• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 607 Views, 12 Comments

Attack of the evil doors - thetrapezoid



Sombra's evil door starts a takeover of Equestria

  • ...
1
 12
 607

Door Dependency

As Rarity and Pinkie Pie arrived at the library, they noticed that the door was missing, and that there were charred remains surrounding the frame. Water was raining onto the floor near the doorway.

As the two ponies walked into the tree, they found a heap of books lying scattered across the floor. Twilight was levitating books across her eyes, scanning them for something relevant. Spike sat in the corner trying to bandage his fingers.

"Twilight! Have the evil doors struck here as well?" Pinkie asked.

Twilight had just noticed her two friends in her house. "Pinkie Pie! Rarity! Thank goodness you're here. Yes, the doors in our house have been very aggressive. Spike had to incinerate the front door just to free his fingers. Has the rest of the town been like this as well?"

"Yes, it has," said Rarity. "My bathroom door tried to squish me!"

"Don't worry, I'm already trying to find a counter spell to whatever is causing this."

"Twilight, it isn't a spell," Pinkie said, "It is a revolution. The doors of Equestria are tired of being slammed, jammed, propped, and abused by their masters. They plan to destroy us all. We must fight back against the traitors. Once they are defeated, we can address some of their grievances."

The other two ponies just stared at the crazy pink pony.

Sam was the first to speak. "I think the explanation of the purple one is more..."

"SAM. Can you please go get your friends? We need all the rams we can get in order to fight the doors." Pinkie untied the ram still lying on top of her back. He began to run out the door in his newly acquired freedom.

"Wait, are you going to help us?" asked Pinkie Pie.

Sam turned back to face his pink kidnapper. "Why should I help you? You kidnapped me and shoved me into several doors. In fact, I don't see a reason to help any of you ponies. You also enslave us and treat us horribly. You keep us in pens and shave our hair to make fancy clothes for yourself." He glared at Rarity, who began to shift her eyes in guilt.

"Because you will be affected by this too," Pinkie replied. "Your own pen is blocked by a door. And those doors are merciless. They will be against you too."

Sam didn't respond. He just scowled and ran off.

"Pinkie Pie, you can't honestly be suggesting that the doors are alive right?" Twilight asked.

"Of course I'm suggesting it," said Pinkie. "Doors have feelings too you know. And right now, they're feeling angry."

"Well, gather the others. We may have to use the Elements of Harmony. Whether the doors are sentient or under a spell, the elements should fix the problem. It will be our last resort if I can't find a spell to solve the problem"

"Twilight, The elements of harmony are locked behind a door," said Pinkie

"Yeah, and Celestia can just open it with her magic," replied Twilight.

"But that won't work, since that door is probably part of the revolution too. If only we weren't dependent on doors for everything," said Pinkie

"We'll see if this epidemic has reached Canterlot. First get Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy," commanded Twilight.

"Yes ma'am," said Rarity and Pinkie in unison.

Each of them left the library and went into the storm. They split up in order to reach their friends faster.
***

Rarity fought her way against the rain toward Fluttershy's cottage. She didn't like how her mane was being ruined over and over again, but her friends' safety was more important. Besides, her closet which contained her umbrella was blocked by a door, which, like all the others, was uncooperative.

There it is. Just gotta knock on the door and hope she is home.

As she tried to knock the door with her hoof, the door bent inward to avoid her hoof, forming a concave shape.

Oh no, not this one too. I'll just have to try and force my way in. This isn't my area of expertise, but this door must be punished for disobedience.

Rarity put aside her thoughts and trotted a few feet away from Fluttershy's door to get ready to charge. When she was ready, she bolted toward the door. Right before impact, the door swung open by itself. Rarity's momentum kept her going right into Fluttershy's room impacting directly with the yellow pegasus. The door slammed shut afterward.

Wow, how did the door even know I was here? thought Rarity as she got off of her friend. "Fluttershy, I'm so sorry, but you've got to help us. Have you noticed how aggressive doors have been acting lately?" Rarity said as she pointed to Fluttershy's front door, "We must use the elements of harmony to banish the curse."

"Yes, I have. The doors in my house have been hurting my animal friends. I can't figure out why."

"I can't either. But perhaps we can use the Elements of Harmony to fix the problem. We'll need your help for that."

"Wait, we can't go just yet." Fluttershy brought a birdcage that was lying on her desk. "You have to help Morning Glory. She is trapped inside, and the door is locked shut like all the other doors. And the gaps are too small for her to fit through."

"These doors will even hurt innocent animals," Rarity said woefully. That means that Sam the Ram might be in trouble after all.

Rarity magically grabbed the birdhouse out of Fluttershy's hands. "I think I may be able to remove the nails on the roof. Then she can just fly out."

"Oh, thank you, Rarity. I don't even remember why I have a lock on the door."

Rarity tugged on the nails of the roof with her magic. Slowly they began to slip out. Once they were all removed, out flew a small robin. It chirped with delight and relief.

"Thank goodness you're safe," said Fluttershy as she gave Morning glory a small hug.

"Quickly Fluttershy. We must find Rainbow Dash and get her to the library."

"How will we get out though? The door is keeping us locked in."

Rarity opened one of Fluttershy's windows.

"Oh yeah, right," Fluttershy said, "Just let me get my umbrella."

"Is it behind your closet door?" Rarity asked.

"Yes it is. Why do you... Oh."

The two ponies hopped out the window toward Rainbow Dash's house. The window hit Rarity's head on the way out.
***

Pinkie Pie wasn't in her usual chipper mood. She traveled to Sweet Apple Acres by running instead of her usual hopping. The first thing she saw when she arrived, she saw that their barn door was broken down.

She passed the barn and walked toward the house. She saw that every single door and window in the house was shattered. Rain was coming in from all entrances and making the first floor of the house fairly uninhabitable.

Yeah! No door can stand up to the strength of AJ. She is like a prison warden and the doors are the prisoners. Then again, that isn't a very nice thing for wardens to do to their prisoners.

The pink pony entered the drenched interior that was the house of the Apple family. The carpet made loud squishing noises from being soaked in water.

"Applejack!" she yelled.

"Down here," came a voice from below her. Pinkie ran over to Applejack's basement door, which was also broken down and ran down the stairs. The only source of light in the room was a small lantern sitting on a desk in the middle. Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle were sitting near the lantern wrapped up in towels. Applejack, Big Mac, and Granny Smith were also down there, trying their best to keep the CMC warm.

"Doors all over Ponyville are..."

"Trying to hurt us, yes," interrupted Applejack. "The little ones were trapped up in their clubhouse when they the storm started. We had no idea that the doors and windows were locked shut, or that the clubhouse was covered in leaks. We eventually had to break every single door and window down before it could hurt anyone else. What's your story?"

"Well, Twilight plans to use the Elements of Harmony to stop the doors from revolting. We need your help to do so."

"Revolting? Alliance?"

"Yes, the doors are unhappy with us, and they have come to fight for their freedom."

"Uh... huh. I just think it's just one've them curses. But I'll help ya out."

"Why did you shatter the windows though?"

"They were also acting viciously."

"So the doors and windows are in cahoots! No way!"

Applejack made one last check that everyone else was okay before heading out the basement with Pinkie Pie.

"You are a pretty brutal prison warden Applejack. I don't think the public would be happy with how you treat your prisoners."

Applejack just nodded; not even attempting to comprehend what she had heard.
***

Rarity and Fluttershy arrived at Rainbow's floating house. Fluttershy moved up to the window to get Rainbow Dash, who was taking a nap on her bed and snoring very loudly.

"Psst. Rainbow Dash, wake up," Fluttershy said as she gently nudged her friend.

"Wha? Is it time to end the storm yet?" asked the sleepy pegasus. She sat up from her bed.

"No, Rainbow Dash. Doors are trying to take over Equestria."

The lazy pegasus fell back on her bed and drifted off to sleep.

Oh yeah, Dash doesn't have doors in her house. She wouldn't know anything about this. How can I convince her to help? thought Fluttershy.

"Rainbow Dash? Twilight needs your help."

"Urmf, she probably just got disorganized. She worries about everything." Rainbow said.

"I need your help too."

The blue pegasus sat back up.

"What do you need help with?"

"Fighting back against doors."

"Doors? That thing that the rest of you have that just get in the way of everything?"

"Yes. They are trying to hurt us. You probably didn't experience this because you are... door independent."

"That was because back when I was at flight school, I fractured my hoof when it got caught in a door. I have been avoiding doors ever since. I designed my house to be completely free of them."

"Then you must believe me when I say that the doors are now actively hurting us."

Rainbow sighed. "This wouldn't be a problem if you designed your houses to be as awesome as mine. But let's see how I can help."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." Fluttershy gave her sleepy friend a wet hug, due to flying in the rain.

"Wonder why any of you ground dwellers even need doors. They just latch onto loose body parts."

The two pegasi flew out and descended from the flying house. They found Rarity trying to get the water out of her mane as she took shelter under the house.

"It's hopeless, you're gunna have to come out sooner or later," said Rainbow Dash. "Unless..."
***

The two groups arrived back at the library at roughly the same time. Rarity was having her own personal cloud to shield her from the rain. Meanwhile, Twilight had a brown paper bag over her snout as she tried to calm herself down with heavy breathing.

"So what's the news Twilight? Could you get the elements of harmony?" asked Applejack.

Twilight took a deep breath. "No. Whatever this is, it has affected Canterlot as well. In fact, the magical seal on the door lock to the elements was even stronger than Celestia. In fact, Celestia's horn is actually CAUGHT inside the lock. She is effectively trapped."

"Wow, these doors are even stronger than we thought," Pinkie said. "We have a huge fight ahead of us."

"But," began Twilight. "She was able to identify the magic that was binding the door."

"What kind of magic is it?" asked Rarity.

"Sombra's."

Author's Note:

Rainbow Dash's distaste of doors is actually based on a friend of mine that got his finger fractured by a door last year.