• Published 28th Jan 2013
  • 1,187 Views, 67 Comments

Equestria: Exterminate - Clueless Listener



“Daleks, Ponies, and maybe even a TARDIS. What more could you want in a fic? Maybe... explosions? We have those too. And a Time Lord, of course. The only thing left is to make it more sonic!”

  • ...
3
 67
 1,187

EXPLAIN!!!

Chapter 4- “EXPLAIN!”


The empty blackness of space. Peaceful. Serene. It seemed like nothing could break the tranquility of the void.

The large machine that passed by proved that incorrect, however.

Inside the machine, several dark forms passed to and fro. The area was dark, too dark for any living thing to see in. But that didn’t matter to the occupants of this particular ship.

“Emergency Temporal Shift was a success! Calibrating sensors now!”

“Explain! Where are we?”

“Unknown! No nearby points to reference from!”

“Receiving unknown signal!”

“EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN!”

Comments ( 16 )

Just so you know, Daleks wouldn't be using Emergency Temporal Shift in their actual ships.

That thing is put in for, well, Emergencies, directly in their little tank armor thing, so that an individual important Dalek can get out of there in a hurry. The Daleks, when inside their actual ships, are a much more effective time traveling Empire, and even their early incarnations, without nearly as high a tech level as the modern ones, were able to build a time machine comparable to the TARDIS.

By the time of the Time War, they had gotten good enough at the Time Traveling game that Skaro(The Dalek home planet, and where they were created) getting deleted from history no longer actually affected them. They had to be, just to survive the opening salvo of the Time Lords, let alone start winning the war like they did.

Basically, their ships wouldn't be using the random time/space travel that Emergency Temporal Shift is, they'd be using something far more effective, able to have at least as much control over their destination as a well piloted TARDIS.

"EXPLAIN!!!" is so short I don't think it even counts as a chapter.:ajbemused:

2048457
Conceivably, this ship took some major damage, disabling the temporal controls leading to the emergency temporal shift being the only available system still online to keep the ship intact, depending on where/when the ship is escaping from.

2048457
It's a good idea to stop over-analyzing it and just enjoy the story.

The Daleks are aliens who are in possession of incredible technologies. it's a sci-fi story. Just go with it.

2048501

Oh, fine.

How many Daleks are on that ship anyway? You only really need one to Exterminate everything, but out of sheer curiosity, just how many are there?

2048522

Not really related to this but I just found out this from one of the Doctor Who Novels, Prisoner of The Daleks.

"That thing killed Stella. And you know how those Dalek guns work, don't you? On full power, they can blast a human being to atoms in a split second. But they never do that. Every Dalek dials down the power on it's gun-stick to the specific level that will kill a human being. Then they lower the power setting just a tiny bit further, so that the beam burns away the central nervous system from the outside in, meaning that every human being dies in agony. So it takes a full two to three seconds for a Dalek to exterminate one of use - and that's deliberate."

Daleks aren't just omnicidal, they're also sadistic jerks.

2048625

I'd calculate just how many joules of energy their guns can output to atomize something with the mass of a human instantly, but I'm not good enough at physics for that.

So I'll just say; a lot. Like, a truly huge number.

2038248
i will collab with you if you want?

2048522 temporal shift eh? hm... no IMPOSSIBLE THEY DIED IN MANHATTEN, IT CAN'T BE THEM :pinkiegasp:

2215023 well one didn't die in manhatten but you know what I mean.

2904849
EX-PLAIN!

EX-PLAIN!

EX-PLAAIIIN!!

2048617 The Daleks thing is that literally hate everything that isn't Dalek. Admittedly it isn't really something a human can feel properly like a Dalek can but imagine if you found someone you truly hate. Hate like they killed your family, burned your dog, widdled on your carpets, licked all the Doorknobs and made a rumour a that made everyone laugh at you. Now imagine you had something to get back at them with. That's how a Dalek sees EVERYTHING. They aren't jerks on their own it's just how they are. This might seem a bit over the top. It's because it really is XD

What do you mean it's the end?! We've only just begun!.. Ugh...

Login or register to comment