face with a hand. The aura that was around the monster’s hand began to corrode the skin and scales off the Anthro Snake’s face. His scream lasted a long time before the body fell to the ground with its head missing.

“This can’t possibly be it!!?? I need more...more more more more more more...” With every ‘more’; the monster stomped on his recent kill’s body, grinding it into the wooded floor as it’s chest began to cave in. Various innards began surfacing from the neck like a tube of toothpaste being squeezed. “...more. MORE! MORE!!!” Once more; the monster charged the now retreating Severed Dragons, who were climbing over each other in order to escape.

They never reached the exit as their screams echoed into the sunset.