• ...
5
 8
 830

Chapter One

There stood a beautiful alicorn. From her glossy lavender coat, neat medium length mane that was slightly curled to the side and stunning violet eyes, everything about her was perfect. Not even her gorgeous pink and white dress adorned with ribbons, lace, and red rubies could compare to her beauty. Yet, she wore a sad expression on her delicate face. She sighed as she looked at her reflection in the full body mirror hanging from the wall. She touched the glass surface of the mirror with her right hoof for a brief second and dropped it back down to the ground. “You promised to smile more. You promised to move on and become happy again. Isn’t this what you promised to them..?” She spoke in a barely audible tone at her own reflection. As if the atmosphere wasn’t gloomy enough, she began to recall a story she had read the other day titled, Snow White and the Seven Fillies. The alicorn queen in the story would constantly ask the mirror who is the fairest mare of all, as if to reassure herself that is she truly the one and only fairest mare. In the end, the magic mirror would reply that Snow White is the fairest mare of all. Instead of asking the same question from the story, Twilight whispered to the mirror, “Mirror, mirror on the wall? Who is the loneliest of all..?” Of course she did not have a magic mirror nor was she expecting a reply. I am the loneliest of all. Twilight thought to herself as she stared into the eyes of her reflection. She took one last look at her eyes that reflected pain and sorrow, before turning her back to the mirror. She faced the curtains that were covering the windows and decided to let some fresh air in. The curtains, followed by the windows were engulfed in a magical fandango aura, opening by themselves. The once dimly candlelit room was basked in rays of warm sunlight. A gentle spring breeze filled the room with the scent of cherry blossoms. Twilight sat on her bed and closed her eyes. She began to calm down as she breathed in the pleasant aroma of nature. Once she was fully relaxed and her emotions subsided, she laughed quietly to herself for having such depressing thoughts and the fact that she was ridiculous enough to compare her situation with a fairytale story. It was times like this when she was not busying herself, depressing thoughts would arise from her unconscious mind. No matter how hard she tried, she could not hide from her own feelings. Even the books she read on how to cope with loss, did not help her. It didn't matter if she could vent out her feelings to a trusted pony or receive any form of advice. She couldn't help it. She couldn't help feeling so sorry for herself.

A knock on the door snapped Twilight from her thoughts. “You may come in.” Twilight said as she got off from her bed and stood on all four hooves. A six foot tall purple dragon with a slender yet slightly masculine build entered into the room. He bowed and said, “Twilight, I mean Princess Twilight, Princess Celestia requests that you join her for lunch.” Twilight giggled, causing an embarrassed Spike to blush and sheepishly grin. “Oh, Spike, I told you not to be so formal around me. And, just Twilight is fine.” Twilight said as she gave her dragon friend a warm smile. “Hah, alright. Even after all these years, I’m still not used to calling you a Princess, Twi. Anyway, Princess Celestia will be waiting at the dining hall. She’s not going anywhere so, no need to rush.” Spike replied and smiled back. “Okay. Thanks Spike.” Twilight responded and meekly smiled at him. Sensing something was wrong, Spike stared into Twilight’s eyes which still reflected sadness. “Hey, Twi? You alright?” Spike asked with a genuine look of concern on his face. “I.. I’m fine Spike. I’m just a little hungry right now, that’s all.” Twilight lied and tried to give the best persuading smile she could muster. Spike nodded and gave her one last encouraging smile before he left the room, closing the door behind him. Her fake smile faded and her feelings of loneliness returned. She sighed and trotted to her nightstand that was located on the left side of her bed. On her nightstand was an alarm clock and a frame with a picture of her five best friends and her wingless self. Before plopping herself on her bed, she grabbed the frame with her two front hoofs. She layed on her back and hugged the frame close to her chest. She felt a lump in her throat and soon enough, tears began to stream down her elegant face. One by one, tear droplets fell down gently to the ground. Twilight continued to quietly sob alone while shutting her eyes, as she hugged the frame tighter to her body.

Oh.. how I wish to go back to those days... I miss you girls so much. Twilight thought to herself. After a while, she opened her eyes and struggled to see through her blurry vision caused by her own tears. She rolled to her side and looked at her alarm clock. After remembering her lunch meeting with Princess Celestia, she quickly wiped her face with her right front hoof, got out of her bed, and stretched her wings open. She carefully grabbed the frame and set it down on her nightstand, giving it one last longing look. She quickly trotted to her mirror to check on her face. After magically levitating a cosmetic container of powder, she opened it and levitated her powder brush. She began to freshen herself up to hide her tear stained face. However, the cosmetic powder did not help to hide her somber expression. She levitated the powder container and brush back onto her make up stand, located on the right side of her bed.

Twilight was confident in herself that she was somewhat presentable to meet with the Princess. After staring back at her reflection one last time, she thought to herself, "Mirror, why do you taunt me so?" She sighed and exited her room. The sounds of her hoofs echoed throughout the large castle halls as she made her way to the dinning hall.

Author's Note:

Hi! This is my first fanfic. I was inspired by a certain rwby trailer. Hehe. Thanks for reading, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Comments ( 8 )

Bravo! Bravo! One thing though, whenever a new character speaks, it begins a new paragraph.
Twilight
Spike
Twilight
But great otherwise

I just agree with Wolf Counsler, but other then that great story.
P.s. maybe you can read my story "My Day in Ponyville"

Am I the only one that noticed the change in Twilight's cutie mark?! One more star people!

Listened while reading

Hm. I don't condone the use of Rwby here, as the story could use a differently put point, but nevertheless you achieve what you wanted to. I'll stay neutral on this one.

2145444 HER CUTIE MARK NEVER CHANGED!!GOD DAMMIT!

2145444 sorry lost my temper.

Also, Twilight isn't immortal...

Login or register to comment