• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 324 Views, 0 Comments

The great pony wars toll. - scootaloocutestfilly



Twilight's lover is sent to fight in the great pony war.

  • ...
9
 0
 324

Chapter 3: A bad day on patrol.

Thunder opened his eyes and saw nothing but the clear blue skies, it was a beautiful day out. Not a single cloud in the sky, and it was so quiet all around him except for the loud ringing in his head that wouldn't go away. Then reality hit him and he started frantically looking around for his rifle, he was very lucky to be alive.

Thunder and his squad were surveying the area when they were ambushed with explosives planted just under their feet. The only thing that kept him from being killed by the blast was his decision to investigate a suspicious hole in the ground right next to the road. He had turned around to give the all clear to the rest of his squad when he was blown back ten feet clean off his hooves and slammed into a tree.

Thunder ran back to the site of the blast and started scavenging for anything that could be useful, he found a rifle with half a clip and a utility belt with a few extra mags. After he was done scavenging he looked ahead of the road and heard the familiar sound of the half tracks the enemy favored for their transportation. Thunder knew that he is most likely the luckiest guy in all of Equestria right now, but he wasn't gonna take any chances right now. Thunder ran on the side of the road until he came to a forest that ran for miles. It would be perfect for him to slip past the advancing force.

Thunder darted into the forest and ran as fast he could, he could the engines of the Half tracks coming to a stop at the sight of the ambush. Thunder stopped and saw a rocky wall ahead of him that would be perfect for getting a idea of which way he was going. Thunder climbed up the wall as fast as he could and looked back at the road. He watched with his binoculars as the ponies in the half track stepped down from the vehicles and observed their handy work. They looked around and kicked over debris as if they were looking for something specific. Then one of them started yelling in their native tongue, as they drug one of his fellow soldiers behind him.

Thunder could feel his adrenaline spike as they tossed his friend to the ground and pinned him down to the dirt. As angry as it made him he knew he couldn't take them on, he watched as one of them rose his rifle up and shot the pony through the chest. No survivors, Thunder had been told that the eastern ponies were ruthless and never took any prisoners. But now he understands fully that he must do what he can to fight and survive against such a formidable threat. The next few days are not gonna be easy, and Thunder understood this very well. He ran back down the hill and hurried back towards the base to warn the others of the attack, and contact twilight as soon as possible.

Author's Note:

Again, I would like to thank FlutterGuy227 for spending his time modifying some of this story.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment