• Published 28th Jan 2013
  • 789 Views, 18 Comments

Becoming A Nightmare - thefulkboy1



Under the guidance of Nightmare Moon, Luna seeks out eight nightmares that will help her return to Equestria and overthrow Celestia once and for all.

  • ...
1
 18
 789

Chapter Five- Fear Incarnate

Chapter Five...

Fear Incarnate



“It seems there has been a small... miscommunication, my dear,” the cloaked one wheezed. “Perhaps we can settle it over some dinner?”

The woman stared up at him, her hands bound together. “Go to Hell,”

“Ah, but we’re already here, aren’t we?” the cloaked one chuckled. “I know it’s hard to accept, but you must believe me. You will not be going back to Earth.”

“Fuck you.”

The cloaked one laughed raucously, his haunting voice echoing through the room. “Well, don’t you have quite the vocabulary! But please, do say something other than curses. Like, for instance, you could be asking me who I am.” The woman glared at him, trying to hide the fear that was coursing through her body.

“I don’t belong here, you monster.” she growled at him.

The cloaked one smiled, showing a vast array of long, sharp teeth. “Yet, I never make mistakes, my dear. You know just as well as I do that you led a terrible life. And therefore, you shall be punished as such. Surely you followed that religion?”

“And yet, I’m not dead.”

He stared at her with small red eyes, his head tilted to one side. “So, you humans are as smart as they say. Well, I will be having you stay for dinner.” He stepped back, smiling as warmly as fear incarnate could. “And you will be the main course.” From his cloak came two metallic hands, with long, clawed fingers that clanged together. Before the woman could react, the cloaked one had sent his left hand through her stomach and his right through her neck. He popped her head off like a cork, and it sailed through the air and hit a wall. For the cloaked one, this was all very comical, and he laughed as blood gushed from the body. Then, using his left hand, he tore the corpse in two. He grabbed an arm and ripped it off, tossing it into his mouth. The stench of blood, unbearable for any normal creature, was glorious for him.

He was fear incarnate, the Cloakmaster.

---

As Luna wandered deeper into the city, the buildings grew larger. And cleaner, she noticed. These buildings were practically spotless compared to the rundown shacks toward the edge. Also, the creatures around her looked nicer, not as evil. She could have swore she saw a human walk past her.

“This place is so... strange,” Luna remarked, glancing around her. “Why are there so many different creatures here?”

“Don’t question the Cloakmaster,” Nightmare Moon hissed. “He’s probably listening to everyone’s conversations in this part of the city.”

She continued to walk between the buildings, staring up at the dark sky above. It seemed to shudder, as if it was breathing. Maybe the place was just getting to her.

“Stop!” Nightmare Moon yelled suddenly, and Luna skidded to a halt. Sitting in front of her was one of the tallest towers that she had ever seen. It stretched above the other buildings, nearly out of sight. “This is it. This is where the Cloakmaster lives.” Luna began toward it, but something halted her. “You must know something first. One, the Cloakmaster is crafty. He will try to get into your head, and he might just succeed. Don’t let him. You must prove that you are stronger than he. Two, he is extremely terrifying. But don’t let that phase you. We came here to do a job, and we will finish it.”

“So... if he’s as frightening as you say, then what are the others like?”

Nightmare Moon was silent for a moment. “There is a reason they are called the Nightmares, Luna. Now, let’s get inside and see what the Cloakmaster has in store for us, shall we?”

Author's Note:

Finally, the fifth chapter is up! If you guys thought this chapter was disturbing, then you should stop reading now. It's only going to get worse.

Comments ( 7 )

This story is fascinating. These chapters need to come out more frequently.

This is an excellent story. Looking forward to the next chapter, whenever it comes.

Is this dead? Are you dead?

8840907

whenever it comes

8840913
Oh, my. I see that you're determined to see this till the end... Good luck! :pinkiehappy:

rip this story

4477644
you're an excellent fic ya loser nyah nyah nyah

Login or register to comment