• Published 24th Jan 2012
  • 365 Views, 1 Comments

Adventures of a Wealthy Lad: Equestria - Twitchy Brony



My life before MLP:FIM isn't as other's believe it to be. And after, well that's totally different!

  • ...
 1
 365

Chapter 1: It Couldn't Get Any Better!



One of my childhood friends had posted a video of the first episode of My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic. The thumbnail was a picture of a lavender pony. I thought it was cute, and it somehow brought a smile to my almost never-smiling face. At that moment, I was filled with a feeling I couldn't even describe! I was so compelled; I just HAD to watch the video!



(22 minutes later)



I’m so glad I decided to go online today! I thought to myself. This show is amazing! It’s so happy and cute, I feel like the happiness is starting to rub off! I was grinning like a madman.



I HAVE TO WATCH MORE. Youtube is my best friend.



(several hours later)



I can’t believe I’ve watched all the episodes that have aired! I can’t wait for the next one to come out! I guess I’ll just look online to see what other people say about this show…



“Wait… there’s a fandom of MLP?” I thought aloud. “Bronies… Hmm… That has a nice ring to it! Guess I’m a Brony! I can’t believe I was going to commit suicide; that’s just stupid! *yawn* I really should go to sleep earlier…”



I drift off to sleep, with a smile on my face. I really hope I dream of ponies. *chuckle* I’m so lame.


“NO! He was supposed to die today! It looks like we’ll have to have a little intervention, then.”


“Where am I?” My vision began to clear, and I appeared to be in a dimly lit hallway.

“Hello, Aaron. It’s a good thing you’re here now. I don’t have to wait any longer!”



“Who’s there!?” I shout, while looking around intently.



As soon as those words left my mouth, a figure stepped out of the darkness. It was a unicorn pony! He had a jet black coat with what appeared to be a red mane and tail. I say ‘appeared to be’ because they weren’t like normal manes and tails; they were angular, like the shape of blades. He had topaz colored eyes, with pupils that looked more cat-like than pony. I couldn’t make out his cutie mark, because his flank was slightly discolored from what looked like burns.



“Oh, cool! I’m dreaming about ponies! But wait… I haven’t seen you in the show before… What’s your name? … and how do you know mine?”



“It amuses me that you think of us as merely a show. My name is Twisted Sorrow. I know your name because you were on the ‘suicide list’.” My right eye twitched, as I realized what was happening. “You were supposed to die last night. Do you realize how much sorrow you’ve prevented by living? You’ve prevented my feeding on the despair of your loved ones! If you’re not going to kill yourself, I shall just have to do it for you!” His horn started to glow a deep crimson.



“WUH…” I tried so desperately to run, but I was quickly caught in his magic. “COME ON, AARON, WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP!!!”



“Pathetic human! It’s too late; you will never be able to wake up again!” He was wearing a wicked grin, which clearly displayed his killer intent.



Is this really how it’s going to end? Well, I’m glad I didn’t take the coward’s way out. I’m glad I at least got to discover these ponies. I’ve never been this happy before…



The magic, that I was being levitated by, started to constrict. Instead of being even around my body, it quickly converged at my neck. I was being hanged by a ‘magical noose’. I struggled for what seem to have been hours. I was choking and flailing about, but to no avail. Eventually, my vision faded to black.


“GAH!” I screamed, as I woke up in a pitch black space. I was sweating profusely, with tears streaming down my cheeks. I felt cold… so very cold… “Am I… dead?”



“Nay, thou art not. We hath brought thou here. Thou art safe, for now,” said a grayish blue mare. She had teal eyes, and a translucent light blue mane that seemed to flow. She was a winged unicorn.



Wait a second…



“P-princess Luna? What’s going on? All I remember is this dark unicorn who tried to kill me! I was being suffocated, but I can’t remember what happened afterwards…” I had placed my right hand on my neck, remembering what had recently occurred.



“We hath saved thou from the unicorn named Twisted Sorrow. He hath been a follower of our Dark Magic. He hath becometh mad with power! He preys on the sorrow and despair of thy race. Humans hath such strong emotions, and he harnesseth thy feelings, making him stronger!” She speaks really loudly…



“So… you’re saying that Twisted Sorrow is really good with your Dark Magic, and he’s taking the emotions of humans as power?”



“Indeed. He hath been following thou, for thy sorrow was great. Thy sudden change of emotions hath upset him greatly. Do not be afraideth. We hath an idea. Thou shalt becometh a pony, for ponies’ emotions are harder to senseth with Dark Magic. Thou shalt be safe for the time being. What art thou wishest to become: an earth pony, Pegasus, or unicorn?”




“Um.. Can I have a minute to think? This is a big decision to make…”



“Certainly.”



After contemplating the pros and cons of each, I finally come to a decision. “I think I’d like to be a Pegasus, please! “



“Alright. Holdeth still.” With that, she touched my forehead with her horn. It lit up immensely, until the whole place was bathed in light. The light was so bright, compared to the darkness we were previously in, I thought I was going to go blind! My vision went hazy, and I passed out.




(Author's note: Depicting Luna is kinda difficult... with all of her archaic terms and such. Nonetheless, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter!)

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment