• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 2,654 Views, 139 Comments

Singular Entities - Cynical



Short TwiDash mini-stories from the TwiDash forum and my brain

  • ...
6
 139
 2,654

Zombies

Rainbow was surrounded. Everywhere she looked she saw the shambling dead closing in on her. Flying away was out of the question, the stifling and silent air was too heavy to even stand a chance of escape.

The corpses were a mixture of species, ponies, griffons, armadillos and eagles were all in there somewhere, each of them with missing flesh, wings or organs, all of them closing in on the anomaly, the living pony within them.

Rainbow Dash smiled.

The zombies drew ever closer as the pony waited patiently, waiting for the opportune moment.

She saw it.

She took it.

She lunged forwards into the first victim, delivering an almighty punch to the dead griffon before spinning on her front hoof and bucking the next two in front of her in the necks. A unicorn and a pegasus fell down, their necks at odd angles even as their executioner continued onwards.

The zombies swarmed her, no-longer bound by the shambling walk that they’d entertained moments before, now they entered the fray, running on rotten limbs into the cloud of hot dust that littered the arena and surrounded the anomaly.

The silent crags watched the cloud of dust swirl and settle in the molten air.

A lone pony strode out of the still-settling cloud of red, her gaze determined.

They’d tried to stop her in her quest.

They’d tried to stop her reaching Twilight Sparkle.

They’d tried to stop her from rescuing the love of her life.

They’d paid for their sins.

The silent crags and heavy air watched the pony stride through the ashes of the dead towards the black desert ahead.

Author's Note:

Thank Genetic Anomaly (Spark of Twilight) for this little short.

Determined Dash is not to be underestimated.