• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 2,654 Views, 139 Comments

Singular Entities - Cynical



Short TwiDash mini-stories from the TwiDash forum and my brain

  • ...
6
 139
 2,654

Pills

Rainbow Dash groaned, wincing as she stretched her wing and she felt her under-used muscles protest against her. It was yet another pitfall of her frequent visits to the hospital and even more crashes.

All of a sudden, she heard a small click from her wing and the pain flooded in moments later, causing her to grit her teeth and hiss loudly, trying to hop away from the pain somehow.

“Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow,” she hissed under her breath, trying to manoeuvre her frantic hopping towards the bathroom and associated medicine cabinet. Closing her eyes against the pain, she somehow managed to find her way onto the tiled floor of the bathroom. She grimaced in triumph before turning around and managing to whap her head against the cabinet.

“Ow…” she groaned, attempting to raise a hoof up to massage her sore head before another bolt of pain shot through her side and she quickly lowered it.

A single eye cracked itself open and began its search for the cabinet in the blindingly bright white room. She stepped forwards and nosed open the culprit of her banging head, trying to focus on the brightly coloured bottles inside.

The colours blurred and span, making reading the labels impossible, so she simply reached inside the cabinet as far as she could and brought her head back. The bottles span in the air before clattering to the floor and smashing themselves open, spilling their contents all across the bathroom floor.

A loud ‘bang’ echoed up through the house, resonating in her eardrums and making her wince, sinking down to the floor and groaning loudly as somepony shouted into the house, making her ears ring.

She groaned in reply, covering her ears and eyes with her hooves and simply laying her stomach flat against the pill-ridden floor. Everything hurt so much…

The muffled cry of a pony reached through her defences and set her ears humming again. Some force surrounded her hooves and tried to pry them away from her eyes and ears but she resisted, shaking her head side-to-side pitifully as her assailant tried to play her like a puppet only to stop a moment later.

She felt the force disappear from around her forehooves and move around her midriff, lifting her up into the air and around the house. She groaned pitifully as another bolt rocked its way through her.

After some time, she was placed carefully onto something which felt very much like a mattress and someone scurried off seconds later. She tentatively opened her eyes and thanked Luna that the pony had thought to turn the lights off in the room. The dim moonlight shone through the curtains, too slight to cause her harm, and revealing her surroundings.

She was interrupted from her musings when the sound of the pony climbing the stairs two at a time reached her ears which no-longer hummed. Twilight Sparkle burst through the door, shutting it behind her and pausing. Rainbow thought that she could just make out the outline of a glass suspended in mid-air.

Twilight approached Rainbow, smiling benevolently at her and proffering the glass and two small pills. Rainbow immediately swallowed the pills dry, only pausing to take a gulp of the water when she felt the pair catch against her dry throat.

“I thought I told you to stay laid down.” Twilight accused, still smiling as Rainbow bit her lip. Twilight chuckled, “Try to get some sleep Rainbow, that’s the best medicine for you at the moment.”

Author's Note:

I Aitn't Dead!