• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 2,654 Views, 139 Comments

Singular Entities - Cynical



Short TwiDash mini-stories from the TwiDash forum and my brain

  • ...
6
 139
 2,654

Morning

“Urr…” Came the groan from Rainbow Dash as she woke up into the cold light of the morning. Looking around, she recognised her surroundings, she’d certainly been here many times, and if she was honest with herself, she’d woken up here more than once after a late night reading.

Thinking back, she couldn’t quite remember what she’d done this time…

She could remember inviting Twilight out to go to a ‘proper’ party at some nightclub or other, hell, she could even remember taking Twilight to the place.

Everything after the open door though… was a blank.

She sighed, sitting up on the library’s sofa and placing her pounding head in her hooves. Best case scenario, she’d remember everything any time now and how she’d managed to wake up here.

Worst case?

Well… hopefully she’d not broken anything expensive this time.

She was startled from her reverie by a thump from upstairs, then more thumps at Twilight Sparkle came into view, yawning as she made her way down the stairs.

“Hey Twi.” She said, causing Twilight to look up and smile at Rainbow.
“Morning Rainbow, sleep well?” she asked, before making her way into the kitchen to prepare some breakfast.
“Yeah… about that. I think I’ve got the mother of all hangovers, plus I can’t actually remember what happened last night.”

There was a silence from in the kitchen before Twilight replied, “Nothing?”
The pegasus sighed, “Nothing after I entered the club until I woke up here… speaking of which… why did I wake up here?”

Twilight returned, carrying a mug of steaming liquid within her magic which she passed to Rainbow, “Umm… well after we entered… you got somewhat drunk and started dancing.” She started, Rainbow providing her with a rapt audience, “Then I think you probably drank some more…”

Was it Rainbow’s imagination, or was Twilight blushing?

“Then you sort of, well, passed out a few minutes after midnight. I picked you up and took you back here for the night… and that’s that.” She finished, her cheeks still slightly red.

“That’s that? I didn’t break anything this time? I didn’t do something that I’m going to regret when I find out about it?” Rainbow asked desperately, taking a swig from her mug before giving Twilight her full attention again.

“Didn’t seem like it at the time…” Twilight murmured quietly to herself before her blush increased tenfold and she forced a smile onto her face, starting to usher Dash out of the library.

“Well, it was nice seeing you, brilliant party and thanks for the company. Anyway, I’ll talk to you later, ok?” Twilight said, almost pushing Dash out of the door before shutting it after her.

Rainbow stood up and looked back at the library, “Wonder what that was about…”

Author's Note:

This takes place the morning after Alcohol.

...

Yeah, apparently if I don't write consistantly, I get slightly rusty.
Enjoy.