• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 2,654 Views, 139 Comments

Singular Entities - Cynical



Short TwiDash mini-stories from the TwiDash forum and my brain

  • ...
6
 139
 2,654

Sea

She sucked in a breath; she could do this. She’d done it before and she had no doubt that she’d do it again. She simply had to focus; to control herself and to control her emotions. It was the whole point of this exercise; to control her emotions.

There was her calm, deep blue and chilly, just beneath the surface. It had been her friend for longer than any true pony she’d care to mention, her patience, partially hidden by her calm and glowing amber through the seas in her mind. The golden sun hovered above her; tired and wan.

She paused to collect herself and dove deeper into her core and the seas of emotion in her mind. The water frothed and thrived as she threw herself into the tense waters of scarlet; all calm forgotten and lost.

She steadied herself in the seas and focussed again, blocking out her own emotions and simply looking through the scarlet sea. Somewhere to the left of her there was a lime green reef of hunger, unnoticed until now. Deeper below her, a pale-blue light throbbed and ebbed.

She swum down again, ignoring the angry orange of frustration next to her, lining the rocks like algae. Further and further down into the water she went, noticing the gradual change from red to white to pale blue.

The water was warming up too, imperceptibly yet still there as she grew warmer along with the surrounding tide. There was a cave, just visible through the clear blue water, far below her. The water grew warmer and warmer as she continued towards it, ignoring the heat as best she could, grimacing as it stopped being warm and became hot instead.

Ignoring her fur, starting to itch as the skin beneath it heated up, she swam into the cave of orange rock. The glow kept pulsing, coming from deeper inside and lighting up the frustrated walls and the green stalactites of fear. The cave twisted this way and that, pressing down on her as she explored further, the walls pressing in against her chest as she squirmed down jagged corridors of scalding water.

Then she was out.

She broke through into a cavern, leaving the water behind as she stood up in the heated opening. She was sweating already as she looked around in the hazy room. The orange rocks were dimmed, the icy blue light stronger than ever. There was a seed in the room and on the charred sand of an emotion she had no name for.

It was no bigger than an apple, looking more like the stone from a peach. Even from the walls, she could feel its contents writhing, twisting and screaming from in its container. Despite that, she kept moving closer, letting the heat wash over her until she was stood over the glowing rock of icy blue.

She regarded her anger curiously. Celestia had told her to try and siphon some of it off, telling her that it would only explode if left untapped. Looking at it for herself, she wondered how she hadn’t noticed it before; her anger, no matter how good she was, shouldn’t have been able to fit into something this small.

Cautiously, she reached out a hoof, wondering how she’d go about it; she had no real idea beyond this point. Then again, this was her own mind, it shouldn’t matter what she did, only why she did it.

Steeling herself, she lifted her hoof higher, holding it over the stone. Then, schooling her features, she stomped down onto the stone and let it shatter beneath her hoof.

Twilight Sparkle gasped, opening her eyes as she felt an unbearable heat wash through her. The full force of her rage ran rampant through her body, unleashed by her mind. Her coat turned iridescent then white-hot, the skin beneath it doing likewise as her mane smoked into flames.

Had she looked in a mirror, she would have seen her eyes, once violet, now the same icy blue as the stone in her mind.

Twilight Sparkle growled as her anger grounded itself in her.

It was time for revenge.

Author's Note:

Colours were running through my mind.
Along with about seven different songs.