• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 2,654 Views, 139 Comments

Singular Entities - Cynical



Short TwiDash mini-stories from the TwiDash forum and my brain

  • ...
6
 139
 2,654

Aftermath

Rainbow held her there as Twilight wept, it was all that she could do, but she still felt helpless to stop Twilight from feeling this way.

It was a while before Rainbow realised that she’d stopped crying.

“Why did you follow me Rainbow?” Came a small voice from within her hooves.
Rainbow looked down to see Twilight’s tear-streaked face staring morosely back up at her.
“Because that’s what friends do, right?” she said, smiling softly at Twilight.
“Then where’s everypony else?”

Rainbow’s smile became somewhat forced as she sighed, lowering herself to the ground so that she was sat next to Twilight.
“I don’t know Twi… we all stayed after you left, me, Fluttershy and Pinkie were worried, Applejack and Rarity were less so. They said some… less than nice things about you after you left. That made Pinkie deflate, and things just tailed off after that. Rarity left, then Applejack with a simple ‘I’ll see you later,’ then Fluttershy left… then I did, to come after you. Pinkie just stayed there, I should probably check on her when we get back.”
“When we get back Rainbow?”
“Yeah, you and me, who else am I going to be bringing back with me? A manticore?”

A smile played around Twilight’s mouth before she sighed, expression heavy once again.
“I… don’t think I want to go back Rainbow.”
“Don’t be silly… not going back? Then what would I tell the others when they asked where you were?”
“They wouldn’t ask. You know that.”
Dash sighed, hugging Twilight again. “I’m sure some people would ask. What about Cheerilee, the Cakes, Carrot Top, Lyra, Bonbon, all those friends you made in Ponyville over the years.”

“You mean like Applejack, Rarity and Fluttershy?”
Rainbow winced.

“Ponies would still ask about you though.”
“Name three.”
“Pinkie Pie, Celestia and Shining Armour.” Rainbow said almost immediately.

Twilight scoffed. “When was the last time I had regular contact with my brother, I could have been living in a swamp and he’d be none-the-wiser. Celestia is my mentor, it’ll look odd if she simply stopped noticing me and you said it yourself, Pinkie wasn’t herself, you don’t know how she actually took my ‘coming out’.”

Rainbow sighed again.

“I’d ask.”

Author's Note:

yep...
I had a whole day and I write this...

enjoy