• Published 8th Mar 2013
  • 8,702 Views, 342 Comments

Spike: The Last Draconian - Maneiac



Spike discovers who he truly is, much to the chagrin of Equestria as a whole.

  • ...
32
 342
 8,702

Lovely Memories: Part 1

Lucian

It’s a cruel and dark place here. The screams of the damned just do wonders to brighten up the atmosphere amongst my molten wonderland. This is the plane of Suffering. My world, my home turf. The volcanic and sulfuric gases filled the air as I breathed in, savoring the taste of burning flesh and souls. I was ecstatic, but bored. Really...really, bored. Having nothing better to do, I closed my eyes and opened my mind into reconstructing one of my most favorable moments of my life.

I could feel time slip by as the current plane began to shift from screams of agony, to...well...more, screams of agony. But these were proud screams, screams of war and blood. I took in the sights through my younger and still alive, body. Standing at about thirty feet tall, I towered over the measly humans and alicorn in front of me. I could feel the lava pulse in my body as I gripped my sword, Zernix the Molten, in my left hand. Seeing the supposed, ‘iron willed’, soldiers’ knees shake in my presence was amusing.

A chuckle deep and powerful enough to shake the plane itself reverberated through my throat. Many men fell backwards from the pseudo-earthquake I just caused by chuckling. Man, am I badass or what?

“HOLD YOUR RANKS!!! THIS ONE DEMON SHALL FALL TO US, THEN WE KILL ITS FATHER!!!” The alicorn boomed out over my chuckle-induced seismic activity. The men who still had their wits about them began a war cry that was just too pitiful to listen to. They sounded like cows with no tongues. Very agitating, but just as amusing. Odd. They then began chanting the name of their ageless champion, much to my gratification. I’ve already played this scene a thousand times.

“VA-LI-UM!!! VA-LI-UM!!! VA-LI-UM!!!” The weak humans cried in false bravado. I chuckled again as a ten foot tall human shoved his way to the frontline. Once he parted the pikemen like a prostitute’s legs, he gave a war cry that sounded like thunder to the humans, but hiccups to me. I laughed, hard. The alicorn winced and the men cried out in pain as their eardrums nearly shattered. It was a satisfying feeling indeed.

Valium, however, was none too happy about my sheer disregard of his presence. He was a vampire that had been blessed by the alicorn herself, burning away his transgressions and letting him become the Champion of Light’s Holy Order. What a bland and out-of-style name.

“Beast of hell! I come before you as Champion of the Human Race and of the Holy Order of Mistress Light! Duel me and be slain by one! Resist, and be slain by millions!” He laughed smugly as archers readied their bows. They were made from purified silver and quite possibly the worst kind of pain a demon can experience.

The tips were purified with angel tears and wrapped in scriptures of war from the holy bible. They were then prayed over by all the churches on Earth and Equus combined. Equus? That’s the name of that colorful pony world. Equestria is but a large continent on the face of that planet. The reason why these fools have entered this plane was to capture my father, Lord Dark, and kill him.

They didn’t count on his son destroying half the population in blind rage.

The fools; honestly believing they stood a chance against me. This battle was almost meaningless except for that one part coming up soon. Oh, you guys’ll get a kick out of it when it comes!

“No, Valium! You mustn’t charge Lucian on your lonesome! That’s what this army is for, you imbecile!” The crimson-locks of the alicorn fluttered about as she reprimanded her champion. The ex-vampire slid on a silver helmet with neck guard over his head and adjusted it as he looked at the overgrown horse. The helmet had two black horns coming out of it, which had always intrigued me.

Didn’t the fools know that black horns were one of the signs of full demonic-possession? Oh well, I can’t really change anything now.

“Relax, my love. Your champion will return with that demon’s head!” As he said this, he pointed a holy sword at me that seemed to be purely made from mist. His white and sickly pale chest was gleaming form the illumination his blade casted, which could also be said about the greaves and cape he had on as well. The cape billowed about in the sulfuric winds of my plane in a flag of crimson. It was torn, an easy indicator of a veteran.

“Blegh,” I droned out in my two-toned voice that radiated with mirth and power, “How long do you intend to just sit there and make googly eyes for? I accept your challenge you overgrown bloodsucking hairless monkey. Now, come get some.” I finished smugly as Valium’s head whipped around so fast, he might as well of been a sprinkler.

“Then I shall come to you, Puppet-Master of Pain!” His face contorted in confusion as I was caught playing with my many horns with a claw. Valium gritted his teeth in fury at my disregard for him as he struck a battle pose. A battle pose with so many blind spots. I acted like he had just made himself known.

“Oh, and who might you be young one,” I said in a fatherly tone, “It seems you’re lost! This isn’t the playground son, you should go back home before it gets too dark.” Valium just stood there in that same pose as I scraped Zernix across the ground, eliciting a small vein of magma to erupt from under my feet.

“I do not fear the darkness, for I have conquered it inside myself! Son of Dark, you shall feel the wrath of the Champion of Light’s Holy Order!!! HUZZAHHHHHH!!!!” With that final war cry, the foolish warrior charged me. He cleared the fifty foot distance faster than lightning as I rose my sword a swung it down, almost crushing the white ant with it.

Not hearing a single scream, I knew he had managed to somehow avoid the blow. I had killed Valium that way at least ten times, so I wasn’t really expecting the noobish blow to connect. He had more than likely slid underneath my legs, like he’s done exactly, nine-hundred-thousand times. I felt a large slash grace my right leg as I tumbled forward.

“TIIIIIMMMMBBBEEERRRR!!!” I yelled as I shot out my sword and hand to break my fall. I felt the swift feet of the Champion running up my back in a hurry to reach a certain spot...which would be my head. I half-heartedly offered some resistance as I shot out plume after plume of lava from my back, which had killed him exactly nine-hundred times in the past. He actually managed to dodge every plume by dodging left and right, his holy armor protecting him from the falling molten menace that was my blood.

As he reached the apex of my body, he jumped into the air and slammed the holy sword into the crown of my head. I could feel the oversaturated holiness begin to flood this body like mist. Little did this fool know that I had a few tricks up my sleeve. I screamed in mock-agony as he drove that sword deeper, smiling as he thought he was actually killing me.

“You will die here, Hellspawn.” He breathed out venomously before turning the sword abruptly, sending a wave of holy magic through me. That actually hurt.

I roared and fell the rest of the way to the ground. My body crashing upon the gas-covered ground caused great seismic activity. The warrior dismounted my body and ran back to the alicorn with the red locks. The kissed passionately, for they had just slain Lucian.

Yeah...As if.

It almost caused me to laugh as I ascended from my demonic shell, clapping slowly in false amusement. Their eyes widened together as they broke the kiss, leering at me with pure shock etched on their faces. The millions of humans even watched in horror as I continued clapping with a smirk hidden behind my helmet. The shell I used was meant as a stationary battle bunker and nothing more. Had I truly been serious in my attempts to kill these fools, I would have just released a wave of molten lava over the army.

I must say, however, that this was one of my favorite highlights of this fight. My entrance onto the battlefield was breathtaking in my opinion. The way my armor was silhouetted in red from my previous shell with the glowing of my eyes, and the horns from my shell that littered the landscape behind me was stunning. I reached down into my lifeless shell and pulled out my real weapon, a simple swallow with an open hook at one end and a merciless blade, forged from the blackest fire in the other.















“Vile Beast!” Valium yelled in my direction as he stepped away from the white alicorn in armor. He stared me down as both of our crimson red capes billowed in the toxic fumes.

“Please, we’re all old enough here! Call me by my name, I insist!” My jeering only served to anger him further as he materialized the same sword he had earlier in his greaves once more. I could see the perspiration trickle down his body, feel his desperation. Ohhhh, did his fear taste heavenly!

“I refuse, mongrel!”

Well that was rude.

“Come now, we’re all friends here! Why fight when we can talk out our problems!?” I asked with hidden anticipation.

“The holy do not converse with Black-Hearts!!!” Valium said as he rushed me with his sword to the left of his body. Its’ tip phased through the ground as he barreled at me. Before our swords crossed I said one thing.

“That’s funny, considering you're a Black-Heart your damn self, Vampire.” I swung my bladed side down as he brought his claymore up. They clashed and all the smog surrounding us was pushed away as we leaned in close to one another.

“Let’s see how long that bravado lasts, hmm?” I asked mockingly through my helm, which gave my already deep and menacing voice a metallic reverberation.

“I’ll smite you until there’s nothing left!” Valium yelled as he tried pushing me back. I scoffed at him as I felt the mediocre pressure applied to our crossed blades. He just attacked a stronger demon who had the high ground? That was battlefield taboo number one. A kick in the gut from my left grieve sent him flying, and I mean flying, off my shell. I casually walked off the body beneath me and towards Valium, whistling a tune as I did so.

As Valium began to scrape his undead self off the ground, I continued my whistling as I twirled my swallow around my body. It didn’t take long for him to stand on his two legs and rush me gain, much to the chagrin of his alicorn lover in the background. Our swords danced as I whistled, not feeling any real pain from the multiple impacts we had between each other.

I swung the non-lethal side of my blade as he ducked under it and thrusted his sword at my chest, which I sidestepped without a hitch. I then brought the side that had missed down on his neck and jimmied it down into the ground. He was stuck as I kicked away the holy sword in his hand.


“VALIUM!!!” The alicorn yelled as she instantly rocketed towards me, flying like a bat outta hell. Well damn filly, I didn’t know you loved your man like that!

She angled her horn so that she became a high-speed spear of living flesh as the distance between us dissipated. I merely raised a gauntlet and caught her by the horn as I held Valium down with my other hand. The mare looked like she was going to wet herself.

“Annnnd, goodbye gnat.” I lifted her and flung her back towards her army, watching her speed back faster than when she charged me. Damn, I’m strong. I turned my attention back towards Champion Asshat as he clawed at my swallow, trying to release himself as I held him against the badland ground. “Hey there buddy, you enjoying yourself?” I asked nonchalantly as I squatted next to his body.

“A curse upon your household, wretch!” He then spat at me, and it made contact...on my fucking eye.

“Sonuva-!” I wiped my eye out and stared at him bemusedly. I guess I’ve played with my food for too long now. I traced a path with my index finger along his chest and swirled it around the area above his heart. “You know, that wasn’t nice.” I said in a hurt tone as I began removing his helmet. I wanted him to see his killer better.

“Unhand me fiend! I rather see the Light before I’m defiled by your unholy hands!” He wiggled about uselessly on the ground. His yellow eyes peered into my pools of orange and I felt myself get excited. No, not a hard-on. This was my favorite part. His jet-black hair rested against the ground. He actually looked incredibly young. Oh well.

“And initiating body exploration in three, two, one.” When I hit zero in my mind, I shoved my gauntlet into his stomach slowly. The scream that came forth pierced the heavens above. I sloshed around through his entrails with glee, feeling his kidneys and intestines with much appreciation. I began fondling his stomach, loving the bulbous feel of the digestive system’s most valuable organ. He screamed his ass off.

“Oh hush child. Tis only a hand in your stomach.” I then took my gauntlet and encompassed his stomach within it.

I squeezed it till it popped, sending the acid out into the wound. I could see desperation in his eyes as the pain became too much for him to bear. I know how to keep my dolls alive, however, so Valium wouldn’t be passing out anytime soon. So, knowing this, I began my escapades again.




I jimmied some more of my arm into the opening in his body and reached upwards, feeling for one of my favorite organs. Even through his blood curdling cries for help, my progress remained steady as I pushed gore further into his body. The erratic thumping I was waiting for stopped me suddenly. Also, through Valium’s closed eyes, I knew he could feel what I was after.

Panting deeply, he turned his head towards his lover and gave her a nod.

“Before you come charging at me, ‘Mistress’ Light, I should warn you that I was made for the sole purpose of killing everyone gathered here. My father has given me orders to escort you to him after I finish with your, ‘soldiers’.” Her face contorted into severe anger as she marched towards me.

“I will not allow you the pleasure of killing him!!!” As she talked, her horn was gathering white-magic orbs from the air and focusing it into her horn. It became like a sun, a terribly elongated appendage sun. She was nearing and as she did, her head became angled so that her body reflected that of a spear once more.

“Fine. If you don’t want me to kill him then I won’t.” I said nonchalantly as she then broke out into a charge. In a flurry of motion, I removed my weapon and gauntlet from Valium’s body and threw him at the alicorn. She tried to throw on the brakes, but she wasn’t quick enough.

Her champion roared in agony as the alicorn’s horn slid through his chest, pushing his heart out through said section of his body. The alicorn’s face was shrouded in terror and her lover’s blood, which made me smile. This was my favorite part!!! “You’ll do it for me.” I hissed out as the alicorn backed up slowly while angling her head down. The body slid off her horn like butter off a knife. He even landed with a sickening splat.

Valium...” The alicorn dropped to her stomach as she scooted towards her fallen lover. A light-green aura covered her horn as she tried healing the fallen warrior, but it was pointless. She began sobbing, which made me giddy.

“...Is dead.” I concluded for her. She stared daggers at me before her body became enveloped in a gold pillar of magic. Didn’t I already warn her that fighting me would yield no fruit? “What’re ya’ doin, Faust?” I asked bemusedly. “Didn’t you hear me earlier? Now just be calm and come with me. My father’s patience is growing rather-”

I never got to finish as a gold hoof cover made contact with my face. I was sent flying at least ten feet before I crashed into my shell, causing the aging relic to disintegrate in an instant. I quickly stood back up with too much anticipation. At least I knew that this had to be coming. After all, I did just make her kill her lover.

“IF YOU WERE PRAYING FOR DEATH, THEN IT IS NOW TOO LATE!!! MY HEART BLEEDS AS MY LOVER DOES; AND THE ONLY FORM OF AID WILL COME FROM YOUR DEMISE!!!!” Faust stepped out of the pillar of magic with an authoritative step that shook the ground around us. When I wasn’t blinded by her magic anymore my mouth dropped. She almost looks as badass as I do. And that’s saying something!! Words could not even begin to describe her regal appearance. I think words would only serve to dwindle any true awe one would feel from gazing upon such power and grace.

She was breathing deeply, keeping her death glare on me as she took small but powerful steps in my direction. How were they powerful? She was creating craters where her hooves landed without stomping!

“You will not escape. I have had enough of my brother’s antics! And it shall be you, Lucian, that will finally make him see that mortals are. not. HIS! PLAYTHINGS!!!” I’ve never felt so much pain from one punch. I was literally sent flying at least one-hundred yards off of that one hit.

“Well this never happened when I played this memory before!?” This was true. In all the years of reliving this memory, not once have I been on the losing side of the battle. That’s when a cloud of extreme darkness flooded my mind. In it, I could see my father’s face burning like an inferno. I guess those eyes run in the family...

“Hmph...You’ve grown sloppy ever since you’ve inherited the plane of Suffering, my son. And by inherit, I mean ‘banished for being too corrupt and powerful.’ “ My father’s voice sent a shiver down my spine as he spoke to me telepathically.



“What of it? It’s not like I can actually fight anything. Because of that stupid limitation you put on me, I can only possess creatures that are bipedal! Who cares if I slack off from my duties of torturing the damned?” I asked in an angry tone. My father, Lord Dark the Eclipse, really irritates me. He teamed up with his sister, Light/Faust, to banish me after I held my ground against them. Turns out, rebellion to a demon-pony thing is like honor to a father.

Go figure...

“I am your father and I have never been bested in combat! Just think of the shame I’ll feel if you lose to a figment of your imagination! Therefore, I will alter this memory so that my sister will be putting up more of a fight than what you encountered before. Even though you were born from that whore of a mother on Earth, I still hold you close to my heart. Not as close as your aunt, but still, very close.”

“Fuck you.” I said dejectedly as I felt all mirth I was feeling earlier slip out of my body. I just wanted to kill this bitch in front of me so badly right now! Just to shut my father up, I would skin her and her army alive!!!

“Swearing prevents you from becoming a better person, Lucian.” My father said smugly. He laughed incredibly hard as he left my mind. With that dark cloud gone, I could finally focus on the plethora of soldiers in front of me and Faust. She still looked amazing. Too bad I’m going to skin her alive...with her army, of course.

“Prepare yourself, Faust!!! My father has just pissed me off!!!” I charged her without hesitation, my blood boiling from father’s belittling session. She yelled victoriously as her army charged me, which never happened before as well. Nevertheless, the fools will be staring at their own entrails in mere seconds!

“If you get past my Order, Lucian, I will see to your destruction myself.”