• Published 3rd Mar 2013
  • 466 Views, 1 Comments

Claim - Classic Cliche



Twilight discovers the might makes right.

  • ...
 1
 466

Above

Fluttershy was not a pony who enjoyed violence. However, her sister Sunny Days absolutely craved it, just like every other pegasus. Though, she could not stay this match was without reason. Thunderlane and Blossomforth had teamed up, aiming to take down Merry May. From what Fluttershy understood, Merry May was somehow involved in the death of Thunderlane’s mother earlier this year, almost leading to Rumble starving it it wasn’t for the twin accident of Merry May causing the death of Blossomforth’s foal. As such, Blossomforth had been surrogate to Rumble, earning the affection of Thunderlane’s extended family.

Speaking of family, Fluttershy felt pretty sorry for Merry May in this match. Empress Luna had permitted the match under honor rules, and as such, up to two members from the offended family were allowed in the brawl at a time. Merry May had no family, while Blossomforth was permitted to act with Thunderlane as he had taken her as mate just so they could both enjoy this revenge. Even if the green mare could manage to defeat both of the vengeful ponies, Twilight Sky and Midnight Strike were waiting to avenge their cousin, little Rumble sitting between them.

As Thunderlane rammed Merry May into a cloud full of hair, Fluttershy covered her eyes. She hated the cloud-dome; the clouds here were pure white, hiding the infinite number of bloodbaths that had taken place here.


Rainbow Dash and her two sisters watched the match, eagerly wished that the match was merely a spar and that it was open entry. Sassaflash was the weakest of the three sisters, and she could easily handle two pegasi on her own. Lightning Dust was the fastest, but Rainbow Dash was the strongest. Solo, the rainbow maned mare had utterly demolished a manitcore. All that had been left of him in the end was the exoskeleton of his tail and perhaps his skull, jaw bone not included.

As Blossomforth finally managed to get her hooves around the neck of Merry May, the three sisters began stomping. “KILL, KILL, KILL!” Lightning Dust shouted, encouraging her sisters to join her in the cheer. The three reared as Merry May’s face tinged blue. Excited whinies escaped their muzzles.


Fleetfoot watched quietly, Misty Fly and Derpy near her. They were no kin to her, but they got along well enough with her for the mare not to mind their constant presence. She honestly didn’t care about this little drama going on before her. The entire concept that death was solved with more death wasn’t an equation resolving to zero, she thought, but it kept Luna and her mirror-clone satisfied, so the pale mare said nothing.

“Oh... her neck finally snapped,” Derpy said, perhaps sadly. She was a gentle soul, often hanging out with Fluttershy.

Misty Fly quickly looked up toward Luna, who was conversing with her black mirror-clone. “... they say we’re dismissed,” he judged from the way the taller, but younger alicorn stood, spreading her wings and flying away. Luna remained. Misty Fly spared a look to Merry May’s body, which had already fallen through the cloud in her death. “We should go as well.”

Fleetfoot nodded and the trio took off. Fleetfoot flew beside Derpy. “... you should be mindful of your public emotions,” she noted.

Derpy nodded.


“Mommy! Daddy!” Scootaloo exclaimed, running over the cloud after her parents. She giggled as Featherweight ran into her. “Miss Wildfire said it’s okay for us to bring Featherweight home, so can we? Can we please?”

Spitfire looked over her shoulder, seeing the other mare a cloud or so away. Spitfire nodded in Wildfire’s direction and the mare took off, trusting her foal to Spitfire. Spitfire then smiled at her child. “Sure. You all want to go find the rainbow fountains?”

Soarin’ groaned. “But, they burn my nose... they smell so strong!” However, he dutifully followed mate, his foal, and Featherweight. His poor sensitive nose would really sting for a while, but it was worth it so Scootaloo could play with her little friend.

Even if Featherweight was a colt.


Cloudchaser and Flitter nodded before Empress Luna.

“So, you understand that, if you fail, there likely won’t be a next generator for us, right?”

Cloudchasr grinned. “Empress, have I ever let you down?”

Luna grinned. “No... you found the Hurricane Sisters and the mirror pool. My beloved doppleganger Nightmare Moon owes you her very existence.” Luna hugged the two sisters. “You are my most trusted servants. Please do not disappoint me.”

The two saluted after being released and then took off. “When we return, we’ll have plenty of mares!”

Author's Note:

For those of you wondering about the pegasi, they're supposed to be highly inbred in this fic.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment