• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 606 Views, 12 Comments

Attack of the evil doors - thetrapezoid



Sombra's evil door starts a takeover of Equestria

  • ...
1
 12
 606

Ram Cannon

When the flying sheep passengers got closer to Canterlot, they noticed that the situation there was much worse than in Ponyville. Multiple houses were being torn down by the royal guards in order to free the inhabitants inside. Soldiers were surrounding the castle both on the ground and in the sky, trying to find a way in to rescue their leader.

"Drop us down in front of the castle," said Twilight.

The flock of flying sheep dropped their new friends in front of the castle. Sadly, nearby ponies were too preoccupied with the current disaster to notice what the sheep were doing.

"What are we waiting for? Let's teleport inside and rescue the princess," said Rainbow Dash.

"We can't do that," replied Twilight.

"Why not?"

"The royal castle is protected by a magical aura that prevents outside ponies from teleporting inside. If it wasn't there, any unicorn could get inside and rob the place."

Rainbow Dash groaned. "So the only way is through the front door?"

"No, there is also back doors and side doors."

"But only doors, right?"

"Uh, yeah. But don't worry, I will be able to find a way inside."

"Good luck with that," said one of the guards. "We've been trying to get in there for a while now."

"Have you tried breaking through one of the windows?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Of course, but this is crystallized glass imported from the Crystal Empire, which is impenetrable. It was built for security reasons."

"Are any of the doors leading to the balconies breakable? I could fly up there and..."

"Nope, it's all made of crystallized glass."

"But there HAS to be a way in there."

BOOM

The cracking thunder was loud enough to have everypony's ears ringing for a few seconds. As they all turned to face the source, they found a huge hole in the stone wall. In front of it was Pinkie Pie, grinning while laying on top of a large black cannon.

"Well, you never said that the stone walls were impenetrable," she said.

"Pinkie Pie, you're a genius," exclaimed Twilight. "I didn't know your party cannon was that powerful."

"No, THIS cannon is my hole-y cannon, cuz it makes holes. My party cannon is for parties only."

"Awesome," said Rainbow Dash.

"Not so awesome for me." Sam was lying dazed below the hole. "Good thing I drink a lot of milk. These horns wouldn't be able to take this much abuse otherwise.

"Sorry, I didn't have any cannonballs with me," replied the abusive pink pony.

Pinkie Pie picked up Sam as she and her friends entered the castle through the breach. She dragged her cannon with her, as there would inevitably be more walls and doors to break down. The princess was trapped on the third level, where the elements of harmony were located. Their first door stood fifteen hooves (about the same as a human foot) high and twenty hooves wide.

"Nothing my hole-y cannon can't solve."

As Pinkie Pie fired Sam at the door, the door quickly swung open to let Sam through, then immediately shut again.

"Nice move, but let's see you dodge this!"

The pink cannoneer loaded two of the other rams into her hole-y cannon.

"You know the only way to repay us for this is our complete freedom, right?" they said.

"No problem," replied Pinkie.

The cannon was lit and the shots were fired, one after the other. The first shot aimed directly at the door, which it dodged. But as the door attempted to shut closed again, it collided with the second fired ram. The door was breached open, revealing stairs on the other side.

The band of ponies and rams ascended the stairs to the second level. The large doorway to the next level was twenty hooves tall and made of concrete.

"How am I supposed to break through that?" Sam asked.

"Simple, we use more powder," Pinkie replied.

"Pinkie, I think they've had enough. Give the cannon a rest then."

"Why we have to go through the door specifically?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Maybe we don't," said Pinkie Pie as she placed Sam in the cannon and aimed it upward. She fired a large hole into the ceiling.

"Ah, good thinking."

The rams then lifted the flightless ponies up through the clearing, while the pegasi followed them. As they continued toward the chamber of the elements, they found that they had to contend with one more door.

Pinkie began to stare down this final door. "Time to kick doors down and chew candy, and I'm all out of ammunition... Wait, that's not right."

"How in the hay are we going to get past this door?" asked Applejack. "It's like, forty hooves high and made of crystallized glass on top of more concrete."

"We have no choice. We must... reason with it," asserted Pinkie.

"Pinkie, if reasoning with the doors didn't work before, why would it work now?" asked Rarity.

"Maybe we can bribe it," suggested Rainbow Dash. "But we have to find out what doors like?"

"Don't tell me you're buying into the sentient door theory as well," said Twilight.

"Who knows maybe it'll work."

"Oh, I know something that the door would want." Rarity walked up to the door, "If you let us in, I'll give you the most fabulous paint job you ever received."

"Yeah, ya can trust Rarity. She's great at making things look good." asked Applejack.

"Applejack..." began Twilight grumpily.

Suddenly, there was some rumbling from below. It had the sound of a marching army, but not one with hooves for feet.

"I'll go see what that is," said Rainbow Dash. She flew back down the hole to the lower level.

Meanwhile, the door had started making growling noises.

"Grr. Rrrrgh. Ahhhhh."

"That sounds like King Sombra," said Applejack.

"Twilight, you were right, it does sound like King Sombra," Pinkie said.

"Thank you Pinkie. As you can see, this is not in fact a revolution of sentient..."

"That means it only understands Sombra." Pinkie cleared her throat. "Rrrrghh. Rawr. Hahaha. Grrrrrr."

The door responded. "Rrrrgh. Mine. Grrrrrr."

"Rrrrrrgh. Crysssssstals. Uhhhhhhhhhh."

"Rawr. Uhhhhhh."

"What did it say?" asked Rarity.

"Not sure. He either said that he is not letting us through under the orders of his master, or that The Home Stable is having a great sale on windows."

"Tell him the bribe we are offering."

"Rrrrrgh. Paint. Grrrrgh. Ahhhhh. Mine. Haarrrr."

"Ah. Grr. Rawr. Arrrrr. Grrrrr."

"He says he'll take it, as long as it's blue and orange polka dots."

"But that's such an ugly color scheme. No one would look good in that."

"Rarity, just agree to it. Remember that the customer is always right," said Applejack.

"You guys weren't right when it came to your gala dress design."

Rainbow Dash came speeding back into the third floor. "You guys! That marching sound is an army of doors. They have somehow detached from their buildings, overpowered the guards, and are now climbing up the stairs toward us."

"Rrrrgh. Rarity, just accept the deal," said the frustrated orange pony.

"Fine."

Pinkie relayed the message and the door opened up to the Elements of Harmony hallway. Quickly the team rushed inside and shut the door before the other doors could catch up to them.

"How did they even know we were here? Doors don't have eyes, do they?" asked Sam.

"That's a good question. At least the windows in here aren't also against us as well," said Rarity.

"Whater you talkin about Rarity? The windows ARE in on it." replied Applejack.

"But we left Fluttershy's house through her window. What do you mean they are also in on it?"

"Uh oh," whispered Fluttershy. She flew to Rarity and began digging through her mane.

"Fluttershy! What are you doing?" she asked.

Fluttershy dug out the splinter that the window had planted inside Rarity's mane when they left the house.

"That must be how they know we are here. That splinter is some sort of... tracking device," said Pinkie.

"So all the doors in Equestria have closed in on us to prevent us from rescuing Celestia," Rarity commented.

"Wait, where IS Celestia?" asked Rainbow Dash.

They hadn't even looked at the magical door for the elements standing on the other side of the room. When they finally did, they saw that indeed, Celestia wasn't there.

"Did, she escape?"

"No, we would have heard from her if she did," said Twilight.

"Hold on, what is that?" asked Sam. He was pointing to something on the ground in front of the door.

As they approached the object, it turned out to be a door. Not just any door, but one with Princess Celestia on it. It looked like she barely fit into the space allowed by the door. Jaws dropped as they realized what had happened.

"Celestia... is a DOOR?"

"She must've been stuck inside the magical door for so long that it turned her into a door," cried the purple librarian. "Celestia! Can you hear me?"

There was no response. Instead, Celestia opened herself up to reveal a stairway beneath her.

"I didn't know this tunnel existed," said Rarity.

"Neither did I, but I feel that we must go down there in order to stop this madness," said Twilight.

Meanwhile, there was a large bang at the front gate. The door army had made it to the chamber.

"I'll go down there. You guys stall the door army as much as possible," Twilight ordered.

"I'll go with you," said Pinkie Pie.

"No, I'm doing this alone."

"Twilight..." Pinkie suddenly became very serious, "You are going to need my help with this. We wouldn't have gotten this far otherwise."

Twilight gave this some thought. Surely Pinkie wasn't correct when it came to a lot of things. But then, how else could the door have opened without her diplomacy? How could they have made it into the castle without her quick thinking? Perhaps it was worth it to bring her along.

"Ok Pinkie, you can come."

"Thank you, Twilight."

As the two ponies descended down the stairwell revealed by Trapdoor Celestia, the steel door started making growling noises with the door army.

"Looks like the army is trying to convince the big door to join their side again," said Rainbow Dash. "Let's start barricading the door."

The ponies started propping various objects in the room against the door. They were hoping that their friends would find the source of the problem before the door army could overpower them.

Author's Note:

Next chapter is the last chapter.