• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 606 Views, 12 Comments

Attack of the evil doors - thetrapezoid



Sombra's evil door starts a takeover of Equestria

  • ...
1
 12
 606

Bright Lights

As Pinkie and Twilight traveled down the narrow corridor, it began to grow darker and darker. Twilight illuminated her horn so they could see where they were going. In addition, Sombra's laugh was faintly echoing in the hallway.

"Do you know what it is saying?" asked Twilight.

"Don't be silly, Twilight. It's not saying anything right now." replied the pink pony, "Most of the language is just meaningless evil laughter."

"Uh huh..."

As they continued down the hallway, they found themselves a small hemispheric room that was about 20 hooves in diameter. On the other side was a large black door with a crystal at the top.

"That's Sombra's door. I remember it from the crystal empire."

"Well, let's open it," said Pinkie.

As she moved her hoof to open the door, it moved away to the right. When she tried again, it moved up to the ceiling.

"It... It wants to play tag! I love tag." Pinkie began to chase the door around the room trying to grab the doorknob.

Twilight shot a magical bolt at the crystal above the door, making it stationary.

"Gotcha!" said Pinkie Pie as she grabbed the handle. As she opened the door, there was a bright flash of light and Pinkie found herself standing in the middle of Ponyville.

Huh? How did I get here?

The first thing Pinkie noticed was the large number of ponies walking around town. They seemed extremely frustrated.

Looks like these ponies need some cheering up.

"Hi Daisy! Why are YOU so unhappy? It looks like you managed to get out your door."

Daisy returned a large scowl. "Pinkie, what in the world made you think you were welcome back to Ponyville?"

"What? I live here."

Applejack joined the conversation. "I thought we told you we didn't want to see your face around Ponyville ever again. We are SICK of your constant singing and reckless behavior."

"Applejack! I'm your friend. Why would you say that?"

Rainbow Dash landed beside her. "I'm afraid that your disgustingly chipper attitude isn't welcome around here. Now leave this town, and never come back."

"How could you say that?" Pinkie began to break down crying.
***

"Pinkie? PINKIE!" Twilight was shaking Pinkie Pie out of her trance.

"Wha? What happened? I was in Ponyville, and my friends were telling me they didn't want me..."

"Calm down. It's the door. It shows us what we fear the most."

"Well that's not nice!" shouted the pink pony at the door, "How would you like it if I showed you what your biggest fear was?"

"What would a door even be afraid of?"

"This!"

Pinkie Pie took out her cannon.

"Now tell us," began the pink interrogator, "Why have the doors revolted against us?"

"RRRRRGGGHHHhh! SLAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVEES! CRYSSSSTALLLLLLSSSS!"

"At least this one UNDERSTANDS our language," commented Twilight.

"You enslaved them? But how?"

The door continued to speak with the grunts and growls of the Sombra dialect.

"You showed them their worst fear? But what is a door's worst fear?"
***

The door flashed another bright light and both Twilight and Pinkie Pie found themselves back in Ponyville. They began to brace themselves for any scary dialogue from other ponies, as that was what Sombra's door liked to do. Instead what they saw was Rainbow Dash taking doors off of of various buildings and putting them in a big pile in the center of town. Twilight, utterly confused, walked up to her friend to ask what was going on.

"Well Twilight, I'm glad you asked," answered the pegasus. "You remember the recent invention in Cloudsdale? The Selectively Permeable Cloud?"

"Yeah."

"Well, every homeowner in Ponyville is buying them, since they perform the same function as a door, but are so much safer against potential door injuries."

"And you are gathering all the doors in Ponyville?"

"Yup. It's awesome. Finally Equestria see the inherent danger and evil that is present within doors, and are moving forward to a safer alternative. No longer will hooves, manes, wings, or horns be crippled by those wooden menaces."
***

There was another flash of light and the two ponies found themselves standing in the small room again.

"So the doors fear they will all become useless and turned into scrap wood with the recent invention of the SPC," said Twilight.

"That's horrible! I wouldn't want to become a scrap pony. What does a scrap pony do anyway?"

"Well Pinkie Pie, I guess you were right. The doors are sentient after all. They were just being enslaved by Sombra's door," said Twilight. "So let's do to this door what we did to Sombra."

"But that would require us to go all the way to the Crystal Empire to get the crystal heart. AND, this plan would be a violation of the 8th amendment to the constitution, which protects criminals from cruel and unusual punishment. We can solve this problem by negotiation RIGHT NOW."

"What amendment? What constitution? I thought we lived in a monarchy."

"Oh, right. Wrong universe. But we can still solve this problem right now." Pinkie turned to the door. "If you stop trying to take over Equestria, we'll give you a new paint job."

The door swung open and slammed in Pinkie's face.

"Okay... I guess you're not into makeovers. What DO you like?"

The door responded with more Sombra language.

"Well, we can't let you enslave other doors any longer. They need free will like every living thing."

"Pinkie Pie," began Twilight, "Not every evil being can be negotiated with." She lit up her horn and fired a white beam at the top of the door. The door was forced open to reveal the chamber behind it. Inside lay a small chest on top of a concrete pedestal.

"The elements of harmony. We HAVE to use them." Twilight levitated the chest out the chamber and opened it. She levitated her crown above her head and then attached the element of laughter to Pinkie's neck. "Now let's get the others," said Twilight as she began walking back the way they came.

Pinkie sighed. "I was THIS close to ending this without deus ex machina."
***

The two ponies stopped at the trapdoor formerly known as Celestia.

"Shh... Do you hear that?" asked Twilight.

Pinkie put her ear to the door. "No, I don't hear anything."

"Exactly! When we left, the others were trying to keep the other doors from making it here. Right now, there is no sign of a struggle. Did they... fail?"

"Only one way to find out."

"PINKIE! NO!"

But the eager pink pony had already opened Celestia. Instead of finding themselves back in Canterlot Castle, they found themselves in room with four small corridors. Torches provided light in all of them. Each one had a small door at the end of the corridor.

"Whoa! Surreal!" shouted Pinkie Pie.

"This doesn't make any sense," said Twilight as she followed Pinkie out the door. "I'm sure this was the way we came."

"Look!" Pinkie was pointing at one of the doors. "That's Applejack's cutie mark!"

Twilight squinted her eyes at the door. "Hey, you're right."

In fact, all four of the doors had the cutie marks of their friends plastered right in the center of them.

"Have they been turned into doors as well?" asked Pinkie.

"I don't think so, otherwise we would actually see their bodies on the doors like with Celestia." Twilight turned to close the door behind them. She intended to ask her mentor for advice. "What is this place? What do we do now?"

The picture of Celestia merely winked at her student.

"I think we should open one of those doors to find out what is on the other side," said Pinkie Pie.

Twilight and Pinkie walked to the door with Applejack's cutie mark. As they got closer, Twilight realized that the apple was not rounded, but polygonal. Ignoring it, she used her magic to turn the knob slowly and open the door. There was a bright flash of light.
***

The two ponies found themselves standing in the middle of an orchard. The sky was bright, sunny, and clear. The first thing that Pinkie took notice of was the strange fruit growing on the trees that were neatly organized in rows beside them. They were cubic apples and were sparkling in the sunlight.

"This must be an orchard in the Crystal Empire," said Pinkie Pie.

"Okay, but why are we here?"

"Hey! You two!" The shout came from behind them. As the pair turned around, they came across a sparkling red crystal pony. Her mane was tied up in fashionable pony tail. Her cutie mark was a polygonal apple

"Do you work here?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"Yes I do! But what are you two doing out here in the open? Sombra is on the loose!"

"Sombra! Where?" panicked Twilight.

"There! Look out!" shouted the crystal farm pony.

Twilight felt a large pelt on the back of her head. She rubbed the back of her neck and found that someone had hit her with a clod of dirt. She turned to face her attacker, only to find a small black unicorn colt standing about thirty hooves away from her in the orchard. He was holding another dirt clod in his hoof."

"That kid Sombra keeps pelting all the passersby with various objects, including my precious crystal apples. I keep warning ponies not to come too close. If only I could catch that mischievous little runt." The farm pony began to chase after the colt, Sombra. There was another bright flash of light.
***

Twilight and Pinkie found themselves standing outside the door where they came in.

"So Sombra was just like any other pony?" asked Twilight.

"Yeah, but let's go to the other doors to find out just how he went from just a funny prankster into such meanie meany-pants who tries to take over Equestria with doors."

The duo headed back down the corridor from where they came and headed down the one with gemstone cutie mark. A bright flash of light accompanied them as the door was opened.
***

The two ponies found themselves standing outside of a dark cave. A few crystal ponies which could only be identified as miners were walking in and out of the cave carrying heavy loads of crystals. The surrounding country side was covered in snow. Few trees were around on the desolate tundra. For some reason though, Twilight and Pinkie Pie did not feel cold.

"Look over there," pointed Pinkie Pie.

It was Sombra the colt. He was galloping toward one of the crystal unicorns standing near the cave. She had a single purple gemstone as her cutie mark. Her coat was a shiny navy blue with a curly purple mane.

"Hey! *pant* I'm back," said Sombra.

"Where were you? You were supposed to be here an hour ago," said the mare.

"But sis, why do we even need to do this? I feel like all we do is dig, dig, dig."

"Well, when you're older you can decide how this family makes money then."

"Why should we even have to work for our money? Why can't others work for our money? Why can't any of these stuck up ponies work for us?"

"Because only the nobles are allowed to do that. And we are the serfs that work under them."

"Well, we should be the nobles. All they do is sit in their nice comfy mansions and throw their lives away at jousting tournaments."

There was another flash of light that blinded Twilight and Pinkie Pie.
***

"So apparently he was jealous of his position in the feudal society that he lived in," said Twilight.

"And that is how he got the motive to become the enslaving slaver who enslaves other ponies," replied Pinkie Pie.

The two ponies ran back and entered the door with butterfly cutie mark. Unlike Fluttershy's cutie mark, this butterfly had flames on it.
***

After the flash, the first thing that Twilight and Pinkie had noticed was the burning crystal city. This time the sky was dark and full of smoke. Far away on the road a battle was taking place between various crystal ponies. Unicorns shot flaming projectiles from their horns. Earth ponies and pegasi were fighting each other with various spears, swords, and axes, all made of crystal. Citizens were running around in the street in panic.

"What is going on here?" asked Twilight.

"It's a coup! What do you think?" The voice came from a a stallion with a butterfly for his cutie mark. "The serfs have gone crazy! They say that they intend to overthrow the oppressive nobles and establish a new regime. They completely burnt down my garden and plan to raze the rest of the city."

"Is there any way we can help?"

"I doubt it. Us nobles are hopelessly outnumbered."
***

The two ponies returned to the room from where they came in another flash of light.

"One more to go!" shouted Pinkie Pie.

The final door with the lightning did not flash light. Instead, they two ponies blacked out.
***

The ponies regained consciousness in the crystal palace. The area was quiet, so they could only assume that the battle had passed. Newly crowned King Sombra was sitting in the throne room with his sister. He had taken on his recognizable form, having dark red eyes and an aura of black magic surrounding his body.

"Well bro, we finally did it. We overthrew the oppressive nobles and are now the new dictators," said the mare.

"Yes, time to make all those crystal ponies work for me!" ordered King Sombra.

"Wait, what about all the other serfs that helped you in your revolution? And what is this about "me". WE overthrew the government."

"They must become my slaves as well."

"But why? They helped us."

"I will not tolerate slaves that talk back to me."

"I'm not your slave! I'm your sister."

Sombra charged up his dark green magic. A large green lightning bolt erupted from his horn and hit her sister square in the chest.

"Now you are my slave. You will spend the rest of your life guarding the crystal heart that the crystal ponies must not find."

"Yes, of course. Master." The mare disappeared into the ground.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Twilight and Pinkie Pie were too shocked to say anything before they started teleporting back to the chamber.
***

"So, what now?" asked Twilight. "We know Sombra's back-story, but how does that allow us to stop his door?"

"Remember that Sombra said that his sister would spend the rest of her life guarding the crystal heart," said Pinkie Pie.

"Yes."

"Well, what was guarding the crystal heart back in the crystal empire?"

"THE DOOR! Sombra's door is actually his sister! And with my anti-changeling spell, I can return the door back into its original form."

"Great idea, Twilight!"

Celestia had opened up by herself as the two ponies raced back to Sombra's door, having finally solved the puzzle.

"Time to set you free." Twilight charged up her magic and fired a blast at the door. It glowed purple before it slowly began to fade away. Inside the chamber, a navy blue crystal pony began to fade into existence.

When she had finally solidified, she jumped to her feet in panic. "STOP! I REFUSE!"

"It's okay," assured Pinkie. "He's gone. It's over. You're safe."

"Are we?"

"Yes, but now we need your help in saving our friends."

"What happened to them? Where am I?"

"Well, while you were enslaved by your brother, you somehow turned every door in Equestria against us."

"I'm sorry. I was just so confused. When I noticed I had no master, I had this sudden urge to keep enslaving all other doors."

"Sombra's magic must have made you like him. He planned for you to take over in case her was defeated, whether or not you wanted to," said Twilight.

"Well, I think I can help. My brother is not the only one who knows door magic," said the mare.

The trio walked back toward Celestia. As she was opened, they came across an army of doors waiting for them.

"My name is Humbra, and I command you to return to your hinges." The unicorn charged her magic up in a bright flash of blue light. Everyone was blinded.
***

When they came to, the chamber of the elements of harmony had been restored to it's original layout. The army of doors were completely gone. Twilight's friends all woke up on the floor in confusion.

"Where is she?" asked Twilight.

Pinkie pointed to her mentor lying on the ground, who was slowly opening her eyes

"Princess Celestia! I'm so glad you're okay." She rushed to give her teacher a hug. "How did you lose to the door? What is it like being a door? How..."

Princess Celestia put her hoof to her student's mouth. "None of that matters anymore, my faithful student. Well done in saving Equestria yet again."

"Your welcome. I guess this means we can all go home now, right?"

"Wait! What about the doors?" asked Pinkie Pie. "Are they okay?"

"Of course they are," said Humbra. "They have been returned to their dormant states. Unlike ponies, doors are actually happy to serve."

"And what about us?" asked Sam the Ram. "Do we get anything out of this?"

"Yes, I shall make it outlawed for equines to enslave other sentient creatures," said Celestia.

Sam and his friends cheered in delight.

"What about the SPC? Will they replace the doors?"

"Of course not," said Rainbow Dash, "As of now, they are still way too expensive. They are still working on bringing it to market. Your doors are safe... for now."

"Well then, I guess that solves everything," said Pinkie Pie.
***One week later***

It was a bright and sunny day in Equestria, because those days are just beautiful, no matter how cliche they are. SugarCube Corner was very busy with customers.

"Good morning Pinkie Pie," said Humbra. "What are you up to?"

"Just workin' my rump off to make enough food for all these ponies. What are you doing here in Ponyville? Don't you want to go back to the Crystal Empire where you lived?"

"Nah, I think I'll have a better life here in this small town. After all, this is where my new friends are."

"Aww, thank you." Pinkie Pie handed Humbra a cinnamon bun.

"How did you know I was going to order this?"

"Just a hunch. Have a nice day."

"You too."

As Humbra walked out the door, she was stopped my Mr. Cake.

"Careful!" he shouted.

"What?" asked Humbra.

She looked at her hind hoof and noticed she was about to kick the door closed.

"Oh, sorry."

She turned around, lifted her arm, and gently closed the door to SugarCube corner.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading this story. Be sure to give feedback (positive and negative) as I am always trying to improve myself as a writer. And if you liked this story, be sure to give a thumbs up and a fav.

Thanks to Wildebeest for proofreading.

Comments ( 3 )

Liking the Backstory for King Sombra

2290668
Thank you. Wish he could have got sone more in the show.

2291330 I know I'll start a shitstorm of contriversy but there was that part where his horn survived...

Login or register to comment